Status
Not open for further replies.
Still time for them to over pay for pitching

I remember the Yankees saying last summer that they wanted to lower the team's payroll, but not making the playoffs may have changed their minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the Yankees saying last summer that they wanted to lower the team's payroll, but not making the playoffs may have changed their minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus the term lower is relative

An underperforming SS. We will take Carlos Santana for him

Nope...we got 1...Cabrera...All though another turd season and it will be his last

I hope the Indians contend again next year. It is fun to have you in this thread. You know your stuff buddy

Used to know more but have slacked.
The signing of Murphy for the Tribe does confuse me.
You put him in RF which means Swisher is going to 1B...each pushes Santana behind the plate unless u are gonna DH him all season. And Gomez behind the plate has a cannon and hits like .300 so u need him.

Confusing.

But we need a big bat at 3 in a huge way

Used to know more but have slacked.
The signing of Murphy for the Tribe does confuse me.
You put him in RF which means Swisher is going to 1B...each pushes Santana behind the plate unless u are gonna DH him all season. And Gomez behind the plate has a cannon and hits like .300 so u need him.

Confusing.

But we need a big bat at 3 in a huge way

If he returns to the form he had 2 seasons ago it is going to be real nice for the Tribe. Any chance they make a play on a SP?

If he returns to the form he had 2 seasons ago it is going to be real nice for the Tribe. Any chance they make a play on a SP?

Yeah I think they go after an old fart like Colon or Westbrook.

SI sis say something about the tribe being interested in Beltran too

Yeah I think they go after an old fart like Colon or Westbrook.

SI sis say something about the tribe being interested in Beltran too

If you are fine with him DHing quite a bit then he could be a good play, I just think he is going to demand a HEFTY salary based on last couple of years. I really hope you don't get Westbrook, he is just plain bad. Colon would be interesting to me.

If you are fine with him DHing quite a bit then he could be a good play, I just think he is going to demand a HEFTY salary based on last couple of years. I really hope you don't get Westbrook, he is just plain bad. Colon would be interesting to me.

While we need a bat a DH is not the play cause of the Santana ordeal being stuck at DH primarily

While we need a bat a DH is not the play cause of the Santana ordeal being stuck at DH primarily

That was exactly my thought. He just isn't going to be a great outfielder anymore IMO. Jason Hamel could be another intersting arm for them

That was exactly my thought. He just isn't going to be a great outfielder anymore IMO. Jason Hamel could be another intersting arm for them

What about ur Cards...what's on the Christmas list?

What about ur Cards...what's on the Christmas list?
If the Peralta thing is true, not much. I could see a bench bat, but this is what I see right now

Bourjous
Carpenter
Holliday
Craig
Adams
Molina
Perralta
Wong
Pitcher

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Garcia
Kelly

Then those young arms in the bullpen. Jon Jay, Pete Kozma, Shane Robinson on the bench. One decent bench bat and I would be very happy.

If the Peralta thing is true, not much. I could see a bench bat, but this is what I see right now

Bourjous
Carpenter
Holliday
Craig
Adams
Molina
Perralta
Wong
Pitcher

Wainwright
Miller
Wacha
Garcia
Kelly

Then those young arms in the bullpen. Jon Jay, Pete Kozma, Shane Robinson on the bench. One decent bench bat and I would be very happy.

I know Freese had to go but Bourjous isnt going to help where you need help. Yes he is a very good defensive player, way better than Jay, but he doesnt help with the bat.

Yeah I wouldn't make too many changes anyhow...did family well with the last group lol

I know Freese had to go but Bourjous isnt going to help where you need help. Yes he is a very good defensive player, way better than Jay, but he doesnt help with the bat.

He is just as good as what Jay gave us on offense this year. Calling him our leadoff man might be a bit much, but this team will be fine offensively

He is just as good as what Jay gave us on offense this year. Calling him our leadoff man might be a bit much, but this team will be fine offensively

I dont know man. They struggled in the playoffs with the bat. Thankfully you guys have an unreal pitching staff. #WachaWachaWacha

I dont know man. They struggled in the playoffs with the bat. Thankfully you guys have an unreal pitching staff. #WachaWachaWacha

Yes they did struggle a bit in some games, but I really am not worried. Perralta will be 100X better than Kozma. Having Craig and Adams in the lineup together helps as well. It will be a more talented team, not sure if they will do as well as this years team, but who knows.

Yes they did struggle a bit in some games, but I really am not worried. Perralta will be 100X better than Kozma. Having Craig and Adams in the lineup together helps as well. It will be a more talented team, not sure if they will do as well as this years team, but who knows.

How much you comfortable spending on Peralta? I've seen on twitter where 4 years/52 million isn't in the ballpark.

How ow much you comfortable spending on Peralta? I've seen on twitter where 4 years/52 million isn't in the ballpark.

They have money to spend, but honestly I just try and trust Mozeilak and Dewitt. They have made incredible moves year after year so I think they know what they are doing.

10.5 Mil off with Chris Carpenter
7 mil off with Rafael Furcal
13 Mil off with Beltran
8.75 Mil off with Westbrook
3 Mil or so off with Freese

So we can afford the salary, just hoping he pans out

They have money to spend, but honestly I just try and trust Mozeilak and Dewitt. They have made incredible moves year after year so I think they know what they are doing.

10.5 Mil off with Chris Carpenter
7 mil off with Rafael Furcal
13 Mil off with Beltran
8.75 Mil off with Westbrook
3 Mil or so off with Freese

So we can afford the salary, just hoping he pans out

Not many teams have that much money coming off the books. I'd say if that juice doesn't wear off, he will be solid. At only 31, he's still got life left too. Limited range defensively, but durable and his hitting has been phenomenal for 2 years in a row. Keep him at 6 in the order and he will perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back