Shaft Recommendation B.Asha or JDL

rdavis007

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a local golf shop closing.I can pick up a new Cleveland XL with B.Asha 4s for $49 or the XL Custom with the JDL for $63. I eventually want to pair the shaft with my new Amp Cell. Has anyone tried either shafts with the CAC? Which should I buy?

Thanks In Advance

At those prices, both.

Not that the b asha in the classic XL was bad. But I think it was a made for and not the same as the aftermarket b asha. I could be wrong.

I am one of the few people who has not yet fallen in love with any Miyazaki offerings.

Id go JDL personally. At that price Id buy it in every flex they have too.

Not that the b asha in the classic XL was bad. But I think it was a made for and not the same as the aftermarket b asha. I could be wrong.

I am one of the few people who has not yet fallen in love with any Miyazaki offerings.

I don't specifically know about this combo but the other Miya's in Cleveland clubs have not been made-fors.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
I don't specifically this combo but the other Miya's in Cleveland clubs
have not been made-fors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am really darn sure that the b'asha in the Classic XL is a made-for.

Thanks for the info. The store is going out of business last week and getting rid of their demo clubs. I was under the impression that Cleveland only used the real shafts in those two drivers.

I am really darn sure that the b'asha in the Classic XL is a made-for.

It really depends who you ask, well informed people have given me different answers. I also believe the black B. Asha is not the real deal but thats not to say it isnt a great shaft.

What other deals do they have? Pm me please.

What other deals do they have? Pm me please.
sorry they really don't have much left, their last day in business is Friday 10/25. They did have the Cleveland's, I was just not sure if the installed B.Asha was authentic but from what I have read most believe they are.

I've always been led to believe that the Miyazaki shafts installed in Cleveland woods were genuine items and not "made for" items.

I have a local golf shop closing.I can pick up a new Cleveland XL with B.Asha 4s for $49 or the XL Custom with the JDL for $63. I eventually want to pair the shaft with my new Amp Cell. Has anyone tried either shafts with the CAC? Which should I buy?

Thanks In Advance

I'd love to hear more about your swing and what characteristics you're looking for in a shaft... What's great about miyazaki, is their International Flex Code. A four number code that shows levels of flex (1 being soft, 10 being ultra stiff).

JDL 6s is 5543 - defined as a mid launch and torque of 4.1 - 62 grams
B.Asha 4s is 6732 - defined as mid high launch and a torque of 5.7 - 52 grams

For as much as the B.Asha claims to be softer, the more stable top section is really really good on it. I tend to lean towards the B.Asha line (preferring the 5x for driver and 7x for fairway woods), but that's because it's a bit stiffer in the 3/4 section which is great for my attack on the ball.

I've always been led to believe that the Miyazaki shafts installed in Cleveland woods were genuine items and not "made for" items.

This is correct.

This is correct.

I'm pretty darn certain that the b'asha in the CCXL is a made-for. I think i remember a Morgan Cup Cleveland Staffer telling me that. I could be wrong though. I'm not saying its a bad shaft. Just not the same b'asha that I buy from golfqorks for $200 b

I'm pretty darn certain that the b'asha in the CCXL is a made-for. I think i remember a Morgan Cup Cleveland Staffer telling me that. I could be wrong though. I'm not saying its a bad shaft. Just not the same b'asha that I buy from golfqorks for $200 b

Any time I asked that question, I was told it was not a modified B.Asha at all. Just the graphics.

Any time I asked that question, I was told it was not a modified B.Asha at all. Just the graphics.

Well then. Maybe I'm wrong. Happens

When I asked "Miyazaki Support" about it they told me that it was not the same shaft. How much their tech support guy knows about Cleveland products I have no idea but I figure it's a credible source.

When I asked "Miyazaki Support" about it they told me that it was not the same shaft. How much their tech support guy knows about Cleveland products I have no idea but I figure it's a credible source.

With the flex codes ON the shaft, I'm not really sure how much they could actually modify without changing that.

With the flex codes ON the shaft, I'm not really sure how much they could actually modify without changing that.
Yeah that's what I always wondered. I really can't see whatever differences there are being anything to be concerned about. I've never had a chance to swing the beige B. Asha so I can't really compare.

Yeah that's what I always wondered. I really can't see whatever differences there are being anything to be concerned about. I've never had a chance to swing the beige B. Asha so I can't really compare.

Well, modified shafts to improve head/shaft combos are a positive thing, as far as I'm concerned. "watered down" is a strange definition to me.

...but if the Miyazaki IFC on the shaft matches the "real" B.Asha, I'd be confident in thinking it's the same design. It just depends if the OP wants to game a slightly higher launching, 10g lighter shaft.

If you go to cleveland's site, you can build a driver, and if you choose the black B.Asha, it's a very small upcharge, but if you choose the standard B.Asha, it's a $100+ upcharge. I know with a lot of the "made for" shafts, it isn't necessarily that they are worse, but that the QC and manufacturing standards aren't as tight. So basically, a "real" B.Asha will meet the stated specs much closer and more consistently than the "made for" versions. That isn't to say Cleveland follows this method, but it's the only thing that makes sense.

I went for the XL Classic with the B.Asha 4S, paid $49 +tax. If nothing else I have the shaft to try in my new Cobra Amp Cell. Life is good, Woo Hoo!

Thread revival... I'm beginning to think it is a different shaft.
Looking at a classic XL the B asha 4s shows .350 tip but in their catalog it shows the B asha 4S is a .335 tip?

Thread revival... I'm beginning to think it is a different shaft.
Looking at a classic XL the B asha 4s shows .350 tip but in their catalog it shows the B asha 4S is a .335 tip?

The cream colored B Asha is a .335 tip, I have one in my garage right now.

Back