Choosing a Golf Glove

Fit > Material >> Price

I have no problem spending $20-$30 on a quality glove as long as it fits well. Material has really started to become a priority as well. Currently using a Mizuno glove, despite no Mizuno clubs. Have used Callaway, Nike, Bionic, and taylormade gloves in the past as well.

Pretty much the same here... I figure if 5.00 is too much to spend on the right glove, I probably shouldn't be playing an expensive sport like golf anyway!

For me it's quality material and price. I usually try to buy in quantity to lower the price.

Fit and price are my first considerations. I don't go through gloves terribly quickly. Grip is obviously a huge issue. If I feel like the grip isn't what I want it to be I generally won't but that model any more. I'm also pretty loyal once I find something I like. I still buy the original Dura Feels whenever I can find them.

I usually buy the FJ 2-Packs. I like the classic look, but durability is definitely important as well. I'm pretty loyal to FJ, but I miss the Spider model. It was an awesome and durable glove. Can't seem to find them in stores anymore.

I focus on price first and foremost...then materials...then look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Feel/performance.
Funny, I stopped wearing a glove quite a while ago and yet bought some Hirzl gloves at the PGA Orlando Show a few years back. The owners,execs were great guys and it was the most amazing "wet" glove I've ever tried.

Fit and feel then material then price. The brand doesn't matter too much to me though it seems Footjoy usually ends up in my bag.

For me it is fit and price. I try them on first and then look at the price, which ever one fits the best and is a good price I will buy. Im not a brand guy, but I have had a few W/S gloves just cause they fit real nice and are normally on special.

How do you choose your golf glove?
By look?
By brand (you like to match or are brand loyal)?
By price?
By materials?

What makes you choose one glove over the other?

By brand for me.

Whatever is cheaper, tried lost of gloves and there all the same to me. So whatever wallmart has on sell ill buy.

It used to be durability but now that I've found the gloves that last longer seem to be a "firmer" I guess you could say, I stick to Titleist gloves. I think the one I reach for now is the Perma Soft. To me it's the perfect fit and I love how soft it is.

Yesterday I actually went too buy another glove at wal mart and I actually picked up a Bridgestone just because I liked the way the fit on my hand but I did get them too match the ball I have been hittin (tour-330rx) ...

My glove has to be leather, thin, fit properly.

If it doesn't feel right I don't care about anything else BUT durability and price can be factors.

I buy Master Grip Elite grips in Cadet Medium. They are soft, thin fit me well and I get 2 for $15.

They last reasonably well and at that price I can replace them without mch thought.

Price followed closely by durability for me

I choose by fit first than price. I try to keep it within budget if I can. I play a lot, even in the colder months.

Price matters, but it's not the sole factor. Just because it's $8.99 doesn't mean I'll buy it. I've played FJ StaSoft for years, but I bought a pair of Mizuno gloves. I'm sticking with the FJs out of habit. It's just a few bucks and they last quite a few rounds if you keep them out of the heat.

Price and quality. I got a killer deal on some mizuno gloves and so far they rock

Right now I just buy a FJ StaSof whenever I need a glove. It is the most expensive one I believe but it's the only one that really fits me perfectly, is very comfortable, and lasts a long time.
I am not FJ loyal in any way but I used to just grab what was on sale and was never fully satisfied. I received a free StaSof when I purchased my Scameron and have never gone back to anything else since because I loved it.

Mostly grip, with comfort. Comfort for me doesnt mean the finest leather, it just requires an excellent fit with flex points positioned correctly over my knuckles.

Price, brand and all that dont matter.

~Rock

It's all about value for me. I have played numerous brands and don't feel the glove makes a significant difference on quality of play. Anyone out there disagree and think the club has an effect on how you play?

Leather, feel, price - in that order. Some leather gloves are too thick. I've begun using some leather gloves that have a built up pad in the palm. I never used to like them, but they feel pretty good now.

I always buy the Bionic Performance gloves for regular play. They are made well, very comfortable with great flexibility in the joints and knuckles, and they last me forever. Best glove I've ever owned. They are expensive, but worth the cost, IMO. For the range, I buy the cheap gloves at the golf shops that you can get for 3 for $12 or so. I save the Bionic for actual play.

Choosing a Golf Glove

Comfort is first, but within comfort is fit and amount of ventilation. Price is next.

Feel first. I will only buy the 'premium' glove from a manufacturer. There is a better feel to the club and for me, they last longer. Fit is a close second. I wear the regular large, but sometimes different types have a different fit and sometimes no matter which size you try, they just don't have one that fits properly. I play so little that they last a long time so price isn't that big of an issue.

Very few of the golf gloves out there are tacky enough for me when using a glove. Since I also have been known to wear two gloves, I find that the Mizuno Vintage Pro 2 has the best feel and durability for me. They are hard to find, but the Pro4 is not to bad either. Can get two gloves for the price of one average priced golf glove and they last a lot longer for me. I may be harder on them, or just my most gloriously over the top swing.

When I do go for a golf glove, I always go Bionic Stable grip.

Very high on the price side, but well made, stays pliable even if kept in the bag for a while, and helps reduce my grip.

Back