Goals for the 2014 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goal is to play again. I have not played a single round or hit a ball in 2013.

I would like to be over 50% for GIR's and reduce my average putts by 10% (3 per round).

Great thread. I had bad connectivity this week, so sometimes was limited to my phone where browsing was cut short. After this week, I was pondering this very topic on the plane home today.

1. Find a short game practice set up. I don't have this. I NEED THIS.

2. Cut my cap by 25% or more. It's nine and change right now and might fall a little this week.

3. Meet and play with as many of my THP friends as possible.

4. Make MANY invitationals schedule pending.

5. Like most, Morgan Cup and/or the King are not goals as much as dreams. Remember boys and girls, dreams DO come true.

6. Think more like a better player. In other words believe in myself.

JM

I need to get more balls within 3-4ft of the hole when chipping in and around the greens, especially when I have fairly decent lies and plenty of green to work with.

I very rarely one putt as it's not the strongest part of my game, although it has got better over the last year or so.

In the next year, I will get my index to 18, and play a round with no 3-putts.

Really hoping to keep my handi near where it is. Going to be tough but I think I have a shot at it.

Get down to a 5 handicap.

Mine will be somewhat similar to this yrs goals that I did not reach.

1. Tame the driver and 3wd make them weapons of course destruction.

2. Drop my handicap to less than 15

3. Take more lessons

4. Hit the range more and play more golf

5. Make more THP events

After my last lesson and what I saw on the course I believe I have a good start on #1

In no particular order:

1. Play golf
2. Play 5+ rounds to par.
3. Play 1+ rounds under par.
4. HCP from 7.5 to less than 5.
5. Play 75+ rounds total.
6. Get in to the MC'14.
7. Learn how to hit a 3-wood.
8. Most importantly, have fun.

Would like to do a few things, first is to improve my in between clubs shots as that seemed to be my biggest problem this year, having a hard time taking enough off a club and always draw it to much trying to give it some extra power, second would be to hit more fairways, driver has been a little erratic in 2013, long but erratic, and third would be to get my first ace, hit the pin 3 times this year on par 3's and lipped out once on the backspin of another, i can feel one coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Break 70, have a full bag of clubs that i'm happy with.

Break 70, have a full bag of clubs that i'm happy with.

I finally have a full bag of clubs im happy with right now for the first time ever, 21 years is all it took lol

Get down to a 15 or below handicap.

Well, some are golf skill/practice oriented, some are only golf related.

1. Threepeat the City Championship.
2. Get a golf cart.
3. Potentially get new and more forgiving irons.
4. Have even more fun than this year.
5. Make it to 2 THP events (I'd say 3, but that's pushing my luck with the wife).
6. Break 85 on a 'normal' course (my course isn't normal).

That's all I can think of for now. I always have lots of goals, but my goal of having 'fun' this year lead to much better play in my golf game, so that is really the only must-have goal I have.

~Rock

My main goal is to shoot in the 70s consistently. That goal broken up into smaller goals like hitting 50% or more of my GIR, 65% of my fairways and get my putts under 1.6 per hole. Achieving the smaller goals will most definitely lead to the big goal being accomplished

My goal for 2014 is to get into the low 80s consistently. Didn't get as far as I wanted this year, at least not yet, so I'll have to work extra hard to make it happen. It will be worth it though!

This is a nice thread!

I did reach my goal of breaking 90 for 2013 with 4of my last 7rounds under 90.

For 2014, I want tho play most of my rounds under
90 . Breaking 80 would be a huge Bonus

Sent from my C6616 using Tapatalk now Free

Average scores in the 80s. Currently I'm a lows 90s shooter with a few 80s in the mix

Hit more fairways, hit more greens and play more golf.

1. Break 90
2. Go from a 25 handicap to a 15-18 handicap range

Practice a lot more
Lower my handicap to a 10-15
Complete a lesson program through the off season

I would like to get to a single digit handicap, and shoot in the 70s and low 80s consistently. Play more, and make a minimum of one THP event.

My goals for '14

#1 lessons, lessons, and lessons
With emphasis on iron striking, chipping
#2 more range time! Currently I somewhat hate the range. But feel there's no better way to improve than to hit buckets!
#3 get an official handicap, and to get that handicap down to a point that I qualify for the BIG THP events
#4 attend as many THP gatherings, and events as I can

In some ways, quite similar to this year.....

1. Play more (same as this year, which was partially achieved but I still didn't manage to play as much as I would have liked)
2. Lower my handicap to 15 at the very least, but hopefully be closer to 12 where I used to be when I was younger (official or unofficial via mobile app/website tracking)
3. Make it to as many of the UK events as possible - official THP events over the pond are highly unlikely unless I win the lottery
4. Add a driver to the bag - still searching.....

To add an update to my original post

Due to losing my phone and therefore all of the round data I had collected via the EasyScorecard app, it has now messed up my handicap tracking so next year I intend to start recording my rounds better and backing up the data.....

I desperately want to get to a 10 handicap. I wanted to this year but a back issue prevented it. I'd start getting stiff and then start making stupid mistakes and I ended up going from a 16 something early in the year all the way back to a 21 and now down to a 15. Next year I'm not going to over do it and make that 10 happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back