Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

6/12 on fairways this morning, happy with that. Of the 6 misses, 1 was a top and the other was a slice into the woods. The other 4 misses were very playable. Happy with the purchase. Now only if I could hit an approach shot.....lol

Forgot to add...maybe I was wrong on this club being shorter. Longest drive 309yds. Lil wind at the back helped lol

Lol I did the same thing last weekend and what a mistake that was. After gaming an Amp Cell with a shaft that you like every thing else just seems unforgiving.

Exactly. No point. Haha keep the amp cell in the bag

Hmm so my brother is borrowing thr kk shaft for his amp cell.

I crushed ddecs kk in myrtle. I think I may have to borrow this driver now.

Hmm so my brother is borrowing thr kk shaft for his amp cell.

I crushed ddecs kk in myrtle. I think I may have to borrow this driver now.

It would be a good decision haha

The adapter for mine arrived on Saturday, so I'll drop it off tomorrow to have the new 'ahina put in it. In theory, it should be an awesome combo set at 11.5*, but we will see.

Since the stock regular flex is becoming a sword for my youngest son, can the adapter be removed from it with a heat gun for future use without destroying it?

found a KK shaft on ebay, stiff tipped with pro my fly adapter. for those that have played it how does it compare to the stock fuel stiff in the non pro version???????

found a KK shaft on ebay, stiff tipped with pro my fly adapter. for those that have played it how does it compare to the stock fuel stiff in the non pro version???????

The KK definitely felt more stable to me, but I wasn't able to get any real data with it so I was going completely off of feel.

Just bought my new ORANGE Amp Cell off EBAY, $126.99 to the door. looking to install a Diamana Kai'li 70x in it and give it a try. How do you think the combo will fly?

Thanks.

Just bought my new ORANGE Amp Cell off EBAY, $126.99 to the door. looking to install a Diamana Kai'li 70x in it and give it a try. How do you think the combo will fly?

Thanks.

I tried the Kai'li before I bought the 'Ahina and I really liked that shaft, I just wanted something that launched lower.

The KK definitely felt more stable to me, but I wasn't able to get any real data with it so I was going completely off of feel.

feel at the range and not a monitor to look at numbers i assume? when i hit the stiff on the monitor the numbers looked great. at the course its a different story. it feels a bit whippy and i could not it hit well at all. that happens to me sometimes because i suck at golf and my swing comes and goes but it just felt way off. hopefully the KK plays a bit stiffer than the fuel.

feel at the range and not a monitor to look at numbers i assume? when i hit the stiff on the monitor the numbers looked great. at the course its a different story. it feels a bit whippy and i could not it hit well at all. that happens to me sometimes because i suck at golf and my swing comes and goes but it just felt way off. hopefully the KK plays a bit stiffer than the fuel.

Yeah, feel on the range. I didn't get to hit them side by side on the monitor, but the KK is definitely stiffer than the stock fuel.

The adapter for mine arrived on Saturday, so I'll drop it off tomorrow to have the new 'ahina put in it. In theory, it should be an awesome combo set at 11.5*, but we will see.

Since the stock regular flex is becoming a sword for my youngest son, can the adapter be removed from it with a heat gun for future use without destroying it?

It can, keep the gun further away than normal and just go slow. It took me about 5 minutes and that was being super careful. I would heat for 10-15 seconds and stop for the same amount of time and repeat until the adapter broke loose. I applied just a hair of pressure using my puller so when I saw it move I stopped.

did it seem to produce a similar launch angle?

From what I remember, the KK seemed to launch a little bit lower for me, but that's been months ago so don't take that as a fact. I remember wishing I would have gotten the KK from the beginning and searching for them on Ebay.

If it plays anything like the fair woods I will have to add it in the bag. Plus I like you can adjust te loft. My driver has too high of a loft. I hit it pretty high normally

If it plays anything like the fair woods I will have to add it in the bag. Plus I like you can adjust te loft. My driver has too high of a loft. I hit it pretty high normally

Well, in the search for the holy grail of drivers, I'm trying to go with a low launch/low spin shaft and jack the loft up on it. This will be my first attempt and hopefully I will generate enough spin to keep the ball in the air. If not, there will be a 'ahina with Amp Cell tip and Niion grip for sale soon.

From what I remember, the KK seemed to launch a little bit lower for me, but that's been months ago so don't take that as a fact. I remember wishing I would have gotten the KK from the beginning and searching for them on Ebay.

cool. thats what i want. a stiffer feel and a lower launch. picked it up on ebay for $50. hopefully it works out.

cool. thats what i want. a stiffer feel and a lower launch. picked it up on ebay for $50. hopefully it works out.

If you don't end up liking it, I'm sure you can recoup your money on here quickly. A lot of people like the KK on here it seems.

If you don't end up liking it, I'm sure you can recoup your money on here quickly. A lot of people like the KK on here it seems.

thats what i figured. im sure i can sell it for what i bought it for. hopefully i wont have to do that. i'd like it to work out for me so i don't have to keep hunting for whatever shaft is next.

picked up a project x 6.0 blue shaft for $50 on ebay last night. can't wait till my new shafts get here and i can go experiment.

Skim alert. Please forgive me because I'm sure this has been talked about in this thread before but am at work so don't have time to read through. Has anyone else found the stock stiff shaft to whippy. I feel like I'm not hitting my full distance potential on flush shots. Ss is ~110 and ball speed is 138. Good flush drive is around 260. I've never really looked into shafts much so this might not be the problem at all but figured I'd ask if the whippy stock shaft feel is a common thing

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

One word: YES

tappin from my big as note2

Skim alert. Please forgive me because I'm sure this has been talked about in this thread before but am at work so don't have time to read through. Has anyone else found the stock stiff shaft to whippy. I feel like I'm not hitting my full distance potential on flush shots. Ss is ~110 and ball speed is 138. Good flush drive is around 260. I've never really looked into shafts much so this might not be the problem at all but figured I'd ask if the whippy stock shaft feel is a common thing

that seems to be the consensus. that thin is whippy for sure.

I'm sure it was a huge skim but like I said I'm at work and am THPing while trying to not let my boss see

Back