Stranded in Boston...open bar at Westin Waterfront

Martsy

Reaction score
Handicap
18.5 GHIN
So I was in Boston on business, at the airport to fly home to Richmond, and my flight was cancelled. I have a flight now tomorrow at 9am, and booked a night at the Westin Boston Waterfront. I get to hotel with a reserved confirmation, but apparent the hotel is having IT issues with its central hub, and they can't check me in. After waiting about 20 min, and being more than reasonable, I make them on offer. I'll wait as long as needed at the bar, but they pick up the tab.

So they foolishly agreed, and I'm now on my 3rd glass of Macallan 25. Another two, and my tab will exceed my corporate rate. I'm kind of hoping they don't figure it out for a while. It's been about an hour so far...

You, sir, are doing life correctly.

drink up and drink fast my friend

You win. Well done and drink well!

That's the way to do it; well played. I've stayed at the Water front many times; is that Irish pub place still there or are you at the night club type place?

Now thats winning there. Hope they don't realize and charge it to your room.

That's the way to do it; well played. I've stayed at the Water front many times; is that Irish pub place still there or are you at the night club type place?

I'm actually just at the little hotel bar that's within viewing distance of check in. It's nothing fancy....but well stocked

approval-people-clapping.gif

Now thats winning there. Hope they don't realize and charge it to your room.

I don't think they can since they agreed to the deal...

well played, Martsy. Drink up!

I'm actually just at the little hotel bar that's within viewing distance of check in. It's nothing fancy....but well stocked

I know that bar well; I actually liked it the best.

And that is how its done!!!

So much awesome. Enjoy your delay my good sir.

Such a wonderful idea. I usually negotiate for points, or bigger suites, but drinks are simply ingenious! Well done!

So update, the hotel manager offered to walk me up to a room, but could not give me a key. So I replied, "so basically I'd be a prisoner in my own room?". He agreed with the analogy and has agreed to continue to pick up the tab. Now on #5, and I've officially exceeded the corporate rate of my room. ($50/glass)

haha keep it up man!!!

Order a bottle !

Order a bottle of Moét at the room and sit back for the night.

So update, the hotel manager offered to walk me up to a room, but could not give me a key. So I replied, "so basically I'd be a prisoner in my own room?". He agreed with the analogy and has agreed to continue to pick up the tab. Now on #5, and I've officially exceeded the corporate rate of my room. ($50/glass)

I do believe at this pace, his next offer should no doubt be to carry you to your room, lol :drinks:

Well struck, good sir!

tumblr_lo2zqb6h5P1qzsyre.gif

Damn it, if I didn't have this baby around here, I would be at that bar to drink with you in no time at all. :banghead:

Well played sir, well played indeed.

Very nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is awesome. Great negotiations.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back