The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Don't forget cavs

Baby steps

Cavs starters look a bit rusty on offense but are playing great defense and wearing Brooklyn down. The cavs bench is as solid as I've seen in a long long time

Caught up in the world series but listened to first quarter and sounded like bynum was doing well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow what a terrible offensive foul call

Wine n' Gold Winner!

Caught up in the world series but listened to first quarter and sounded like bynum was doing well

Bynum played well. 3 points 3 boards 2 blocks in about six minutes. Looked real strong against Brooke Lopez

You really think there are that many title contenders?

I do. Miami is the definite favorite, but I can also see CHI and IND out of the East (not too high on the Nets), and then the top 3 out of the west (SA, OKC, LAC), at least. I do think Houston can contend come season's end, but I have to see Harden/Howard together a bit more.

Well at least the Twolves can beat the Magic even if it takes overtime.

This could be the most terrifying thing in an NBA arena this season.

BX3edgzCYAIvV_G.jpg

QpPzW0v.gif

Last edited:
Love that Kerr just got shut up by the replay. He was adamant that the TO by Rose was tipped by the Knicks. Ripped into the refs for looking at the replay a half dozen times stating that it was clearly out on the Knicks. Then the call was overturned. I seem to like Kerr less and less as a commentator.

Also, Mike Woodson is a terrible coach. Just runs iso-Melo the last 3 minutes. Maybe it'll pay off... 5 seconds left. But that could also just be Melo being Melo.

Not part of the game, but did you see Kenny Smith's retort of Chris Weber's joke from last night?

Sent from my iPhone, slacking at work, using Tapatalk

Nope. I was at the Houston game last night and didn't watch the much of the studio stuff tonight. What did he say?

C Webb impersonated Smith's knock-kneed running style last night and tonight Kenny called a time out in the middle of his video segment. I purposely miss most half time shows, but thought both were pretty good.

Oh yeah, Carmelo needs a coach with far more structure and a disciplined style.

Sent from my iPhone, slacking at work, using Tapatalk

Deadline to extend 2010 draft class was last night. Only 6 guys' extensions were picked up (Cousins, Wall, Pondexter, George, Favors, Sanders). Good thing LA has a lot of cap room to go after these restricted guys now. Avery Bradley and Gordon Hayward will be the next Laker superstars!!!

Was a pretty weak class overall, but there will be some decent guys out there for RFA: Greg Monroe, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson

Deadline to extend 2010 draft class was last night. Only 6 guys' extensions were picked up (Cousins, Wall, Pondexter, George, Favors, Sanders). Good thing LA has a lot of cap room to go after these restricted guys now. Avery Bradley and Gordon Hayward will be the next Laker superstars!!!

Was a pretty weak class overall, but there will be some decent guys out there for RFA: Greg Monroe, Greivis Vasquez, Patrick Patterson

Just seeing those names validates the weak draft class

Love that Kerr just got shut up by the replay. He was adamant that the TO by Rose was tipped by the Knicks. Ripped into the refs for looking at the replay a half dozen times stating that it was clearly out on the Knicks. Then the call was overturned. I seem to like Kerr less and less as a commentator.

Also, Mike Woodson is a terrible coach. Just runs iso-Melo the last 3 minutes. Maybe it'll pay off... 5 seconds left. But that could also just be Melo being Melo.

As much as Kerr irritates me at times... he was right though. Ball clearly went off of the Knicks as you can see the ball hit and bend the guys arm (Felton maybe... can't remember) and definitely wasn't enough clear evidence to overturn the call. His point of taking what seemed like an eternity in a crucial moment of the game still makes sense too. Getting the call right is important but in this case I think it really killed the flow of the game and I'm not sure they got the call right to top it off. Just my opinion...

As much as Kerr irritates me at times... he was right though. Ball clearly went off of the Knicks as you can see the ball hit and bend the guys arm (Felton maybe... can't remember) and definitely wasn't enough clear evidence to overturn the call. His point of taking what seemed like an eternity in a crucial moment of the game still makes sense too. Getting the call right is important but in this case I think it really killed the flow of the game and I'm not sure they got the call right to top it off. Just my opinion...

I thought they got it right. To me, it looked like Rose touched it last before it went out. It looked pretty clear, in my opinion. I don't think they would have overturned it unless they saw that clearly. Didn't hurt Chicago in the long run, though.

On another note, yesterday's Shaqtin' a Fool was hilarious: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/t...in-a-fool.nba/index.html?cid=nba_12_twitter_L

I thought they got it right. To me, it looked like Rose touched it last before it went out. It looked pretty clear, in my opinion. I don't think they would have overturned it unless they saw that clearly. Didn't hurt Chicago in the long run, though.

On another note, yesterday's Shaqtin' a Fool was hilarious: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/t...in-a-fool.nba/index.html?cid=nba_12_twitter_L

As far as the call goes... agree to disagree. I will never understand the mindset of an NBA referee. The Bulls should not have won that game but I'm sure they'll take it. Shaq is quite the character. It's a constant battle between him and Barkley for who can be the most ridiculous. Makes for very entertaining TV.

Just seeing those names validates the weak draft class

Agreed!!! Cousins and Wall are great as far as those extended. I do think of those not extended, Monroe could be a very productive player for someone. Paul George is another solid player though out of that class. But with that said, not the strongest of drafts.

Not a big fan of the guy, but mad props to Westbrook for coming back this early. 33 minutes and still got to the line 14 times. His and Durant's FT numbers are going to be absolutely off of the charts this year, as usual.

Going to cavs and twolves game tomorrow...work bought blocks of nosebleeds. ..yippeeee

The Cavs better not sleep on the undefeated Timberwolves, sorry about the nosebleeds.

Lol I watched a little of cavs last night...wasn't impressed...and they are already limiting Bynum minutes

Back