I've been stalking this thread and enjoyed all of your cars. I'd love to get a 67-69 Camaro, but I am no mechanic and would be in over my head. Thought about a used 10-11 Camaro or finding a 4th generation Camaro and that way I could afford to have it massaged / fixed up a bit. It's hard to justify too much on a toy with the kids. Decisions decisions...

I can understand that:

My name is Rich and I'm a drag racer. I'll never own a mansion or a yacht no matter how high my income. It's just the life of a motorhead.

Any car with an LS swap is full of win. I would totally do it if I had the means.

Especially one that weights 2800 pounds, and is known for its handling.

Was stationed with a guy that had an LSx engine in a 240SX back in the day. While my car was faster, his downright scared the crap out of me.

Halvsies?

Sure... Can you work with this?
892547_10202075450998504_792462957_o.jpg
LS3 E46 FTW

That one just seems wrong

That is what is so awesome about it. You should read the talk it got on Porsche forums. I give the guy props for doing it even more after that. BTW, he has a Avenger as well, so this was his "daily" haha.

I absolutely HATE people talk the "purist" crap with cars. To me, car modifications is all about quality. It's not your car, who cares.. I appreciate the effort made, not the end result (general sense, not always).

That is what is so awesome about it. You should read the talk it got on Porsche forums. I give the guy props for doing it even more after that. BTW, he has a Avenger as well, so this was his "daily" haha.

I absolutely HATE people talk the "purist" crap with cars. To me, car modifications is all about quality. It's not your car, who cares.. I appreciate the effort made, not the end result (general sense, not always).

Porsche forums are hilarious, they still complain that 911's have cup holders. The bimmer boards are pretty bad too.

Porsche forums are hilarious, they still complain that 911's have cup holders. The bimmer boards are pretty bad too.

I know, love it.

Bimmer boards are extremely hit or miss.. pick your poison.

I've been stalking this thread and enjoyed all of your cars. I'd love to get a 67-69 Camaro, but I am no mechanic and would be in over my head. Thought about a used 10-11 Camaro or finding a 4th generation Camaro and that way I could afford to have it massaged / fixed up a bit. It's hard to justify too much on a toy with the kids. Decisions decisions...

I'm in the same boat. By now a real classic restoration is moving around pieces of a corpse, IMO. Leta long getting a classic engine into fighting shape.

Heck, my Mustang, I'm the fourth or fifth owner of it, original drivetrain, and it's like driving a time bomb of "When's the really expensive part going to go out." Never been dragged officially, never had extensive work on it, but it makes me nervous. I'm either going to keep it going driving miss daisy style until it hits 150K, or I'm going to learn how to work on a 4.6L really quick. Much as I'd love the latter, there's not enough hours in the day. I still got golf balls to hit and children to take care of.

I'm in the same boat. By now a real classic restoration is moving around pieces of a corpse, IMO. Leta long getting a classic engine into fighting shape.

Heck, my Mustang, I'm the fourth or fifth owner of it, original drivetrain, and it's like driving a time bomb of "When's the really expensive part going to go out." Never been dragged officially, never had extensive work on it, but it makes me nervous. I'm either going to keep it going driving miss daisy style until it hits 150K, or I'm going to learn how to work on a 4.6L really quick. Much as I'd love the latter, there's not enough hours in the day. I still got golf balls to hit and children to take care of.

There's a reason why the sohc 4.6 is in most fleet cars, while it doesn't make huge power, it is extremely reliable. We have cars with 300k miles on them still making passes at the track. At 150k, we change the valve stem seals and the timing chain guides and roll on. if you do the work, that's under $200.

I once wanted to see what the stock 2V would really handle, so we strapped a nitrous kit on one with 120k miles on it and strapped it to the dyno. It finally broke when we hit 460rwhp and 640ft lbs of torque. It broke a piston. But considering we were making more than double the horsepower and torque from stock on a high mileage engine I was impressed. So we dropped an all aluminum 2V Explorer engine in it and rolled on.

They're closing down the local Sonic Drive-In for remodeling, and since today's the last day it's open, a lot of car clubs turned out to put on a sort of impromptu car show. I know a couple of car clubs in the area use the Sonic as a staging point before their runs. Lots of very cool cars turned out, so here's a couple of pictures; I think most of the gearheads will appreciate them.
y9cu.jpg
zt3c.jpg

6po9.jpg
u93j.jpg

There were dozens of cars out there today, plenty of rat-rods and 1930's era Fords, but these were among the sessy muscle cars they had out there.

One day I will build an old rat rod.

They're closing down the local Sonic Drive-In for remodeling, and since today's the last day it's open, a lot of car clubs turned out to put on a sort of impromptu car show. I know a couple of car clubs in the area use the Sonic as a staging point before their runs. Lots of very cool cars turned out, so here's a couple of pictures; I think most of the gearheads will appreciate them.
zt3c.jpg

There were dozens of cars out there today, plenty of rat-rods and 1930's era Fords, but these were among the sessy muscle cars they had out there.
LOVE this era chevelles and nova's

LOVE this era chevelles and nova's

I'm more of a Ford guy, but cars from the mid '60's were just spectacular in general. The Mustang, Falcon were both great cars for Ford, Chevy had the Nova, the Impala, the Chevelle. How good were cars in 1966? Even the GTO was pretty!...Kinda. I mean, as Goats go.

That '68 Camaro big-block sounded amazing, though.

So our local Powerball millionaire who loves to spend his money on cars....LOT OF CARS. He's pretty big at Barret Jackson. ANYWAY, he won the rights to the LAST Mustang GT500 for this body style before they switch to the new one in the 2015 model run. It was a charity deal, he bid it up to $500,000 for Traumatic Brain Injuries research and studies...so a great cause. Well his Mustang came in the other day. He choose to get a convertible, with ALL the option you could get and had them paint it in Gotta Have It Green. That's the kicker. You CAN'T get a GT500 in Gotta Have It Green....so it's a One of One ever made, and the LAST one this body style run.
Cool thing is they had it delivered here to our dealership where I work at, and came on an inclosed trailer with two pre-production models with the black and white swirl paint. They wouldn't let me take pictures of those. I was told they were a Mini Cooper and a BMW, both small suv's.

Here is a picture I took.

There's a reason why the sohc 4.6 is in most fleet cars, while it doesn't make huge power, it is extremely reliable. We have cars with 300k miles on them still making passes at the track. At 150k, we change the valve stem seals and the timing chain guides and roll on. if you do the work, that's under $200.

I once wanted to see what the stock 2V would really handle, so we strapped a nitrous kit on one with 120k miles on it and strapped it to the dyno. It finally broke when we hit 460rwhp and 640ft lbs of torque. It broke a piston. But considering we were making more than double the horsepower and torque from stock on a high mileage engine I was impressed. So we dropped an all aluminum 2V Explorer engine in it and rolled on.

I am getting the itch for a Mustang... I want a vert though. Ideally an 03-04 Cobra, but they still go for crazy money so I may want to build an older 4.6 or 5.0....

Back