Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review Thread

I believe, Wardy correct me if I am wrong, that the paint is based on lie angle.

My Xhps have paint in that top groove as well

Are yours standard in angle or have they been tweaked? If tweaked, how much?

Sorry mine were ordered 1 degree upright and that is green, which mine has in the top groove.

Sorry mine were ordered 1 degree upright and that is green, which mine has in the top groove.

So you are saying the line is color coded to your lie angle similar to the Ping Colored dot system....interesting

Seems we do after all. Nice catch TH. The top groove color indicates what your lie angles are.

Yellow 3 flat
Red 2 flat
Gold 1 flat
Green 1 up
White 2 up
Blue 3 up

I don't know when they started doing this, but like I said my XHPs are this way as well. Think it is a nice touch by Callaway to help quickly identify lie angles.

Seems we do after all. Nice catch TH. The top groove color indicates what your lie angles are.

Yellow 3 flat
Red 2 flat
Gold 1 flat
Green 1 up
White 2 up
Blue 3 up

Very interesting....so I guess no line is standard?

These look great. Can't wait to get feedback from you guys. Both of the apex models are high on my need to hit list for potential upgrades. I'll be following closely.

My guess as well yeah. Personally I like it. Subtle reminder for me to tell that the face isn't square.

O_0 Oh.. So there was an AW. Hrm.

Awesome review, Ward!!! :Alien:

The pics are pretty unreal. Absolutely beautiful irons. Ponder mode just went exponential on these.

Maybe a weird comment, but does the red top line groove distract you at all at address? It certainly stands out in the photos of the face.

Awesome review, Ward!!! :Alien:

Maybe a weird comment, but does the red top line groove distract you at all at address? It certainly stands out in the photos of the face.

Nah not at all man. I'm busy looking at the ball so things like that don't ever get noticed. Works nice at address though if I feel the face might be a touch open? I'll get a framing shot on grass when I have a little more assistance (hands to photo it)

My guess as well yeah. Personally I like it. Subtle reminder for me to tell that the face isn't square.

Yeah, I agree....like I said I have seen the bottom groove done plenty of times..but I think I like the top better...the ball doesn't interfere and it shouldn't fill up with dirt as easily either.

As pretty as the Apexes are, they are even that much prettier. Can't wait to see the performance reports to back that up.

i posted this in another thread they have been using the color code system for a while my x14 pro series are Green 1* up and i got them about 10 years ago...

Mward those look really sweet....

That what I thought Tim. I noticed on Wards Apex irons no color in the top groove... Is this only available in the pros?

That what I thought Tim. I noticed on Wards Apex irons no color in the top groove... Is this only available in the pros?

you can customize them on Callaway.com "Lie Angle"

(well not the Apex pro yet, but the regular Apex irons)

The Apex and Pro's are just gorgeous clubs. I like them both but the Pro seems to suit my eye a bit more. Really nice.

i posted this in another thread they have been using the color code system for a while my x14 pro series are Green 1* up and i got them about 10 years ago...

Mward those look really sweet....

I have no paint in my XHPs and I ordered them direct from Callaway and had them at 1° upright.

I have no paint in my XHPs and I ordered them direct from Callaway and had them at 1° upright.
that's odd there is no paint in the very top groove?

$(KGrHqUOKooFIwwKDIGJBSRFHPFz3Q~~60_3.JPG

Man was I ever surprised when the UPS guy carried up a Callaway box! I was expecting some other stuff and then these showed up....my other stuff got stuffed into a corner and it still sits there.:act-up:

I will post some more initial thoughts later but here are a few pictures. I absolutely love the matte finish compared to the chrome on my RocketBladez.

On the right is my current gamer (TaylorMade RocketBladez)

Hope those hold everyone over for a minute. They are so gorgeous in hand and I was ready to go out to the course. Then I remembered it was 40F and raining like crazy.

I really do love how these irons look and I hope that I can muster up the game for them. It sounds like deciding between Apex or Apex Pro is really just a matter of preference as one can't go wrong here.

Back