DevilDog1960

Reaction score
Handicap
Looking to purchase a used R11s, 10.5,Reg Shaft,what is the best shaft for a 85 to 90 swing speed guy?

First off welcome to THP. I moved this over to the shaft section and I am sure will get lots of feedback.
There is really no "best" shaft because they are so different. Add to that no industry standards for flex, or anything else and every shaft is different.

At your swing speed, the standard shaft could be a great option, or it might not be. Because a lot more than swing speed is used to measure what shaft fits it is hard to tell from that alone.

I was not a huge fan of this driver head, so I am sure others that had better success and were okay with the sound of it will be better equipped to assist.

And again, welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP! I think the best thing to do is to go into a local golf store, and try one out. Many retailers like Dick's have an area with a "launch monitor" so you can get some numbers and see your ball flight, you may find that you like the driver or hate it. In my experience, it's better to hit a club first before buying it. Then after you've seen if you like the club with the regular shaft look for a good deal.

I'd say the one that was fit for you would be best. With that being said it never hurts to look around. Look at your ball flight and see what you need, as you can eliminate a lot of shafts that way.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

:welcome: if you are simply set on a R11s, just buy the cheapest used one you can find. If the shaft head combo do not work out for you sell it on ebay and you really won't be out much. Then maybe you can find a store with a LM to try to find a good combination for you.

I went through alot of trial and error trying to find the right shaft for that head i never really found one that i liked for my swing the best i found was a 7m3 black tie but i wanted a low launch and i have a higher swing speed. one thing that might help is that R9/R11/R11s/RBZ all have the compatible tips so if you have friends that play any of these drivers you might be able test it in your head. Ebay also has lots of people trying to sell shafts that already have the tips attached

Back