Most embarrasing shot you can play?

SaffaClint

Reaction score
Handicap
+2.3
There are a lot of shots you can play that'll embarrass you but I want to know which shot you think is the most embarrassing. For me it's a fresh air shot, whiff, or whatever it's called elsewhere. You take a swing at the ball and TOTALLY MISS IT :dohanim:

Did that on first tee in a competition about 20 years ago, very embarrassing.
Can't remember one lately but my most embarrassing currently is the duffed chip from 20-30 yds out.

I've looked at the line, had some nice smooth practice swings, get up to the ball, all is looking good and then either catch the ground or decelerate on the downswing and the ball pops 5yds, doesn't even get to the green and have to go through the whole thing again!
You can't even try to look nonchalant after that and usually follow it up with a thin right through!!

HAHA yea I know the feeling.

Shank for sure

Have my fair share of those for sure but I don't find them as embarrassing for some reason. You get the pity looks from playing partners because they know there's not a lot they can say to pick you up from that.

I don't find the occasional shank so embarrassing, or even a wiff on a tough shot. The first THP event here in Ohio I attended I was in group 2 of like 25 guys. Teeing off on the #1 par 5 over a small lake...yep, 2 bounces a skip and splash and a giant round of applause. That's embarrassing.

Most embarrassing? The whiff, for sure. Not missing a ball buried in rough, I mean missing a teed ball.
Most embarrassing that I actually do? The fatted near shank 3w from 225 after waiting for the green to clear. That travels maybe 75y.

Announcing you are going to flop it close to the pin and yup.............blade it 40 yds over!

Definitely sending a skulled wedge screaming past the green. Laying the sod over the ball is pretty embarrassing too.

The dreaded shank! I almost hit the beer cart girl......most embarrassing.

Topped tee shot for me.

For me it's got to be a cold shank with a wedge. I just want to jump in a bunker and bury myself after one of those.

For me it's the "Double Click" wedge shot around the green. I actually did this my last time out, the ball hung up in the rough and I hit it twice on the way up. For some reason I do this a couple times a year and it's embarrasing.

Topping a shot off the 1st tee in a tourney, been there, done that. :angry: :banghead:

Most embarrasing shot you can play?

Topped tee shot for me.

Me too, and I'm pretty good at it!

I think it's the worst because the ball is on a tee, you're standing on level ground and it should be one of the easiest times to make clean contact.

Me too, and I'm pretty good at it!

I think it's the worst because the ball is on a tee, you're standing on level ground and it should be one of the easiest times to make clean contact.
Plus...it's the first shot of any round. Not getting the ball in the air right out of the shoot is a precursor to a bad round. And a roar of groans from the two foursomes behind you waiting to tee off.

That said...I hit my first tee shot in 20 minutes, and after my last two posts, I fully expect to top it.

Topped tee shot for me.

This is it for me too. I have a buddy that loves to offer suntan lotion the the guy that doesn't get past the ladies tee.

Topping the hell out of your drive on the first tee at the morgan cup?

My first time ever playing with THPers I snap hooked my drive straight into the crap on the first tee. That sucked lol.

I've done it all . Top. flop, chop, dice, mop, miss, slap, fall, you name it and I don't get embarrassed about any of it anymore and I don't care. This just comes with age. I just laugh at myself proudly.

Getting too much ball in the trap and launching it like 50 yards. Or not putting over a Ridge and it rolling back to the fairway.

Good old fashioned shank. The worst and most embarrassing shot for me.

For me it would have to be the complete miss/whiff... I did it the last time I played when I paired up with a guy on the last 3 holes due to the foursome playing slower in front of us. Pretty embarrassing to say the least.

Hitting the 90 degree wedge shots. Everything is lined up perfectly, putting yourself in great position, get the wedge, line up, take your shot, ball travels 90 degrees to your right.

Definitely the duffed 20-40 yard chip shots.

Back