Sunday morning golf school with my 4 year old is the best time of the week!

So I got a club in the mail today, and my wife tells me all day long that my son kept saying "open box, club for Noah". I didn't know how to break it to him that it was yet another club for daddy, so I took him to Austad's and he is the very proud owner of a brand new putter. It's still a little big for him, but he will grow into it quick enough, and he was beaming with pride now that he has a club like daddy's. I love being a dad!
Well you could always cut down the daddy club for him. How old is Noah?

Can't wait for my youngest to get old enough for clubs. Her older sister gave it a try but didn't care for it much. She'll still bang a few balls at the range with me a couple times a year. Really hoping #2 is the charm for a golf buddy when I'm an old man.

Unfortunately, she is sick now with her first cold. Mom stayed home with her today and it's daddy's turn tomorrow. I'd forgotten how helpless a feeling it is.

Can't wait for my youngest to get old enough for clubs. Her older sister gave it a try but didn't care for it much. She'll still bang a few balls at the range with me a couple times a year. Really hoping #2 is the charm for a golf buddy when I'm an old man.

Unfortunately, she is sick now with her first cold. Mom stayed home with her today and it's daddy's turn tomorrow. I'd forgotten how helpless a feeling it is.

Its a freaking blast buddy, Matt and I play together all the time.

Well you could always cut down the daddy club for him. How old is Noah?

Noah is 2 1/2 years old. He's starting to get it a little bit, the routine I taught him (that he always repeats to himself as he's hitting, maybe his first swing thought?) is "line it up, back, and through." He will definitely have some cut down clubs in his future.

Its a freaking blast buddy, Matt and I play together all the time.

I absolutely can't wait to take my kid out to an actual golf course; passing on the game to him might be one of my greatest aspirations in life. How old is Matt? And more importantly, do you let him win?

Look for First Tee affiliated courses in your area ... you guys may not have to wait quite as long as you may think (I was out with my 6 year old daughter this past summer).

I think my son may have found his calling, I sent these to Buck, he may have to lookout for the next generation!!!

That's cool Icey - great pics too.

Co-signed for my oldest son (20yo) so he can buy a guitar from the music store he works part time at. It's his first time applying for credit. With his meager part-time income ($120/week), he qualified for $7k of credit(!) from GE Capital and will be issued a Visa card. If he pays off the ~$500 for the guitar in 6 months, no interest will accrue, yada, yada. I told him to make those ~$80/month payments, always on time and if possible, add a bit more. I also advised him to NEVER use that credit card (29.99% interest!).

My credit history is a cautionary tale in itself but over the 20 years of being married to my wife my credit is now A+ paper (hers is a little higher, which is nuts), so I can definitely tell him how easy it is to have bad credit and how hard it is to improve it.

That's awesome Icey. He looks so excited in that bottom pic.

Stay on top of him bonk. Getting my first credit card, that I only planned on using for small things and paying off immediately, was a big mistake.

Baseball on, volume off. THP on the Ipad. My kids in the living room reading to us. Welcome to my Wednesday night multi-task.

Sensory overload. I know the feeling.

That's cool Icey - great pics too.

Co-signed for my oldest son (20yo) so he can buy a guitar from the music store he works part time at. It's his first time applying for credit. With his meager part-time income ($120/week), he qualified for $7k of credit(!) from GE Capital and will be issued a Visa card. If he pays off the ~$500 for the guitar in 6 months, no interest will accrue, yada, yada. I told him to make those ~$80/month payments, always on time and if possible, add a bit more. I also advised him to NEVER use that credit card (29.99% interest!).

My credit history is a cautionary tale in itself but over the 20 years of being married to my wife my credit is now A+ paper (hers is a little higher, which is nuts), so I can definitely tell him how easy it is to have bad credit and how hard it is to improve it.

Never too early to start teaching kids about responsible finances. Credit isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but it's very easy to get overwhelmed by it and in a deep deep hole that takes years to dig out of.

Sensory overload. I know the feeling.
The funny thing is I was actually relaxing and enjoying it. I was listening to Michael and doing my own thing while sitting on the couch :)

Stay on top of him bonk. Getting my first credit card, that I only planned on using for small things and paying off immediately, was a big mistake.

Never too early to start teaching kids about responsible finances. Credit isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but it's very easy to get overwhelmed by it and in a deep deep hole that takes years to dig out of.

Funny, my wife and I were talking about my son's finances this morning. He hasn't been good about keeping track of his savings and checking accounts, but now he's going to have to, to make sure he's got the funds in his account before he writes the check for his credit card bill. Until now, he's only been writing checks for one thing - his tithe. And we all know that God is much more forgiving of an NSF than a credit card company!

9 years ago today our lives changed forever when our first child decided to enter the world the better part of two months early. My favorite picture is my hand in the incubator thing just above his body, which wasn't much bigger than my hand. 9 years later we've got a healthy happy normal boy. What a journey and what a blessing [even if he does occasionally make me want to pull my hair out:) ]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Nice Frank. Hope it's a great day for him and your family :D

Happy birthday to your kiddo, T4K. Hope you all have a fun day. What do 9 year olds do for birthdays these days?

Happy birthday to your kiddo, T4K. Hope you all have a fun day. What do 9 year olds do for birthdays these days?

Thanks!

Funny you should ask, as this is a pet peave of mine. I try to keep it small, have kids over to the house, etc. ... the kind of thing I got when I was a kid. Generally speaking, I lose. He's having a handful of kids join him at a place called Safari Sam's (think sophisticated ChuckECheese for older kids and with a jungle theme) this Sunday afternoon.

Madelyn has been saying "dad" over and over for the last 3 days and it hasn't gotten old. Probably never will.

Thanks!

Funny you should ask, as this is a pet peave of mine. I try to keep it small, have kids over to the house, etc. ... the kind of thing I got when I was a kid. Generally speaking, I lose. He's having a handful of kids join him at a place called Safari Sam's (think sophisticated ChuckECheese for older kids and with a jungle theme) this Sunday afternoon.

Tell me they at least serve beer or something to help take the edge off.

Madelyn has been saying "dad" over and over for the last 3 days and it hasn't gotten old. Probably never will.

Quite possibly the best thing in the world to hear! Happy for you, man.

Well, 4 weeks ago tomorrow I became a dad!!! Our son was born Sept 14, 2013 at 4:26pm! It's been both amazing and crazy so far but by far the coolest thing ever!!!!!

Well, 4 weeks ago tomorrow I became a dad!!! Our son was born Sept 14, 2013 at 4:26pm! It's been both amazing and crazy so far but by far the coolest thing ever!!!!!

Congratulations Bags!! Nothing like it.

It only gets better

My son just got me a beer all by himself for the first time today. Such a proud day!

Back