Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone out there shooting a AR style .308? A buddy thinks it should be my next gun purchase. I looked online and they're pricey. I rarely shoot my AR-15 now so i'm not sure if I should even consider it. Looked at DPMS, Bushmaster and Rock River websites last night.

Guns....

Anyone out there shooting a AR style .308? A buddy thinks it should be my next gun purchase. I looked online and they're pricey. I rarely shoot my AR-15 now so i'm not sure if I should even consider it. Looked at DPMS, Bushmaster and Rock River websites last night.

If I could afford one I would have one immediately and it would be my hunting rifle. Definitely couldn't afford to do a lot of plinking with it though considering ammo costs.

Smith and Wesson makes a solid looking M&P AR in .308.

If I could afford one I would have one immediately and it would be my hunting rifle. Definitely couldn't afford to do a lot of plinking with it though considering ammo costs.

Smith and Wesson makes a solid looking M&P AR in .308.

yep, just the one i was looking at as a option for my first AR10 308

6.8 Grendel is also a nice caliber.

swing your swing

Looking at getting a .300 Rem Ultra Mag. Just haven't decided if I want a heavy barrel or not.

IMHO, the heavy barrel is nice. What is the price difference?

Looking at getting a .300 Rem Ultra Mag. Just haven't decided if I want a heavy barrel or not.

Price is really a non factor. I am just really undecided on what I want.

What will you be using it for? Long - range plinking, hunting.

What will you be using it for? Long - range plinking, hunting.

Hunting elk, mulies and whitetails at various distances. If I am hunting the mountains, I can't have a heavy rifle, but if I am hunting in So. Tx in a blind overlooking long senderos, then a bull barrel would be ideal.

7ia1.jpg

Guns....

I'll tell you why I have guns, I own guns because I was born in a country where government officials shot groups of citizens to death, where my uncle was gunned down in a firefight with cartels, and where organized crime terrorizes the country and murders thousand of innocent people every year. That's why I own guns.

That country was disarmed by the government.

I'll tell you why I have guns, I own guns because I was born in a country where government officials shot groups of citizens to death, where my uncle was gunned down in a firefight with cartels, and where organized crime terrorizes the country and murders thousand of innocent people every year. That's why I own guns.

That country was disarmed by the government.

Me thinks I need to start collecting and compiling the way our govt. is being run.

too bad we couldnt get bank vault sized gun safes. so that when they come and take our guns away you can say you forgot the combo haha

Speaking of good people... This is what happens when you have a state which survives on handouts has the police go on a general strike for wage increases:
http://m.lavoz.com.ar/node/961776

(edit: translate.google.com does a decent job of it if you require translation)

just got back from the gun store and walked away with a m&p 9mm used for $318 out the door.
came with 2 16rd mags but sadly no case
looks like this
image105509-f868fc637f405f0f6f67be26e8fb828e.jpg

just got back from the gun store and walked away with a m&p 9mm used for $318 out the door.
looks like this

Sweet deal!

What do you think of the trigger? I was looking at a Sig 1911 but the trigger seems like a big block. The salesman said it takes a while to get used to but I'd end up loving it. I couldn't make myself pay $900 for a gun that I already wanted to replace the trigger. Sig does make some beautiful 1911s though.

Along with Loaded Springers, Sigs are the finest 1911 under $1,000.

I love when stuff I ordered comes in. Got my new 22 scope.

SWFA SS 10 MRAD.

So far, really impressed with it for a $300 scope. But I've only used it in my living room, time will tell.

Turrets have a little bit of slop in them but not to bad for the price, clicks aren't to bad.

The setup will let me go out to 300 yards, or as close as 18 yards.

Along with Loaded Springers, Sigs are the finest 1911 under $1,000.

Anybody shot the new Ruger or s&w 1911? Both look really nice as well. I think they are around the $1000 area.

swing your swing

No, but some of he Ruger 1911s are unobtainum even before the gun scare. My brother had an order in for a year and never got one. Then he got a SR40 or something.

That thing is God awful.

Guns....

looks like this

Dang! Nice buy! Time to get an apex DCAEK and an AEK trigger, believe me you'll see the difference.

Also check out the trijicon HD sights, they made a difference for me, I'm picky about my sight picture setup.

No, but some of he Ruger 1911s are unobtainum even before the gun scare. My brother had an order in for a year and never got one. Then he got a SR40 or something.

That thing is God awful.

I almost got an SR9, thank god I left the store with the M&P 40 instead, that gun is leagues ahead of the SR9. I really want to get a Springfield 1911, any one have one they want to donate? Hahaha

Hey guys, I need some help looking for some ammo for my 7mm Rem Ultra Mag. I am looking for the 160gr Nosler Partition Remington load. If you happen to see any, please let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back