Des Moines Outing in October

Still wish you were coming man

I feel like I should be doing some trash talking. Since I haven't met anyone other than Sleuth, I'm outta luck.

Now for dinner. I'm not sure where the hotels are located. We have a Texas Roadhouse, Twin Peaks, Iowa Machine shed ( Iowa' Cracker Barrel), Jethros BBQ.

Let me know where y'all are staying and food everyone likes. I think you guys are in Ankeny. Jethros has a location there and it is really good. Sandwhich, BBQ, beer.

I wont be getting in until laaate Friday and I am going to stay at my girlfriends parents house in Ames and will just head to the course Saturday morning

Saturday dinner does not matter to me. All I ask is that there is good food and beer. BBQ always sounds good.

Saturday dinner does not matter to me. All I ask is that there is good food and beer. BBQ always sounds good.

Keep Hawk away from the bar games

I am up for any food as well. Cheap beer is a plus at the specific venue.

The bulk of my beer drinking will need to be within the hotel or within walking distance, but I'm up for dinner anywhere.

I'm not bringing a bunch of stuff, but if there's something you've been dying to try out let me know and I'll see about it. With the 2014 gear coming I don't have a bunch of the latest and greatest though.

The bulk of my beer drinking will need to be within the hotel or within walking distance, but I'm up for dinner anywhere.

Within the hotel grounds seems to be the most viable option. This is the same place you guys stayed at the last time right? The only places I remember being close were an applebees which I ate at on Friday and then the BWWs we all went to on Saturday

Yea that's it. There's a bar at one of the hotels accross the street too.

Yea that's it. There's a bar at one of the hotels accross the street too.

Oh ya thats right. That is the hotel I stayed at last time hahaha. I am pretty carefree when it comes to what we do. If we have dinner then go back to the hotel and just BS it will be a perfectly fine evening for me. Some would say I enjoy conversation

*packs earplugs*

You guys will love Jethros! You can get warmed up there and then cross the finish line at the hotel. I can drive to dinner and back since I am not a big drinker. I have a crew cab pick up so I have room for more than a few.

Dinner Friday is still on for those that are here that night. I get home from work Thursday afternoon so I'm available whenever Friday.

No worries, there'll probably be extra socks waiting for you in your room.

Lol. Almost forgot about that......almost. I did not bring them home with me though.

OK, motel is done (thanks Rock). All I know is I'm going to be wearing some white pants (with my Michigan shirt on Saturday of course).

No problem. Sounds like it all worked out pretty easy. I may have to do what I never do, which is wear a hat instead of a visor, just to show some Hawkeye love. But I may not even bother with that.

I feel like I should be doing some trash talking. Since I haven't met anyone other than Sleuth, I'm outta luck.

Now for dinner. I'm not sure where the hotels are located. We have a Texas Roadhouse, Twin Peaks, Iowa Machine shed ( Iowa' Cracker Barrel), Jethros BBQ.

Let me know where y'all are staying and food everyone likes. I think you guys are in Ankeny. Jethros has a location there and it is really good. Sandwhich, BBQ, beer.

No twin peaks. Although the idea seems like a good one, they somehow have worse food than hooters. I'm a fan of BWW, just because of the large amount of TVs. I don't know how far it is, but Wig & Pen Pub could also be a good choice. Flying Tomato pizza is fantastic at the Wig & Pen.

Within the hotel grounds seems to be the most viable option. This is the same place you guys stayed at the last time right? The only places I remember being close were an applebees which I ate at on Friday and then the BWWs we all went to on Saturday

You remember where you stayed last time? That seems like a shock. There isn't anything particularly close as i recall. But for everyone's reference, there is a nice liquor store across the street from our hotel.

~Rock

Taylor, you don't mean that :)

FW, looking forward to meeting you sir!

What no Applebee's? Tall cold beer :D

tappin from my big as note2

I'll be in around 2 - 3 Fri afternoon

tappin from my big as note2

Take a look at Jethros. I highly recommend it.

http://jethrosdesmoines.com

There is a BWW in Ankeny but I think Jethros is better.

I am more than fine with Jethros, I honestly do not care where we eat.

Jethros will be fine. Somewhere that serves a nice cold beer with food.

~Rock

Yes please.

I see Bulldog coming in Friday. I believe there were some others. Here is my cell phone

8 one 7- four 7 five- 77 six 8.

If your coming Friday, you can text or call if you want to do dinner Friday.

Back