Farmergolf

Drink Milk
Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
Anyone use this club? I see on the " Other" site this gets rave reviews just wanted to know. JB, I assume they don`t send you anything to test as I have not seen them in your test? Thanks

Adams has made it very clear that they do not want their clubs reviewed by us. THey ask for certain things in a review that THP is just not willing to do.

What are they asking for, exactly?

I'm curious, since I've liked some of their clubs, what they are asking for that other manufacturers don't.

I wont get into all the details, but every club company we have worked with likes the fact that we get equipment, test it ourselves, then test it with the public, and ALWAYS write an honest review.

This company preferred to have the reviews done "their way" and we just decided that it was not worth it in the end. I like Adams and hope to work with them someday in the future.

Edit - We can now thankfully say that the person that was in charge of these decisions has left and the new people that we are dealing with are ethical, honest, and great.

Last edited:
JB, did you all ever do a review on the A4 9015D?

JB, did you all ever do a review on the A4 9015D?

Adams 9015d/ A4 - The Hackers Paradise

It's a heck of a head though...I still haven't gotten the right shaft in it (to date tried a fubuki 73x and an axivcore red 79 s)...I have a vs proto 70x, purple ice tx 65 and a pershing 75s and a blueboard 63s...something's gotta work...

Glad to see that there's now a chance Adams may be reviewed in the future.

Glad to see that there's now a chance Adams may be reviewed in the future.

We already have started smalls. Hybrids, wedges, and drivers. Both of their new drivers are in the shoot out too.

I agree with smalls on this one and i can only imagine that more and more companies will be getting involved with THP in 2010. I'm sure THP's presence at the PGA show will solidify it's position as the online presence for honest, unbiased reviews on all things golf.

I'm excited to be a part of this community in the coming year. Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome.

We already have started smalls. Hybrids, wedges, and drivers. Both of their new drivers are in the shoot out too.

I forgot about the putter review. And of course, Day 1 in the Holiday contest was the hybrid set. Hopefully you can review their chipper too, although it's not as versatile as the Niblick, it performs as designed.

Ahhh the Puglielli's. How could I possibly have forgotten them!? :banghead:

(I use them every round!)

What seems to be the problem?

Feel, trajectory, losing it left, spin and combinations of all of the above...the tour ad throttle (updated pm702) and tour ad quattrotech md shafts I have in the two drivers I mainly game are great...solid and predictable...these two (fubu and axivcore) just don't have the feel I'm looking for and my control suffers for it...the fubu was close but turned over too easy and hit too high...one out of 4 would catch the trajectory that I needed for good distance but I'd get floaters the rest of the time...the axivcore has the counterbalance thing going on which makes it feel lighter than the 79 gr it lists at, I turn it over way too easy, and it just feels a little dead; don't get the pop that the GD shafts give me...I think I'll go Pershing with the next install; had good results with that in the burner 07 head...

Wow, all that with all those high dollar shafts? Maybe you should try something in a lower tax bracket or Maybe you should just get rid of it.
s4.gif

What loft is it and don't that thing sit open? All I've seen and had in hand sat open at address which is a good thing in My book so it seems weird that your miss would be a hook with all the different shafts you've tried in it.

Wow, all that with all those high dollar shafts? Maybe you should try something in a lower tax bracket or Maybe you should just get rid of it.
s4.gif

What loft is it and don't that thing sit open? All I've seen and had in hand sat open at address which is a good thing in My book so it seems weird that your miss would be a hook with all the different shafts you've tried in it.

You would think...:banghead: Fubu is soft to flex and the axivcore isn't that great...at least for me...aldila nv fits me better than this thing but I did get it for near nothing off eBay so I'm not crying...

You would think...:banghead: Fubu is soft to flex and the axivcore isn't that great...at least for me...aldila nv fits me better than this thing but I did get it for near nothing off eBay so I'm not crying...

Maybe you should just get rid of it.
s4.gif

Let's try this again. :D

I use the tech A4 driver. In Fall of 2008, I really needed to update my driver, at the time I was using a G5 7.5* with a UST Proforce V shaft. I tested out literally every driver out at the time. I would first hit them in the simulator to get ball spin and launch angle readings. Then after I had narrowed it down to which ones performed best there, I would alternate tanking them out on the course and playing several rounds with them. I had come to the conclusion that I was going to get an FT-5 and eventually put a whiteboard in it. One of the guys at the PGA superstore told me to try out the Adams in the simulator and it felt great, and had the numbers I was looking for in the sim. I took it on the course and loved it. At the time, I still wanted to wait for Titleist to release their new drivers, so I waited another month for them to come out, continuing to test other drivers out in the meantime. After hitting all 3 Titleist models in the simulator, I just did not personally like the feel of any of them, and I decided to go with the A4. To me personally, it is the best driver I have hit to date. I have tried newer drivers on the course, and the only one that can compare is the Mizuno MP-600 (even though its not newer), but I was nowhere near as consistent with it.

There are several reasons I chose the A4.
One: Distance. The driver is HOT. From the people I spoke with about it, it was always considered at the time to be the hottest head out. Most of them still believe it is, others will say another head may be hotter, but it is generally not one of the top manufacturers.

Two: Control. My biggest problem with drivers has been misses. Im not referring to toe/heel type misses, but more of spin misses. If I hit a cut or a hook, they were off the course. With this driver, what would typically end up as a tee shot 40yds right of the fairway, would end up maybe 10 yards tops in the rough. This was a huge selling point for me. The only other driver that gave me that type of miss was the FT-5.

Third: Feel. The driver felt great. Other clubs I had hit felt either very dull or very clanky. This driver offered me the best feel on center hits, and responsive feedback on off-center hits as well.

Back