What new tip have you learned lately that has helped your game?

Letting the ball get in the way of my swing. Love it.

Best tip I ever gave and was given

How do you guys visualize and practice this? I've heard this a bunch of times but I'm ultra focused on the ball or where I want my swing to bottom out, so this never really made the most sense to me.

It's not something I just picked up recently, but I have really been focusing on keeping the clubface far away from my body to make a wider arc. Definitely more, easy distance.

How do you guys visualize and practice this? I've heard this a bunch of times but I'm ultra focused on the ball or where I want my swing to bottom out, so this never really made the most sense to me.

I was taught "play swing the club, not hit the ball", which allows me to free up my swing and actually finish all the way through to posing at the end. When I concentrate on hitting the ball, I tend not to finish my swing.

The golf is a stationary object. To get it to move you have to swing the club. If you swing to a finish and through the ball it will move forward. It books down to trusting your swing and the position of the club head at impact.

Too often people hit at the ball. Manipulating the club head in order to get the desired result. As long as the club is square through impact the ball will have proper loft, trajectory and distance. Take a practice swing and see how fluid it is. The same swing should be put on the ball. It ain't gonna move on you. It will be there when the club gets back. Tension kills distance and accuracy. Swinging through, letting ball get in the way will max out your efforts

I was taught "play swing the club, not hit the ball", which allows me to free up my swing and actually finish all the way through to posing at the end. When I concentrate on hitting the ball, I tend not to finish my swing.

The golf is a stationary object. To get it to move you have to swing the club. If you swing to a finish and through the ball it will move forward. It books down to trusting your swing and the position of the club head at impact.

Too often people hit at the ball. Manipulating the club head in order to get the desired result. As long as the club is square through impact the ball will have proper loft, trajectory and distance. Take a practice swing and see how fluid it is. The same swing should be put on the ball. It ain't gonna move on you. It will be there when the club gets back. Tension kills distance and accuracy. Swinging through, letting ball get in the way will max out your efforts

Thanks guys. I almost never complete my follow through on real swings but do every time on my practice swings... Seems like a mental issue, of which I have plenty. Is there such thing as a golf hypno-therapist? :D

I was struggling with short putts that I don't normally struggle with and DawgDaddy noticed I was short on my follow-thru. I started focusing on making a solid stroke and going all the way through the ball and I started rolling them in! Thanks DD!

Tip I got last lesson that was simple but helped a lot with better ball contact was just lifting my chin up a little bit. I was looking down at the ball so my my chin was down quite a bit. lifting it up let my shoulders clear easier on my turn and I was hitting the ball much cleaner. Funny how much the little things can help.

Tip I got last lesson that was simple but helped a lot with better ball contact was just lifting my chin up a little bit. I was looking down at the ball so my my chin was down quite a bit. lifting it up let my shoulders clear easier on my turn and I was hitting the ball much cleaner. Funny how much the little things can help.

I wear glasses and struggle with this constantly because when I lift up my head, I'm looking underneath my glasses and everything's blurry, including the club and ball. I wish I could wear contacts when I play.

I take the club back with my body at first , instead of my arms.

Also, I have loosened my grip severely.

Wait, that is 2 tips????????

Jackal

I wear glasses and struggle with this constantly because when I lift up my head, I'm looking underneath my glasses and everything's blurry, including the club and ball. I wish I could wear contacts when I play.

Same here. That's one of the reasons I struggle with it.

Slow and low take away. I have a tendency to get fast and that leads to bad ball striking and casting my wrists.

I can hit a good fade with my driver, it's goes 280 then cuts and drops. When I try to hit a draw i tend to get in trouble. During a scramble my partner says " only hit fades off the tee". Then I went on to hit 7/9 fw. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Flat wrist at the top of the backswing. Solved my hook and added 10 yards to my drive.

Give a slight pause at the top of the back swing. It really helps get everything in sync for the down swing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was given this tip as well and it definitely made a huge difference in my swing and keeping my ball in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When at address with the driver, having the ball lined up between toe and center and not right in the center. I hit the sweet spot almost every time now.

Straight armed pitching. Been knocking it much closer to the pin since switching to pitching this way.

Straight armed pitching. Been knocking it much closer to the pin since switching to pitching this way.

Can you explain this? I have a feeling I know what you are talking about but may be wrong

Mark Crossfield was talking about this technique as well. I worked on it at the range, and have found it to be much more consistent in terms of control than attempting to aim the leading edge of the club and make perfect contact.

I've tried this for nearly a year or so at the advice of a friend who's really good around the green but for the life of me I cannot get it done. I remain too stiff and have little control. I reverted back to the "hinge & hold" like Phil M and have revived my short game tremendously. For those of you who can pitch straight-armed, I envy you. It's more reliable due to it's simplicity. Just not for me.

When at address with the driver, having the ball lined up between toe and center and not right in the center. I hit the sweet spot almost every time now.

This is really helpful if ground your driver at address. I have seen a nice improvement in consistency too.

:act-up: Got some great advice on here..but using the opposing hands technique..I learned how to,leverage the club better than I ever knew possible..

Is that the triangle technique?
Basically keeping your triangle with your arms throughout contact?

Haven't heard it mentioned that way but you do keep a triangle throughout so I guess its the same. Really worth a try. I usually have a 2 or 3 miss hits around the green in a round but not when I did this last time. Good, crisp contact all day and great distance control.

Haven't heard it mentioned that way but you do keep a triangle throughout so I guess its the same. Really worth a try. I usually have a 2 or 3 miss hits around the green in a round but not when I did this last time. Good, crisp contact all day and great distance control.

And dont forget Vapor Lockin Rob Wedge. That is the key to your 350 yard hybos.

Back