2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

We are extremely excited about this event! Mrs Smitty and I are still formulating our travel plans but here's what we know so far: we will be arriving (either by plane or car, not sure yet...) in Orlando early afternoon on May 6th, staying at Bay Hill for 3 nights (to get our game warmed up hehe!) and then heading to the Hyatt early Friday afternoon for the festivities.

We are extremely excited about this event! Mrs Smitty and I are still formulating our travel plans but here's what we know so far: we will be arriving (either by plane or car, not sure yet...) in Orlando early afternoon on May 6th, staying at Bay Hill for 3 nights (to get our game warmed up hehe!) and then heading to the Hyatt early Friday afternoon for the festivities.
Sounds like an awesome plan, maybe you will run into The King....No not Chad or Harry, the real King :)

I will check from there and Cincy as well, but Dayton is so easy to fly out of and usually cheaper.

Depending on what we decide to do about her working or not on Friday depends on the need for a direct flight or not. I'm hoping to fly in on Thursday and maybe tee it up at grand cypress on Friday morning if she allows it.

I approve of grand cypress!

It looks like a great warm up for the weekend and if anyone wanted to join I'd be cool with that.

If our flight arrives early enough Friday I am certain I could talk the wife into a warm up round...

Same here man, if we get in early I think we wouldn't mind to join you. I got her wanting to get a putting green in the basement so she will be good on sunday to help her game. But a nice warm up round sounds good.
It looks like a great warm up for the weekend and if anyone wanted to join I'd be cool with that.

Sounds like an awesome plan, maybe you will run into The King....No not Chad or Harry, the real King :)

I would be thrilled if I could meet Elvis.. ummm wait.... that's not who you meant... Nevermind Looking forward to having an Arnold Palmer with the man himself. Can't wait to meet everyone at the event.

If our flight arrives early enough Friday I am certain I could talk the wife into a warm up round...

Same here man, if we get in early I think we wouldn't mind to join you. I got her wanting to get a putting green in the basement so she will be good on sunday to help her game. But a nice warm up round sounds good.

Sounds good a bit early to decide for sure so we'll table the discussion for a hot minute.

Mrs.Smitty so how much golf do you play? Just wondering so I can figure what my wife has to compete against lol. She played in high school on the team and took lessons in College. This year I got her a new golf club set and she's only used it once. So hopefully she'll start wanting to go out there with me. Can't wait to meet you guys. And go Cards lol
I would be thrilled if I could meet Elvis.. ummm wait.... that's not who you meant... Nevermind Looking forward to having an Arnold Palmer with the man himself. Can't wait to meet everyone at the event.

Mrs.Smitty so how much golf do you play? Just wondering so I can figure what my wife has to compete against lol. She played in high school on the team and took lessons in College. This year I got her a new golf club set and she's only used it once. So hopefully she'll start wanting to go out there with me. Can't wait to meet you guys. And go Cards lol

We play at least 4 times a week but you know how the weather is around here, might have to cut that down soon. LOL I am starting a petition to let the girls play at this event. :) Glad to hear there will be a fellow girl golfer, sounds like she would kick my rear and I'd bet on her winning at putting. Tell her to be kind and what better place to try new clubs. You guys aren't far from STL so maybe we could do a mid-west outing sometime... I'm not finding to many female players and maybe she could teach me. lol

If Arnold Palmer served you an Arnold Palmer I think it would cause a temporal paradox... :laughing:

If Arnold Palmer served you an Arnold Palmer I think it would cause a temporal paradox... :laughing:

It might if he served me a John Daly.. :angel:

Sounds like im going to need to bring my A game with all these women who golf. I think my wife has hit 10 putts ever on my indoor practice green...

Haha I don't know about her teaching you anything. She's only played once this year, so she's gonna have to get back out to get that rust off. But yeah if you guys are ever up for a outing or something let us know and we might be able to put a couples outing on in the Midwest. And yeah were like 2 1/2 hrs from Stlouis. Always like to go down there and watch the cardinals or go down on morgan street to the bars. And you girls playing at the event? your going to have to take that up with JB, I probably could see you girls playing a round with us instead of just putting.
We play at least 4 times a week but you know how the weather is around here, might have to cut that down soon. LOL I am starting a petition to let the girls play at this event. :) Glad to hear there will be a fellow girl golfer, sounds like she would kick my rear and I'd bet on her winning at putting. Tell her to be kind and what better place to try new clubs. You guys aren't far from STL so maybe we could do a mid-west outing sometime... I'm not finding to many female players and maybe she could teach me. lol

Will actually be coming in town a bit earlier now - booked a 4th night (May 5th) at Bay Hill.

Is it May yet??

Is it May yet??

Haha I wish man. Was practicing my game tonight gotta get an early start. can't wait to hear who all is going to be there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

Last edited:
I wish, although I got some putting work to do with the Mrs

Same here man, were thinking about getting one of those birdie ball greens to have in the basement. They got some good prices on them, and they say they feel just like the greens.
I wish, although I got some putting work to do with the Mrs

Same here man, were thinking about getting one of those birdie ball greens to have in the basement. They got some good prices on them, and they say they feel just like the greens.

Talked to the Mrs about getting one too. She wasn't for it till I reminded her about this awesome event then she was a for it.

Talked to the Mrs about getting one too. She wasn't for it till I reminded her about this awesome event then she was a for it.

My husband bought one of these and it is what I have been using to practice on, I really like it and plus it's right there to putt on during breaks between laundry, cleaning, cooking, and lesson planning!

My husband bought one of these and it is what I have been using to practice on, I really like it and plus it's right there to putt on during breaks between laundry, cleaning, cooking, and lesson planning!

I used that reasoning with her and it worked :D. I got me I mean her a putter to use as well she just doesn't know it yet.

The wife and I went to my home course Sunday and spent some time on the putting green. I didn't give much of any advise on her putting strickly because it wasn't really needed. From around ten feet and in she was quite acurate. I know with a little more practice she'll be kicking my butt in no time. :D

Birdie Ball greens look nice. I wonder if I can find one somewhere to give them a practice roll.

Any luck on finding a birdieball to try out? Oh and just so everyone knows, Southwest has there calender out now in May.
Birdie Ball greens look nice. I wonder if I can find one somewhere to give them a practice roll.

Back