Callaway RAZR Fit Xtreme Driver - THP Preview & Review Thread

I love my RFX, I did try the Optiforce 440, couldn't get on with that at all!, sold it and my RFX and bought a RFX Udesign, this will not be going anwhere!!..marvellous piece of kit!!

I love my RFX, I did try the Optiforce 440, couldn't get on with that at all!, sold it and my RFX and bought a RFX Udesign, this will not be going anwhere!!..marvellous piece of kit!!

Throw up some pics of that bad boy!

I've been fiddling around with the weights a bit. I took out the 2 gram weight from my original Razr Fit, so I have 2 grams in the heel and 1 gram in the toe now. I feel like I am hitting it much better than before with the 13 and the 1. Still some work to do though.

Here we go, the red is very Nike, but the finish is amazing....

So a certain awesome Oklahoman sent a RFE head to me recently after seeing an equipment pondering post of mine.

I had played the original Razr Fit last year and had some real nice success with it, but my wandering eye towards new shiny things had replaced it twice over with an R1 and then a Callaway XHot. I had really had a rough time with the driver slot all year between those two clubs.

Anywho, the RFE and the XHot (paired with a Kusala Blue shaft) accompanied me to the range this afternoon, and after that session in comparing the two heads with the exact same shaft, it was an absolute no contest victory for the Razr Fit Xtreme. I know people say this kind of stuff which I don't always believe, but I was seeing 20-30 more yards of carry with the RFE on the good shots. Even with balls off toward the toe that felt like misfits were landing well beyond where the XHot had been taking me. All of this with as good if not better accuracy.

I am still in some shock over what I was seeing, but it is some validation to my thoughts that my swing is better paired with a low spinning driver head.

That's awesome Donne! I hope those pulls are out of your system as well. I know I have finally got my RFX dialed in and am loving it as well.

That's awesome Donne! I hope those pulls are out of your system as well. I know I have finally got my RFX dialed in and am loving it as well.

They still creep in every now and then, but nowhere near what was going on in Vegas.

I am just shocked how hot this head is. Can't wait to see what they have in store along the Razr Fit and Razr Fit Xtreme lines next year.

They still creep in every now and then, but nowhere near what was going on in Vegas.

I am just shocked how hot this head is. Can't wait to see what they have in store along the Razr Fit and Razr Fit Xtreme lines next year.

I know the main difference between the RFE and XHot is that the RFE is a lower spin head. I also know that I hit the RFE farther. I don't know if it is because of the lower spin.

I absolutely love the RFE, though. Especially with the B Asha.

I know the main difference between the RFE and XHot is that the RFE is a lower spin head. I also know that I hit the RFE farther. I don't know if it is because of the lower spin.

I absolutely love the RFE, though. Especially with the B Asha.

I'm sure the lower spin characteristic is why I hit it further too, but I was still surprised just how much better it was. Particularly comparing the balls I hit on the toe side compared to the R1, I could not believe how far those shots were going.

Hope it wasn't just a good day. Driver has been my Achilles heel all year, and this was as close as I have been to optimistic with one lately.

After having a solid year with my R1 I found that the results were very good but I just did not love it and I don't know why? After messing around with drivers for a long time now I had a good think about previous drivers and the stand out one was an ERC Fusion+ that I had in the bag for years until it became non conforming. Since that driver I have never been happy and strangely not really tried any Callaway offerings. Anyway this got me thinking and the Callaway UK Performance Centre is not to far from me so I got booked in and had a custom fit session. The outcome was I just could not believe how good the RFE was, feel, sound, shot dispersion just the whole package. I got the order placed before I could even think twice and it has arrived today. Really looking forward to getting it in play at the weekend along with the XHot Pro 3 wood and XHot Pro Hybrid that they fit me into....Callaway have done an awesome job with their products and they certainly have me back as a loyal customer!

Last edited:
Good to hear GEO. let us know how it performs on the course!

Good to hear GEO. let us know how it performs on the course!

Will do Sparks, can't remember being this excited about getting a club in play. Hitting it felt like some kind of home coming for me!! (if that makes any sense at all?)

Awesome GEO! I have had my RFE for this whole season and I can tell you that I haven't had this much confidence in a driver in a very long time. It just knows how to find fairways and usually a long way down said fairways!

Awesome GEO! I have had my RFE for this whole season and I can tell you that I haven't had this much confidence in a driver in a very long time. It just knows how to find fairways and usually a long way down said fairways!

It does seem to fill you with confidence just looking at it!

It will have a baptism of fire on Sat as I have a knock out match and I doubt the weather will be kind, very windy here!!

So far I have had two range sessions with the RFE and it is a beast and straight, can't find anything I don't like about it!....wish I had found it earlier in the year though!! :banghead:

(the xhot pro 3 wood and hybrid aren't too shabby either!!)

Glad you could find something that works for you! I know it will take quite a bit to knock mine out of the bag.

I'm hoping to get out this weekend and get at least nine holes in while it's warm-ish, my RFX is BEGGING to be hit on the course and not just the driving range.

I got to use the Xtreme on Sat in a club pairs knockout match. The weather was rough, very wet, cold and windy 25mph+
but the Xtreme dealt with the conditions with ease. I only missed 2 fairways and they were only by a few yards. Some of the distances I was seeing were up there with what I have seen in good conditions. One of my opponents is someone I play with regularly and I'm normally about 15 yards behind him...not anymore!! :)
Drives were generally pretty straight and a great mid height flight. The confidence it gives is just so amazing, makes you grin even in rubbish weather!!

We one the match 6&5 against two of the potential favorites. This driver is the real deal.

Good to hear GEO. I have found that even on days when I am not swinging the driver well this driver will still keep you in play and with much shorter shots than you were expecting. I played Sunday into some big win and I was not disappointed either with the distance and how it didn't get blown offline by much at all.

Thanks GregDan.

I know it was only one round but definitely the happiest I have been hitting a driver into head and side winds. Obviously the club plays a huge roll but I think the Hex balls are awesome in the wind and together just make this game a good bit easier. Stands to reason they would have been paired in the R&D process.

I have to say I'm well happy with the shaft Callaway fit me into. The PXv blue cross which I understand is the original shaft not the stock red x in the XHot line. Surprised how lively it is compared to the older PX models which I liked but had a lack of feel for me. Not seen any ballooning so far and I have always been a high flight high spin driver. The combo just flat out works for me.

Looking forward now to a winter of continuing to improve the swing and my aim is to knock the hcp back down to 3 for next summer...the Xtreme will certainly aid the quest!!

Last edited:
Thank GregDan.

I know it was only one round but definitely the happiest I have been hitting a driver into head and side winds. Obviously the club plays a huge roll but I think the Hex balls are awesome in the wind and together just make this game a good bit easier. Stands to reason they would have been paired in the R&D process.

I have to say I'm well happy with the shaft Callaway fit me into. The PXv blue cross which I understand is the original shaft not the stock red x in the XHot line. Surprised how lively it is compared to the older PX models which I liked but had a lack of feel for me. Not seen any ballooning so far and I have always been a high flight high spin driver. The combo just flat out works for me.

Looking forward now to a winter of continuing to improve the swing and my aim is to knock the hcp back down to 3 for next summer...the Xtreme will certainly aid the quest!!

Sounds like a winner! I love those Hex Blacks. I play them all year and they are fantastic. I actually went away with the stock shaft and have the B.Asha 5x in there. And that is a deadly combo. I have never gotten along with the Project X shafts so I knew I wouldn't go with that. Glad you could find something that works for you though.

Sounds like a winner! I love those Hex Blacks. I play them all year and they are fantastic. I actually went away with the stock shaft and have the B.Asha 5x in there. And that is a deadly combo. I have never gotten along with the Project X shafts so I knew I wouldn't go with that. Glad you could find something that works for you though.

I really wasn't expecting the PXv to work for me but it just did. Felt very different from previous PX shafts I've used, the blue and the black. Both had good results but I never cared for the feel. The PXv has the results and the feel so very pleased indeed :)

I really wasn't expecting the PXv to work for me but it just did. Felt very different from previous PX shafts I've used, the blue and the black. Both had good results but I never cared for the feel. The PXv has the results and the feel so very pleased indeed :)
YOU got a new driver??

you realise of course that this is going to mean LOTS of Jaeger next time?

kidding (not) made up for you, sounds like a great fit...scratch here we come! (When I say we, I mean you!)

YOU got a new driver??

you realise of course that this is going to mean LOTS of Jaeger next time?

kidding (not) made up for you, sounds like a great fit...scratch here we come! (When I say we, I mean you!)

Hi El B!

I feared Jäger may be rearing its head!! :)

Really enjoying the new driver and it's great having confidence. I don't know about scratch but I have some targets for next season, lot of hard work ahead!

Must get that game in sometime soon if we can.

Well, I think black beauty is going to be making a return to the golf course this Friday for the first time since the Morgan Cup. The B. Asha 7X will be the featured shaft in which I had so much success with this combo leading up to the MC. When I had to take it out for the MC it just never was the same. So want to see if the magic is still there and put it up against my current Optiforce to see if a final decision can be made. I missed this combo over the summer and am ready to bring it back.

Back