Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Suggestion with the black tie- I have found the more you go after the ball the better it performs. For some, this forces them to change their tempo and or swing speed. For me, as long as I remember to stay aggressive, it has been hands down THE most accurate and one of the longest combos I have EVER gamed.
We talked quite a bit about that during the practice round at the MC, it's amazing how much better your swing performs for you when you stay aggressive, it was awesome to watch in person!

Ive had my CAC for a few months and love it. A few of my friends ended up picking one up after they hit mine.
Most of the time my ball ends up in the fairway. My only complaint is when I hit the ball, with what I think is an ideal ball flight, it doesn't roll out - just drops and sticks. I dont get any roll at all. Are others seeing the same?
Ive been thinking about reshafting the driver based on the comments in this thread. Think that will help giving some roll?

The aftermarket fun continues. Even after using epoxy, the threaded portion of the adapter refused to stay in place. So now it's time to buy a heat gun and get this thing off the Aldila.

I suppose that now I should point out that Rich from golfdesignworks.com has been an absolute champ in terms of addressing the headaches that have come about, between being sent the wrong part, then a defective one. They're now insisting I keep the .335 sleeve I still have, and only to return the broken .350 adapter so they can figure out what went wrong. In the meantime, they're sending me a new .350 adapter, and crediting my account for the full cost of the original adapter. While I'm a little bummed that I didn't get this thing rocking this week, it's been a good experience, and I'll get the Amp Cell online by next weekend, in'shAllah.

And even stock, it's still a great driver, IMO.

Interesting that your sig says testing a SLDR 12* thanks to THP and you're tweaking to presumably gaming your CAC. The SLDR is suppose to be my next driver since I got insane numbers with a Ahina combo during a TM demo day, but just can't afford it yet.

Interesting that your sig says testing a SLDR 12* thanks to THP and you're tweaking to presumably gaming your CAC. The SLDR is suppose to be my next driver since I got insane numbers with a Ahina combo during a TM demo day, but just can't afford it yet.

As it stands right now, I hit the SLDR off the tee every time I play, no ifs, ands, or buts, in the interest of testing. But I bag both drivers (I take out my 3W, currently, a club I don't hit off the tee very often and I don't hit nearly as well as my 5W off the deck), and will occasionally hit the Amp Cell with a provisional or I'll play holes with two tee shots just because I still like the AC, and it's really interesting since they have the same shaft on them, to compare.

Drats, you got the CAC and not the ACP - I would have luved to see how forgiving either the SLDR compared to the Cobra head. I know for a fact the SLDR is a low spin monster especially with an Ahina shaft for me.

As it stands right now, I hit the SLDR off the tee every time I play, no ifs, ands, or buts, in the interest of testing. But I bag both drivers (I take out my 3W, currently, a club I don't hit off the tee very often and I don't hit nearly as well as my 5W off the deck), and will occasionally hit the Amp Cell with a provisional or I'll play holes with two tee shots just because I still like the AC, and it's really interesting since they have the same shaft on them, to compare.

Really great to hear this. You fulfilling your job as a tester and still getting to hit the driver that you are comfortable hitting. To me this is the way testing should be done. You game and record your results and compare them to a trusted club in your bag for base line.

After another terrific round with this driver, I am convinced it is the best piece of equipment I have added to my bag in quite some time. It has helped me reach several goals this year and I don't think I quite have it dialed in yet. Set at 9.5 with the Red Tie, I am seeing a very straight ball with 250-260 carry but almost no roll out. I need to see what a lower launching shaft will do for my game but it is hard to mess with results that are better than anything I have seen prior.

After another terrific round with this driver, I am convinced it is the best piece of equipment I have added to my bag in quite some time. It has helped me reach several goals this year and I don't think I quite have it dialed in yet. Set at 9.5 with the Red Tie, I am seeing a very straight ball with 250-260 carry but almost no roll out. I need to see what a lower launching shaft will do for my game but it is hard to mess with results that are better than anything I have seen prior.

Awesome news dude. I love the confidence from you off the tee

After about 15 rounds, this is the straightest, best feeling, best looking and shortest distance driver I have ever owned. My thoughts are drifting toward the Cleveland 588 Altitude driver.

Picked up another Amp Cell today for a song with a 6m3 Black Tie in it. I'm curious to see how it works although I'm not expecting to like it too much.

I watched BullFrogg crush his all day last with a beautiful baby draw.

I hit 70% of fairways today, which is saying a lot for me. This driver with the UST 65 gold @ 11.5 is a danger to all aircraft in it's trajectory. The ball flight is really high, even played at 9.5......however it is penetrating. It is a mid-higher launch shaft though, and I expected this. I'm currently playing it at an 11.5* loft (mainly for side-spin forgiveness), and carrying only 10-20 yards shorter than my playing buddies who typically hit their 9.5's at around the 250-260 mark. They're perplexed as to how it carries so far with such a high flight. What can I say??

I will certainly be interested in how the Kusala Blue will compare though. I am very excited for this. It was delivered to the office today, so I'll have it on Monday...and then probably have it ready to hit on Tuesday after I get the adapter and grip installed Monday evening.

I will compose a write-up of the differences I'm seeing between the three shafts I will now have (listed below). For full disclosure, I am, in general, terrible with my driver. I usually have a slice, but it's not too bad in most cases. I can't really call it a fade though as the face is open to clubpath at impact. Also, I don't intend on keeping all three of these shafts. At some point soon, I'll have the stock and either the UST or Kusala up for sale (most likely the UST based on what I've been reading about with the Kusala). I'll let you guys know.

-stock fuel s-flex
-UST 65 gold s-flex (62g)
-Kusala blue 61 s-flex

Picked up another Amp Cell today for a song with a 6m3 Black Tie in it. I'm curious to see how it works although I'm not expecting to like it too much.

Black Tie?!?! Wow, you are much braver than I am. I'm sure the head will rock, but I don't know about that rebar...

Black Tie?!?! Wow, you are much braver than I am. I'm sure the head will rock, but I don't know about that rebar...
Just holding the club in hand and swinging it in the backyard it doesnt feel as stiff as I imagined it would be. I cant see myself liking the low/low characteristics but it will be fun to try.

Just holding the club in hand and swinging it in the backyard it doesnt feel as stiff as I imagined it would be. I cant see myself liking the low/low characteristics but it will be fun to try.

Hey man, only one way to find out! Definitely a fun experiment, especially when it's on the cheap

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I have a KK stiff available if anyone is interested. Just pm me. Not really looking to get rid of it but if a THPer can use it that's a different story.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Ive been struggling with mine. Trying different shafts, different lenghts and stuff. I was in palm springs playing this week at the westin mission hills and tues and wed i struggled a bit. Put my project x 6.0 blue in and set it at 10.5 and Thursday it just clicked. I hit all but 2 fairways and was playing a little baby fade to about 290 all day. I think i found my combo.

I have a KK stiff shaft with the pro adapter and a stock stiff fuel available if anyone is interested....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

At long, long last, I successfully mounted an Aldila NV65 onto the Amp Cell and got it to the range today before my round and subsequent meltdown off the tee. Wow, what a difference a different shaft makes on this club. Much lower launch, drilling flight path, no ballooning, just a straight line off the club face until the ball runs out of steam and comes back down with a pretty gradual descent angle. This is exactly the sort of "desert stinger" I'm aiming to have as the fairways dry out and the winds pick up. Not sure of distances yet until I start using it consistently on the course or I get it on a launch monitor, but the ball flight is exactly what I was hoping for.

At long, long last, I successfully mounted an Aldila NV65 onto the Amp Cell and got it to the range today before my round and subsequent meltdown off the tee. Wow, what a difference a different shaft makes on this club. Much lower launch, drilling flight path, no ballooning, just a straight line off the club face until the ball runs out of steam and comes back down with a pretty gradual descent angle. This is exactly the sort of "desert stinger" I'm aiming to have as the fairways dry out and the winds pick up. Not sure of distances yet until I start using it consistently on the course or I get it on a launch monitor, but the ball flight is exactly what I was hoping for.

Glad you finally got this figured out AND the positive results!

Awesome! Sounds like a winner for you! I'm hoping for similar results with my Kusala that will be getting installed this week...

I am planning on selling the stock fujikara fuel shaft, stiff flex. It was used once at the range, and once for a round. Stock grip and it has the adapter. I have no idea what I should sell this for....any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Awesome to hear the shaft is working out for you, it's great when you find a combo that clicks!!!

The Kusala Blue is installed and I picked it up last night. WOW, initial impression is the look....it is amazing!!! I'll post a pic later, but this shaft paired with the grey amp cell head with the bits of orange trim is a thing of pure beauty! Hopefully I can hit the range today after work.

I'm sure this has been said before but I'll say it anyway....the right head/shaft combination is a beautiful thing! I played for the first time with the amp cell/kusala white and I couldn't be happier. Very stable shaft but the soft tip helped my launch a couple nice high fades. I only missed 2 fairways on a course I have played all yr long; a jig improvement. I am excited for things to come, but sad my season is coming to an end in Ohio.

Back