Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Has anyone had any success pulling the adaptor from the stock shaft?

I have. Actually had my local Golfsmith pull it, but was done and placed on another shaft. Shouldn't be any issues.

Tapping away on my iPhone

I have. Actually had my local Golfsmith pull it, but was done and placed on another shaft. Shouldn't be any issues.

Good to hear.

I've just dropped off my reg AC shaft plus a S9-1 Pro with a Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 with my local pro for them to switch out the shaft and adaptor. He was a little worried about the plastic castellated part of the adaptor melting when adding heat!

Good to hear.

I've just dropped off my reg AC shaft plus a S9-1 Pro with a Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 with my local pro for them to switch out the shaft and adaptor. He was a little worried about the plastic castellated part of the adaptor melting when adding heat!

The adapter from Cobra is metal all the way through & my guy had the same concern. I called Cobra and they confirmed it was metal & wouldn't melt.

The adapter from Cobra is metal all the way through & my guy had the same concern. I called Cobra and they confirmed it was metal & wouldn't melt.

That's great news, thanks Mike :good:

For the guys playing Kusalas, are you buying them new or picking up shaft pulls from Cleveland or other brands? I can't seem to find Kusalas in any of the used clubs I've looked at, They all seem to have the C.Kua or B.Asha. For the guys that have played both, what would you say are the big differences between the shafts.

I got mine new from Rock Bottom Golf. I got lucky - apparently when I ordered, according to the site, there was only one blue stiff left. The price was decent though.

I've always liked Cobra drivers. Been playing the S-2 for some time. I picked up the AC after reading this thread. Unlike most here I actually like the stock Fuel shaft. Having said that I change it out to a Graphite Design YSQ that is my go to shaft. I used an after market adaptor with no problems, altho it is a right handed adaptor and I'm leftie. I've played 2 rounds with it and must say it is the longest in the fairway every time driver I've ever used. Most have not seen yardage gains with this driver, just more fairways, I've seen my longest drives ever, dead straight. GPS yesterday 290 yards. I don't hit 290 yards off the tee ever. I saw places in the fairway I've never seen before. I could not be happier with a golf purchase. Thanks to all of you that commented on this thread.

I've always liked Cobra drivers. Been playing the S-2 for some time. I picked up the AC after reading this thread. Unlike most here I actually like the stock Fuel shaft. Having said that I change it out to a Graphite Design YSQ that is my go to shaft. I used an after market adaptor with no problems, altho it is a right handed adaptor and I'm leftie. I've played 2 rounds with it and must say it is the longest in the fairway every time driver I've ever used. Most have not seen yardage gains with this driver, just more fairways, I've seen my longest drives ever, dead straight. GPS yesterday 290 yards. I don't hit 290 yards off the tee ever. I saw places in the fairway I've never seen before. I could not be happier with a golf purchase. Thanks to all of you that commented on this thread.

Thank you for the feedback! Glad you are enjoying it and that we could help out. Keep us updated on your thoughts!

Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

Just won a Matrix Ozik White Tie 5X3 X-Con on eBay. It's regular flex, but reading the website and other posts on here I'll probably tip it to get it closer to firm/stiff and see how it works. For $75 worth the experiment.

Had been having a hard time with driver lately. It wasn't the driver's fault, I just couldn't hit the ball. I went to the range today before my round and figured out what I have been doing wrong and then headed to the course.

Then the Amp Cell that I love came back to life. After hitting it horribly for a few weeks, it was like falling in love with the Amp Cell/'ahina combination all over again.

Looking into a kuro kage shaft and was wondering about the stock amp cell pro kuro kage shaft...how does it compare to the aftermarket shaft...Thinking of a kuro kage silver in stiff or maybe x stiff (107-115 swing speed)

Looking into a kuro kage shaft and was wondering about the stock amp cell pro kuro kage shaft...how does it compare to the aftermarket shaft...Thinking of a kuro kage silver in stiff or maybe x stiff (107-115 swing speed)

As far as I've been told, the KK in the Pro is the real deal.

Looking to have someone pull a Miyazaki C kua 59s from a Cleveland 310 that I bought used.
I was looking at golfworks to buy the adaptor for it. Does it matter which one I get?

GWorks only has .335 adaptors. Will either of them fit or do I have to find out what size tip the Miyazaki is
because I have no idea? Sorry I'm new to all this. Thanks guys.

Looking to have someone pull a Miyazaki C kua 59s from a Cleveland 310 that I bought used.
I was looking at golfworks to buy the adaptor for it. Does it matter which one I get?

GWorks only has .335 adaptors. Will either of them fit or do I have to find out what size tip the Miyazaki is
because I have no idea? Sorry I'm new to all this. Thanks guys.

I just bought my adapter from Golf Works & the do have separate adapters for the AC & AC Pro. Make sure you get the correct one & they are l .335.

As far as the shaft I have read and seen players take a non .335 shaft work, but was done by a club fitter and not a "home project'. Good luck!

I wonder why golf works only sells the .335 and not the .350?

Go to Ebay..look under clubmaking, type in Cobra Amp Cell adaptors, you can get .350 adaptors. The ones I saw were from China, I've dealt there before, no problem but shipping does take awhile.

I wonder why golf works only sells the .335 and not the .350?

Give them a call and see what they say. I've also called Cobra directly and their customer service was great & always took the time to answer questions......

As far as eBay adapters, it's buyer beware. I've heard some horror stories.

I used ebay adaptors alot with no issues. Its just an adaptor, how horrific can it be?
If it fails, moving 100 mph, head of the club is certainly going for a ride.

I used ebay adaptors alot with no issues. Its just an adaptor, how horrific can it be?

Maybe it's just been the bad luck of the ones I've seen friends play and they don't last. These were adapters put in by club makers and not themselves. I would just rather pay the extra $$ and have the peace of mind that's all.

For anyone who has played both the regular and the pro driver what did you find was the difference?
Which do you prefer and why?

Some ebay adapters are ok, others no. There has been some quality issues, so they could break or they could just be molded wrong. The more common problem is that the settings could be totally off with a non OEM adapter. The adapters I've got for my Cobra's are all authentic OEM stuff so no problem there, but I've got a couple Titleist adapters that I can use, but I have now idea what the true loft or other settings are, but I'm 100% sure they aren't the same as with the original adapter.

Some ebay adapters are ok, others no. There has been some quality issues, so they could break or they could just be molded wrong. The more common problem is that the settings could be totally off with a non OEM adapter. The adapters I've got for my Cobra's are all authentic OEM stuff so no problem there, but I've got a couple Titleist adapters that I can use, but I have now idea what the true loft or other settings are, but I'm 100% sure they aren't the same as with the original adapter.

Great point. I never really thought about the lofts being off, I was just concerned from a quality of construction perspective.

Back