Putting W/ Glove On

Only time I putt with a golf on is if I am rrying to play 18 in under 3 hrs. I hate having to say its feel with taking the glove offf, because now I have to comment in JB's other thread.

Glove off for putting unless I'm hurrying into the green to finish out the hole.
I'm usually the last one on the green! Lol.

Just call me...Barb
First official '15 Morgan cup hopeful.
(Gonna work on the game!)

I usually have my glove on for all my shots and putts. Most people I play with are the same way as well.

I may experiment next season with chipping and putting without my glove.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Putt with my glove on all the time. I've done it since I started playing in junior high.

I actually prefer to putt with it on, but I conditioned myself to take it off at every green anyway. Why? To even out my tan :)

Seriously...I don't like the one-pale-hand look.

1. Do you wear your glove while putting? Yes, I do
2. Since I assume most don't, why not? I leave it on as i found it made no difference and it helped speed up the game. I wasn't worrying after holing out about trying to put my glove on before my next tee shot.
3. Do you actually feel a difference and believe it affects your putting?I have done both and I putt better with it on. I am more relaxed going in to the putt and not worrying about it.

Glove off, think my Dad told me this was they way it was done years back when he first taught me the basics. Now I prefer the feeling with it off so carry on. That said, if I'm in a rush to clear the green (Which isn't often) or it's just a tap in, the glove stays on.

I usually do not wear a glove while putting. I usually don't put it on for chips either. Just something I've gotten used to.

Usually take it off, but if I am just goofing around or the group is playing super fast I will keep it on.

Glove off for me. I just don't like feeling the stitching while putting. That means the stitching as I'm gripping the club with my left hand, nor do I like feeling it with my right hand. The only time I'll leave the glove on is if it's cold out. That's about it.

I have putt with the glove on all this year and have liked the feel of it so far, I am actually debating on going to 2 gloves as my hands have always felt comfortable in gloves overall (my hands are in gloves most of the day everyday doing surgery)

1. Do you wear your glove while putting?
Yes and no. Sometimes I get lazy and leave it on

2. Since I assume most don't, why not?

3. Do you actually feel a difference and believe it affects your putting?
I don't notice any difference really.

Downfall of wearing a glove while putting is that by keeping it on most of the round I tend to get the "golfers tan", one hand is tan and the other is as white as the glove.

I have moved to putting without my glove. I've found I have better control without it than with. Go figure.

Putted the entire round with it on. Usually it's half and half.

When it gets colder, I generally leave it on except when making the turn.

I leave it on all the time and putt with it on. Can't be bothered taking it on and off when my hand is sweaty and the glove is sticking to me. Besides, there's no way that tiny bit of leather is affecting my putting at my level.

I usually leave the glove on for putts from outside the green, or extremely long putts. Also if I just loose my putting grip or it feels that I shake/rattle/hum when I putt, as in a jittery feeling where I don't know what to do, the glove helps to relax, get a my hands out of the equation. It's a better feel without a glove, but if the feel is wrong...

I always take my glove off, usually just to feel the Nice breeze, I don't like sweaty gloves

Goes in phases for me. Sometimes will leave it on all the time - then go through a period of taking it off. Depends on weather, pace of play etc..

I think feel is better without a glove - most importantly it makes me focus on actually taking a second to read the line!

Goes in phases for me. Sometimes will leave it on all the time - then go through a period of taking it off. Depends on weather, pace of play etc..

I think feel is better without a glove - most importantly it makes me focus on actually taking a second to read the line!
Pretty much it for me. If it's humid, the glove comes off after I get on the green. It will come off between shots when I think about it. If the glove isn't wet, it doesn't bother me to leave it on for every shot, putts included.

I never putt with my glove on unless I'm pissed and in a hurry to finish the hole or if I'm inside 1 ft and just need to tap it in. The former happens more often than the latter!

This could be an exact quote from my golf game as well. I don't like putting with a glove on because I don't get the same feel on the grip as I do without a glove. Having said that I have also had some very bad rounds were I don't bother putting a glove on the whole round and never notice a difference in grip feeling with my irons or driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have always putted with my glove on when I am wearing it... never really occurred to me to take it off. But I have played rounds gloveless, and can't say I noticed a difference putting. I guess one thing that comes to mind when I hear the whole "I take it off for feel" thing is - do you take it off with delicate chips & pitches? Those shots require as much touch & feel as any shot you will hit. But I don't see the people I play with taking the gloves off for that? Just an observation...

I putt with & with out it but couldn't tell you if I've noticed a difference.

Was fighting this yesterday, seemed like sometimes I would be getting ready to putt and I would notice I still had my glove on.

As someone who wears two gloves, I often get tired of taking them both off haha I usually just putt with them on. Don't think it's hurt my game.

Never ever putt with a glove on, just don't feel right.

Back