Bushnell z6 v leupold gx-3i

Bushnell z6 v leupold gx-3i

Made up my mind...... Bushnell it is :)

With shaky hands why even bother with a Rangefinder? Why not just get a GPS watch or voice button?

I started out with the I'm Caddie voice GPS. It worked and still works great. Clips to my cap or belt and speaks in a clear voice.

Listening to reviewers, I then purchased a Bushnell Pinseeker. It's the Pinseeker 1500 with Slope. It too seems to work really nice and finds the green and/or flag stick pretty quickly, and locks it in. Rarely was there a couple of yards difference between the Voice GPS and Pinseeker. The difference was the flag location (Pinseeker) versus center of green (I'm Caddie).

1476077_10151851465928401_2051742575_n.jpg

Next I bought a Bushnell Neo-X GPS watch, from a member here on THP. It too works great. I actually like it better than the Rangefinder or voice GPS. Again there was always less than a couple of yards difference. The watch gives me readings for front, middle and back of green... and on many courses, up to two hazards per hole. The watch, like the voice GPS, also tells me how far I hit the ball. It (the watch) also tracks my playing pace. All are very fast, hold great battery charge, and save lots of time.

Knowing what I know now, I would have bought the Bushnell Neo-X watch to begin with. They retail for $199, but you can find them on the Bay for around $100.

If you insist on a rangefinder, I'd go with a Bushnell Pinseeker.

What is the battery life of the Neo-X watch?

As far as the OP, I love my Leupold GX-1, have had it for years. I had a problem with my first one about 2 1/2 years after I bought it, I sent it to Leupold for an estimate as to what it would take to fix it. They sent me a brand new one even though the warranty is only for 1 year. Great customer service IMO. Never tried either of the ones your are considering.

I'd like to know that too :)
Might get myself a cheap backup too (neo watch just incase) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've found a Z6 on the bay for $290 and he might go to $260
Should I get it? Is that cheap ?

So I finally bought myself a bushnell z6
I really can't wait :)
Hopefully will include a review (or my opinion) on the Z6 review thread
Excited is definitely a word to describe how I feel right now :)

Glad you got it figured out Gezer.

What is the battery life of the Neo-X watch?

As far as the OP, I love my Leupold GX-1, have had it for years. I had a problem with my first one about 2 1/2 years after I bought it, I sent it to Leupold for an estimate as to what it would take to fix it. They sent me a brand new one even though the warranty is only for 1 year. Great customer service IMO. Never tried either of the ones your are considering.

At this point, I don't know. I got it last week (9 days), put it on charge, which it didn't seem to need as it reached full charge in 5 minutes. Have not had to charge it yet since then. It's also a regular watch so it's always running. I've used it in golf mode for three 9 hole rounds and it still shows full charge.

Been a while since purchased still nothing :(
Apparently it got sent back by customs and he's trying again :(
I do hope I get it :(

So I've just got my bushnell :D
Opened here up and there was a red shaded square on the screen
Is this a problem?
Or is it because I'm using it in the night ? (it's night time here)
Starting to panic a little

I played today with my neighbor who I sold my Z6 Jolt to last summer. The Z6 was not for me because the focus ring moved every time I took it out of my pocket and it was completely non-functional in even light fog which is very common here for about 5 months a year.

After comparing the Z6 to my Leopold GX3-i2 today it was obvious why I prefer the Leupold. Clearer optics, especially on sunny days, better eye cup, focus ring stays in place, and the form factor is smaller and ergonomically just fits in your hand better. Bushnell has done a great job of marketing but IMO the Leupold excels at everything and is better than the Bushnell in every way.

I played today with my neighbor who I sold my Z6 Jolt to last summer. The Z6 was not for me because the focus ring moved every time I took it out of my pocket and it was completely non-functional in even light fog which is very common here for about 5 months a year.

After comparing the Z6 to my Leopold GX3-i2 today it was obvious why I prefer the Leupold. Clearer optics, especially on sunny days, better eye cup, focus ring stays in place, and the form factor is smaller and ergonomically just fits in your hand better. Bushnell has done a great job of marketing but IMO the Leupold excels at everything and is better than the Bushnell in every way.

I just got my GX-3i2 and it is phenomenal. The small form factor is huge and the optics are amazing. Looking back at it, I should've just went from the GX1 to the GX-3i2, but since I can return the Garmin Approach G8 I'm no worse for the wear. Bushnell definitely wins the marketing battle, but Leupold is no slouch in the rangefinder game!

I just got my GX-3i2 and it is phenomenal. The small form factor is huge and the optics are amazing. Looking back at it, I should've just went from the GX1 to the GX-3i2, but since I can return the Garmin Approach G8 I'm no worse for the wear. Bushnell definitely wins the marketing battle, but Leupold is no slouch in the rangefinder game!

We played until after sunset and the superior optical quality of the Leopold over the Bushnell Z6 became even more obvious as it got darker. I've owned 3 Bushnell's and 2 Nikon's but now it's very clear to me who makes the best golf rangefinder.

Last edited:

I totaly agree. Build quality, less plastic, OLED display, fog mode (that works) and customer service are also far superior. When I purchased mine the top end Bushnell (X7 Jolt if I remember correctly) was about $60 USD more expensive than the top end Leopold GX-4i[SUP]2[/SUP]. There's a lot of love for the Bushnell's on this site, but I would go with an equivalent Leupold model every time.

Back