I just purchased a esp ltd ec-1000. This guitar is awesome. I got it with Seymour Duncan's not emgs like a lot of Esp's haves. Vintage black finish with gold hardware. I will post up some pics of it soon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I just purchased a esp ltd ec-1000. This guitar is awesome. I got it with Seymour Duncan's not emgs like a lot of Esp's haves. Vintage black finish with gold hardware. I will post up some pics of it soon.

Pics please, I always enjoy guitar pics

Was listening to some satriani at work today and reminded me of you satch. haha Man he is so good. I have really got to practice more.

Musicians???

Was listening to some satriani at work today and reminded me of you satch. haha Man he is so good. I have really got to practice more.

Haha he is on of my Heroes, Such a fantastic guitar player.

Understatement of the century, Satriani is basically a god!

I sit around having trouble with some In Flames songs, and then I listen to guys like this and it's just a whole different plane of musical existence.

Here she is in all her glory. I absolutely love this guitar it plays very nice.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384720859092.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384720859092.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
Here she is in all her glory. I absolutely love this guitar it plays very nice.

I love the LTD line from ESP, I've owned 3 of their basses over the years.

I love the LTD line from ESP, I've owned 3 of their basses over the years.

This is my first ltd I've played a few before. I really liked the one's I playing in some music stores. So far I'm really liking it.

I still have yet to find an LTD ESP that I like haha, I'm glad you like yours. I'm pretty selective about guitars, I won't buy them unless I get to spend many hours playing them and they fit the bill.

I still have yet to find an LTD ESP that I like haha, I'm glad you like yours. I'm pretty selective about guitars, I won't buy them unless I get to spend many hours playing them and they fit the bill.

Not surprised to see you say that. I honestly love the ESPs. the LTDs I have been meh about. I've had a couple friends have luck with getting a decent one of the vipers, but I am honestly surprised on that.

I started to play guitar a little bit in high school and we had a small band that tooled around and never really did anything. I've since given it up completely and sold my PRS and my nice amps. I still have a Jackson and a piece of junk 15w Fender amp laying around somewhere. I really loved my old guitar and I wish I had kept it just for the memories.

I started to play guitar a little bit in high school and we had a small band that tooled around and never really did anything. I've since given it up completely and sold my PRS and my nice amps. I still have a Jackson and a piece of junk 15w Fender amp laying around somewhere. I really loved my old guitar and I wish I had kept it just for the memories.

That's a trip. What made you give it up?

If you ever want to get rid of the Jackson and amp, hit me up. :D

That's a trip. What made you give it up?

If you ever want to get rid of the Jackson and amp, hit me up. :D

I had a buddy who was the heart of our 3-piece 'band' and all the real talent. He ended up moving to Ontario for school and my other friend in the band got married and just wasn't able to play anymore. I didn't enjoy it without them so I gave it up. I never really possessed any real musical talent and I just didn't have the fire to continue.

Not surprised to see you say that. I honestly love the ESPs. the LTDs I have been meh about. I've had a couple friends have luck with getting a decent one of the vipers, but I am honestly surprised on that.

yeah I'm a very picky guitar player, I've worked a long time with some top quality people to develop my tone which is why i'm so picky hah.

Same thing with Les Pauls, Gibson tends to be a hit and miss, very inconsistent, but I've been very lucky with mine.

yeah I'm a very picky guitar player, I've worked a long time with some top quality people to develop my tone which is why i'm so picky hah.

Same thing with Les Pauls, Gibson tends to be a hit and miss, very inconsistent, but I've been very lucky with mine.
I think every manufacturer is hit or miss, just a matter of whether they have more hits than misses. Good to be picky. Guitars are so personal. Has to fit you as a person and a player.

I think every manufacturer is hit or miss, just a matter of whether they have more hits than misses. Good to be picky. Guitars are so personal. Has to fit you as a person and a player.

You hit the nail on the head. I've played some cheap guitars that were awesome and played better than their more expensive counter parts. A lot of it is just personal preference from what I have found.

Now I'm in the hunt for a 5-15 watt tube amp. The Orange tiny terror series looks pretty good. Marshall has a 5 watt tube head that looks promising.

Last edited:

Dude PRS's are my favorite guitars ever. If I had the cash lying around I'd be all over a Custom 24...

prs-custom-24-e28093-angled.jpg

...:desire: Such a beautiful guitar...

Anybody here know what I should do with a totally destroyed amp head? My girlfriend badly wants me to get rid of it, and I've called some local music stores but understandably nobody wants it even for parts. Is it worth the effort to try and convert any money from the preamp tubes and boards, or should I just chuck the thing? It's a B-52 AT-100 - cost me about $350 4 or 5 years ago, but I've already been reimbursed replacement cost ($600) by the insurance company for the movers who busted it.

That sucks that the movers busted it atleast the insurance reimbursed you for it

That sucks that the movers busted it atleast the insurance reimbursed you for it

Yeah I was pretty pissed for sure. Getting reimbursed was a hassle but I ended up getting more than I paid for it so it worked out. I haven't used it in the last 2 years anyway, it's way too loud to play in an apartment (100W tube head - I used it for shows with my band back in Jersey). Sounded killer though, if I was getting back into playing shows I'd buy another one no problem.

Musicians???

You hit the nail on the head. I've played some cheap guitars that were awesome and played better than their more expensive counter parts. A lot of it is just personal preference from what I have found.

Now I'm in the hunt for a 5-15 watt tube amp. The Orange tiny terror series looks pretty good. Marshall has a 5 watt tube head that looks promising.

Check out the vox night train too, it's similar to the tiny terror but has 3 band eq. And it's more affordable. I really like the Marshall class 5 but the lack on tone shaping keeps me away. There is also the black star ht-5

The vox is like the orange, they can switch from 7.5 watts to 15, letting you take advantage of tube saturation at lower volumes

Anybody here know what I should do with a totally destroyed amp head? My girlfriend badly wants me to get rid of it, and I've called some local music stores but understandably nobody wants it even for parts. Is it worth the effort to try and convert any money from the preamp tubes and boards, or should I just chuck the thing? It's a B-52 AT-100 - cost me about $350 4 or 5 years ago, but I've already been reimbursed replacement cost ($600) by the insurance company for the movers who busted it.

I'll take it off you hands hehe :)

I'll take it off you hands hehe :)

If you want it it's yours! Like I said, it's mashed, but you can have it if you think there's something you can use it for. I'll probably just end up chucking it otherwise.

Check out the vox night train too, it's similar to the tiny terror but has 3 band eq. And it's more affordable. I really like the Marshall class 5 but the lack on tone shaping keeps me away. There is also the black star ht-5

The vox is like the orange, they can switch from 7.5 watts to 15, letting you take advantage of tube saturation at lower volumes

I totally forgot about vox amps. A buddy of mine had a 30 watt tube combo amp he found at a used music store. It had a blown speaker in it and he put an a celestion vintage gold speaker in it. That amp had some balls to the wall tone.

I like the idea of switching from 15 to 7 watts and not affecting the.tone of the amp.

Last edited:
I totally forgot about vox amps. A buddy of mine had a 30 watt tube combo amp he found at a used music store. It had a blown speaker in it and he put an a celestion vintage gold speaker in it. That amp had some balls to the wall tone.

I likes the idea of switching from 15 to 7 watts and not affecting the.tone of the amp.

I recorded with a vox night train at 7.5 watts, it was so awesome to get the tube nuances and dynamics at that level

Back