2013 Denver Broncos: Best Offense Ever?

I'm just gonna throw this out there but IMO Peyton manning just might be the best quarterback ever

Nope. Not even close. Montana, Brady, Elway, Graham, Unitas, and Starr all have something to say about that claim.

I'm just gonna throw this out there but IMO Peyton manning just might be the best quarterback ever

Best regular season qb ever. Best overall? Montana, Brady and others are heads above when it comes to crunch time. Hell, even Eli is better in big time games.

#ImWithChad

Nope. Not even close. Montana, Brady, Elway, Graham, Unitas, and Starr all have something to say about that claim.

Not even close? Wow, that is pretty shocking. Most of the so called experts say he is definitely in the discussion.

Yeah, with his one Super Bowl/NFL title, I am sure a lot of people will argue that one.

#resultsbaby

Not even close? Wow, that is pretty shocking. Most of the so called experts say he is definitely in the discussion.

Peyton is really good and revolutionized how the position is played. That is what gets him in the discussion. It certainly not his post season record.

He may not be the definitive best ever, but surely hes at least in the debate.

Peyton is really good and revolutionized how the position is played. That is what gets him in the discussion. It certainly not his post season record.

So post season record is what does it?
Im on the opposite side I guess. I think a guy has to get one. But you just cant say rings make the guy, there is so much more to it than that. If that was the case, guys like Big Ben and Eli would be in the same discussion and there is nothing to be said even remotely to get that conversation.

I dont see how anybody can think he is not directly in the conversation. He got the ring (and is not done playing), he has changed the way the game is played, he has the arm, the accuracy and every intangible. And he has done it without much.

I don't think there is anyone better in the regular season, records or not.

If Peyton can get at least one more ring, he is definitely in the discussion IMO.

#ImWithChad

So post season record is what does it?
Im on the opposite side I guess. I think a guy has to get one. But you just cant say rings make the guy, there is so much more to it than that. If that was the case, guys like Big Ben and Eli would be in the same discussion and there is nothing to be said even remotely to get that conversation.

I dont see how anybody can think he is not directly in the conversation. He got the ring (and is not done playing), he has changed the way the game is played, he has the arm, the accuracy and every intangible. And he has done it without much.

Absolutely not. But when it comes to big games, Peyton has failed a lot. He's top 10 for me. Not top 3. Definitely not #1

Absolutely not. But when it comes to big games, Peyton has failed a lot. He's top 10 for me. Not top 3. Definitely not #1

In this era (last 15-20 years), who's been better overall including regular season and post season not named Tom Brady?

#ImWithChad

In this era (last 15-20 years), who's been better overall including regular season and post season not named Tom Brady?

#ImWithChad

Elway, Favre, Brees, and (in post season) Little Manning.

And the question wasn't best of this era. It was "best ever". Tall list of players who didn't have pass interference and illegal contact to bail them out.

So Brees with one superbowl gets the nod over Manning?
Favre? You talk about making mistakes with Peyton and through Favre in there.

Oh my goodness. Its all opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours.

So Brees with one superbowl gets the nod over Manning?
Favre? You talk about making mistakes with Peyton and through Favre in there.

Oh my goodness. Its all opinion and you are certainly entitled to yours.

Brees did beat the Colt's in that Super Bowl.

And Favre I have a tough time ranking up there but Burt Favre did play a lot of outdoor games and still put up numbers. Plus, name for me another offensive HOFer that Favre played with?

Elway, Favre, Brees, and (in post season) Little Manning.

And the question wasn't best of this era. It was "best ever". Tall list of players who didn't have pass interference and illegal contact to bail them out.

I'll give you Elway but never Favre or Brees. People have this love for Favre that I've never understood. The guy was good for multiple picks a game yet no one says a thing. Romo or Eli throw one and they get crucified.

Brees has one ring right? Just like Peyton.

#ImWithChad

I'll give you Elway but never Favre or Brees. People have this love for Favre that I've never understood. The guy was good for multiple picks a game yet no one says a thing. Romo or Eli throw one and they get crucified.

Brees has one ring right? Just like Peyton.

#ImWithChad

Eli never throws just one pic. He throws them in bunches. But then wins rings somehow.

Brees did beat the Colt's in that Super Bowl.

And Favre I have a tough time ranking up there but Burt Favre did play a lot of outdoor games and still put up numbers. Plus, name for me another offensive HOFer that Favre played with?

Charles Woodson.
Next question?

So let me see if I can understand here. A guy gets rewarded for being on a great team and winning regardless if he was the reason (see Eli, etc)
And rewarded for being on a good team with no HOF and winning.
And rewarded for being on a great team full of HOF and winning (see Montana, Young, etc)
But not for being on a good team with 1-2 HOF (maybe) and winning.

As mentioned its your thoughts, I will leave it at that. That list is ummm interesting.

Charles Woodson.
Next question?

So let me see if I can understand here. A guy gets rewarded for being on a great team and winning regardless if he was the reason (see Eli, etc)
And rewarded for being on a good team with no HOF and winning.
And rewarded for being on a great team full of HOF and winning (see Montana, Young, etc)
But not for being on a good team with 1-2 HOF (maybe) and winning.

As mentioned its your thoughts, I will leave it at that. That list is ummm interesting.

Charles Woodson didn't play offense. And at least say Reggie White.

I don't know if I think Favre was better than Manning is. But I do know that Peyton isn't top 3 for me.

Antonio Freeman and Sterling Sharpe will probably be in the HOF. They deserve to be at least.

Antonio Freeman and Sterling Sharpe will probably be in the HOF. They deserve to be at least.

I like this post. But it is a bit ridiculous.

We just have a tendency in the Information Age with sports especially, to think that whatever we are seeing now is the best ever.

I think it's important or the purposes of discussion and rationality, to at least consider the opposite.

I like this post. But it is a bit ridiculous.

Haha well they were the only two I could legitimately think of that he threw to that have a shot at the HOF. Maybe Moss but Favre didn't have him in his prime. I got your point though about the guys he was surrounded by.

Haha well they were the only two I could legitimately think of that he threw to that have a shot at the HOF. Maybe Moss but Favre didn't have him in his prime. I got your point though about the guys he was surrounded by.

Moss, AP could count. But I was thinking more as a Packer.

N/m. You just convinced me. Peyton is better than Favre. That case I closed.

I don't see how Peyton isn't in the discussion. That guy never had any defense to help him out. I'd take him over any current QB in the league (assuming I'd have him for his career, not starting now).

I don't see how Peyton isn't in the discussion. That guy never had any defense to help him out. I'd take him over any current QB in the league (assuming I'd have him for his career, not starting now).

But that isn't the question. Right now, Peyton is one of the top two QBs in the league. No question. But of all-time. He isn't there yet for me. That doesn't mean he won't get there in my mind. But right now, Montana, Elway, Brady, Otto Graham, Johnny Unitas (in no particular order) get the nod over Peyton for me.

Back