I don't mind people using my clubs but its so rare since I'm a Lefty. I will admit I would be hesitant to let someone who doesn't care for their clubs well, hit mine.

I clean my clubs after every round or range session. They may not be the hottest, but I take pride in my passion for golf.

I pretty much agree with you JoeyJoeJo. If I damage my driver or any of my clubs, then it's ok because I did it. However, I wouldn't let just anybody try something that I just bought brand new.

I cringe when someone I don't know asks me to hit one of my clubs. If it's someone I know I usually don't mind, but joe blow on the range isn't touching my sticks...

Not something that usually bothers me, more often than not i'll just hand it over and let them go at it.

But I have also been in that awkward situation where someone playing with me is "not the greatest in the world" and has a bag full of clubs that are chipped/scraped/damaged in some shape or form - I usually find some sort of excuse when that particular situation crops up.

I have an open bag policy for all THPers except for Canadan.

He doesn't even ask. He just abuses clubs and walks away

It is only because he hits them so well that I can hear the clubs say "is that all you got" after every swing I take.

Center of my clubs didn't know what was happening

Eh, I'm 50/50 on the whole letting people use my clubs. If I know them, and they are friends/aquaintences of mine, or someone that is a friend. Sure, I'd be happy to let them take a hack with it. I tend to associate with good people.

I tend to judge them by the treatment of their equipment. If theirs is maintained well, and seems to be in good repair, sure. The thought process behind it is clear, if you damage it, you buy it. I usually warn people to tee up it up low with the drivers, i'd rather clean off grass. I'm also taller, so the length of the club most people have a bit of an issue with it.

Irons and My Scotty? Have at it. The driver is the only oen I'm kind of sketch on.

Doesn't bug me, its weird if a stranger asks me after a few holes but as long as people aren't being ****** I don't care.

I got myself over it twice already. My new Taylormade Driver, first time out, golf bag dropped off the back of the golf cart onto the cement path... ah SH^*!!! Used a little white finger nail polish...I was over it in a couple of days.

Want to use it? Sure, what worse could happen?

Fast forward to a brand new PING driver. Never gonna drop this puppy off the back of the cart for dang sure! Took it outta the box, looking good like only brand new could... gave it a little back swing...right into the D@M% ceiling fan! Ah SH%$! A little black finger nail polish, I was over it in about 2 hours.

Wanna hit it? Sure, what the heck...:confused2:

This is funny only because I get asked all the time why I carry a roll of masking tape in my bag......for this exact reason. I let people use my clubs but I always tape them up first haha

On work rounds with customers from out of town I usually take my old driver. This keeps the round smooth and tempers down. They ask less often to hit it, and I am not worried about the damage.

Eh, I'm 50/50 on the whole letting people use my clubs. If I know them, and they are friends/aquaintences of mine, or someone that is a friend. Sure, I'd be happy to let them take a hack with it. I tend to associate with good people.

I tend to judge them by the treatment of their equipment. If theirs is maintained well, and seems to be in good repair, sure. The thought process behind it is clear, if you damage it, you buy it. I usually warn people to tee up it up low with the drivers, i'd rather clean off grass. I'm also taller, so the length of the club most people have a bit of an issue with it.

Irons and My Scotty? Have at it. The driver is the only oen I'm kind of sketch on.

I feel the same way. Friends, sure. Just got paired with me? Maybe.

For me it all depends on skill level. If I see there having a hard time playing for sure no. If most of shots are solid sure why not. Most of my clubs are older most players have tried them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been open to letting people try my clubs. Makes me feel good that I have something they like. I do have that cringe why they swing as I don't want my club damaged, but accidents do happen.

I generally don't ask to barrow clubs to often, with the exception of asking a team mate at the Sarasota event to try the new TM Speedblades. Another member did let me try out his driver at the range that has basically a 0 swing weight, super super lightweight, it was crazy. First swing, skyball. I felt horrible. Luckily he had impact tape on the face and crown so it didn't leave a mark. But at first my heart sank. Second swing was a solid 240-250 yard hit. After that I was done. Lol

I wouldn't call it trashy. I'll let people hit my irons, wedges and putters but when it comes to woods it's a different story. I've found that telling people politely that they can't hit them and explaining why makes life much easier. I know a lot of people say that if someone hits their clubs and damages it in any way that it'll be taken care of but i don't have that kinda faith in people. I've learnt the hard way that people don't always keep their word, I loaned a 3w to a friend many years ago and it came back with a broken shaft. He swore he'd pay for a new one but never did and I ended up getting mad as hell the longer it dragged on. He wasn't the best of friends but after that incident we weren't friends at all. Ah well.

People I know, no problem. I rarely play with strangers. A really good player would not be interested in hitting my driver. Someone I don't know who wants to hit my driver probably falls in the hell no category, so no to strangers. I've not put a scuff on a club in more than 10 years so it would drive me nuts to have one on one of my clubs.

I haven't had anyone outside of my normal golfing buddies that has asked to try my clubs. It's definitely different to allow someone you know well as opposed to just a coworker or some random guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back