2014 Love Is In The Air - New THP Event

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We have released a bunch of info about this event over the last few weeks and are excited that it is now official. Love Is In The Air is going to be one of the premier events that THP hosts in 2014 and we could not be more excited about it.

When & Where
Orlando, FL
May 9th-11th

A weekend event like no other before it on THP.

Resort
The Hyatt Regency Orlando is one of the finest resorts in the area. Every amenity imaginable at your finger tips including multiple restaurants and pools and so much more.

Hyatt-Regency-Grand-Cypress-Hotel-Orlando.jpg

Golf Course
Orange County National has been named one of the top 50 public courses in the US, as well as hosting the PGA Tour Q-School finals 5 times in the last 10 years.

1.jpg

Itinerary
Friday evening meet and greet cocktail hour
Saturday morning round of golf for the guys
Saturday morning Spa pedicure for the ladies
Saturday evening cocktail party in a beautiful private suite.
Sunday morning couples round of golf. Guys play tee to green & ladies do all the putting.
SWAG SWAG SWAG

Cost & Signup
Deposit will be needed up front and then remainder 60 days from event
The cost for this event is $499 per couple and this includes
2 nights accommodations at the Hyatt Regency Orlando
2 Rounds of Golf at Orange County National
Spa Pedicure for the ladies
Cocktail Hour w/ THP in a beautiful private suite
Putters for the ladies for the round of golf
And So Much More (The SWAG is pretty darn cool)
As of right now this is open to 16 couples.

Signing Up
Officially Sold Out
Send an email to golfergal@thehackersparadise.com
In it include..
Your forum screen name
Your real name
Your partner's real name
You will then get a response from GolferGal w/ directions to complete signup.

Additional Night's:
The Hyatt has been kind enough to extend a discounted rate to anyone who would like to arrive early or stay a few days later. The rate is $109/night + tax (currently 12.5%). If you choose to extend your stay please let GolferGal know as soon as possible.

Waiting List is still open and many times getting on it, will mean you will get into the event. Do not hesitate to send that email into GolferGal to be added to the waiting list.

Saturday Foursomes
JB
Deuce
Coers
MikeDean441

Mward
fupresti
mmaynard11
ThreeBoysDad

Golf4Life
Sparksjr
TNTCigarGuy
Troyefl

Texasbrons
GolfinFF
kenh
Erky

Niteowl03
dhartmann34
Just_Hacking
Certifi_able

Sunday Groups
JB & GolferGal
Golf4life & Mrs.Golf4life
Erky & Partner
dhartmann34 & Partner

MikeDean441 & G-Rex
Troyefl & Partner
Texasbrons & Partner
Fupresti & Partner

Mward & Partner
Coers & Partner
Just_Hacking & Partner
KenH & Partner

Certifi_able & Partner
ThreeBoysDad & Partner
Deuce & Partner
TNTCigarGuy & Partner

Niteowl03 & Partner
GolfinFF & Partner
Sparksjr & Partner
mmaynard11 & Partner

Last edited:
Wow, I am surprised to see its only for 16 couples, I think this is going to be a special event, I really hope we can swing it.

Now that is impressive!

Cannot freaking wait!!

Wow, I am surprised to see its only for 16 couples, I think this is going to be a special event, I really hope we can swing it.

me too. On both accounts.

Wow that's is a great get away.

• Admin

If there is demand, there is a possibility of opening it up for more. It would just take some massaging to get done.

Sounds like one heck of a fun weekend at a sweet hotel & golf course!

Sounds like an awesome time. Unfortunantly when I asked the Mrs. I was reminded it was here one weekend to work a month and she can't get out of it. Hopefully next year!

Signup will be available next week. We will have full details on that soon.

This sounds outstanding! Now just gotta see if we can swing it with the flight costs.

This sounds fantastic. Time to look at the schedule.

Only question is do I do a week at WDW before or after the event?

Had nothing to worry about Josh, that's a fantastic value for what's involved. The hotel alone is a great value. The golf on top, you've already exceeded how much you'd spend on your own.

And the wives get their own putters? My putters are thankful!

Will depend as it gets closer. A week? You could hit all 4 in a day, 2 if you want to be safe!

Just text the wife the itinerary, running the numbers to see if we can swing this.

WOW, fantastic looking place (and course)...will be speaking with the Mrs. tonight to crunch numbers... flights for May haven't been posted yet on Jet Blue so that could factor in to our decision...

Interesting little fees in the fine print of the hotel...lol

"A daily Hotel Fee of $22 plus tax ($25 effective 1/1/14) will be added to your rate and includes Internet, transportation to Disney, Universal and Sea World, watersports rental and more. Additional charges for self-parking ($15/nt, $17 effective 1/1/14) or valet parking ($23/nt) will apply."

Just curious if that's out of pocket or did you get that built into the rates? Except for the parking...that cost I understand.

This is our question as well..but a good one to try and work out.

I'm also thrilled to see this at a Hyatt as I'm a Hyatt Gold Passport member...which is really funny to those who know what industry I'm in :)

Sounds great!!! Nice idea!!!!

"A daily Hotel Fee of $22 plus tax ($25 effective 1/1/14) will be added to your rate and includes Internet, transportation to Disney, Universal and Sea World, watersports rental and more. Additional charges for self-parking ($15/nt, $17 effective 1/1/14) or valet parking ($23/nt) will apply."

Just curious if that's out of pocket or did you get that built into the rates? Except for the parking...that cost I understand.

The resort fee is already included in the rate provided, however, parking will be your responsibility.

There will be no daily hotel fees for this event, only the parking is additional if you have a car

edit: Golfergal is fast

Wow, what an awesome event!

Awesome info!!

Back