Callaway Apex Irons Preview

Yeah, that's what he asked me and that's why we went the 3-PW to mirror what I am currently playing. I do have a matching GW for my set, but took it out of the bag a few months ago to go to 58/52/PW.

I'm in the same boat. I feel I get more control with my 52.

Was it by choice or did callaway reccomend a specific set based on the individual.

You could go with whatever you wanted. Matt gave his recommendation but I didn't feel any pressure to go one way or the other. I think everyone realized they were in the hands of a very experienced fitter. I don't think anyone is disappointed with what they were fit for.

You could go with whatever you wanted. Matt gave his recommendation but I didn't feel any pressure to go one way or the other. I think everyone realized they were in the hands of a very experienced fitter. I don't think anyone is disappointed with what they were fit for.

that's incredible. I can't wait to see these things start to popping up at your doorsteps.

This was it exactly. Matt wanted us to try it all and then he recommended based on how our bag was set up or how we think we want it set up. Great guy full of knowledge!

Amazing part was how he looked at my current clubs and knew they were to long for me. As tall as I am I have a long reach. IE I wear a 38in sleeve. Cant wait to see how these play. I ask the misses every day if they showed up lol.

Since I've been fit twice before, I basically told him my specs but he made me swing and double checked it all.

I do wish I added the 3 iron though since I've pulled my 64 as of right now.

#ImWithChad

When it came to Matt's recommendation, he just asked me what I thought looked best. I wasn't expecting that.

Smart man. And who better to provide direction than freaking Matt Haneline.

Your avatar is going to swell Chad's head to a point where hats will not fit him. That is if he wore hats but then again that would mess his hair up:bashful:

I can promise tons of feedback on these. I've been playing a forged GI iron for just long enough to get a feel for distance and forgiveness and overall playability.

I have been killing my irons lately, hitting 9i comfortably from 150, SW from 120 even. Am VERY curious to see how these clubs compare.

If I get even 5 yards and more feel from these bad boys, I will be ecstatic.

Just saw the pricing on these irons: $1099 for the steel shafts (True Temper XP95), $1299 for the graphite shafts (UST Recoil). The performance that is talked about in this thread is pretty impressive, but that pricing is also impressive.

Just saw the pricing on these irons: $1099 for the steel shafts (True Temper XP95), $1299 for the graphite shafts (UST Recoil). The performance that is talked about in this thread is pretty impressive, but that pricing is also impressive.

shockedmatta.gif

That pricing brings back memories of when Callaway was selling their titanium line of irons - very proud, very bold.

I think that is close in pricing to the Diablo Forged when they came out. It was the only reason I didn't buy them, and I still regret it.

Wow!

I'm gonna be bold and say that if they want to hit a homerun with these in terms of sales, they better adjust their pricing. That's more than Mizuno irons and most titleist.

#ImWithChad

Yeah they just priced me right back into my XHP's.

Which isn't a big deal. :)

Wow!

I'm gonna be bold and say that if they want to hit a homerun with these in terms of sales, they better adjust their pricing. That's more than Mizuno irons and most titleist.

#ImWithChad

To that point, the new MP-54 from Mizuno is $999, and the AP2 from Titleist is $1099 for steel shafts in both.

I shudder to think of what the Apex Pro pricing is going to be.

Is that MSRP or what stores are going to be selling them for?

Interesting. When in doubt, drop the 3 and 4 iron. I just saved you almost 275 bucks.

#profit

Interesting. When in doubt, drop the 3 and 4 iron. I just saved you almost 275 bucks.

#profit

Wardy is making $$ for the people. #That'sWhyHe'sCaptain

Back