Beware the Apple Pie!

El Bandito

Reaction score
Handicap
13 ish
At the weekend, I played in a fun competition at my home club. A kind of team event for the 'home' nations; England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. My play was not great, but the rain stayed away and it was fun. The club had laid on a buffet lunch for all competitors after the round. We ate as a four ball. Ray, our Englishman, had been suffering with a cold all round and was taking bets on how many times he would sneeze before the prizes were all given out.

to cut a long story short, Ray combined a sneeze with a mouthful of apple pie...and started choking. He stumbled away from the table, and I just managed to get to him as his legs gave way. The golfing gods were with us, and with a couple of heaves, Heimlich style, the apple pie came shooting out....

so...Beware the apple pie!

Wow! I'm glad to hear he's OK. That's first rate crisis handling on your part!

Once the drama was over...there was a quiet tension in the room...then one of the older members called out...

"I say, not sure you should be rogering that chap in the bar old boy...."

not entirely appropriate, but certainly broke the mood:beauty:

Great job, well done.

Glad you were there to save him EB. I once had to have the Heimlich performed on me, it is a life saver for certain.

Once the drama was over...there was a quiet tension in the room...then one of the older members called out...

"I say, not sure you should be rogering that chap in the bar old boy...."

not entirely appropriate, but certainly broke the mood:beauty:

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAA thats hilarious. Great news that everything turned out ok.

*slowly puts down the apple strudel that was in my hand while reading...

​Glad he's ok.

Great save buddy!

Nice one Stu

I will be very careful with applie pie in the future..... :D

Nice one Stu

I will be very careful with applie pie in the future..... :D

I think it is the sneeze/swallow combo that caused the issue in defence of the pie!

It was very nice actually!

As for the Heimlich, undoubtedly the best shot of the day. Afterwards he needed water, I needed a brandy:)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I think it is the sneeze/swallow combo that caused the issue in defence of the pie!

It was very nice actually!

As for the Heimlich, undoubtedly the best shot of the day. Afterwards he needed water, I needed a brandy:)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I do like apple pie, but I prefer crumble myself

You didn't manage to chip a ball into his water by any chance did you.....?

Back