Hopkins Golf VL Pro Golf Balls

I ordered a dozen of these to see how they will perform. At that price point i figured it was worth a shot. I'm not sure where they would land against the other 3-piece balls on the market so I did a little research based on Hopkins claims. At the moment they are just promoting that they are a cheaper option that will perform as good or better than the balls listed for comparision. We all know this is relative to each golfer and what they desire from their golf balls. It's good to note that it was mentioned before that this particular Hopkins ball has a cover that is Surlyn. So immediately I think 'Distance Ball with low spin'

We all know that Urethane covers deliver better greenside spin & Ionomer/Surlyn are harder and will not spin/check up as much. Based on the comparison chart from Hopkins, the golf ball covers breakdown like this:

NXT Tour - Fusablend (proprietary Titleist cover promoting softness, but closer to Surlyn than Urethane)
TM Rballz - Urethane
Hex Chrome - Urethane
One RZN - Ionomer

I have a sleeve of Nike One RZN & some Hex Chromes I will be testing against once the balls come in.

I would think Q-Star and e6 would be good ones to compare with too, though I know the Q-Star is a 2 piece ball.

May have to order some of these. I've grown to like my e5s with their urethane cover but I was also a big fan of the Gamerv2, and this seems like this ball is in that same range.

I was just on their site, now they have them listed at a special introductory price of $15.99. You can still use the cyber20 discount for a few more days, bringing them down to $12.79.

I was just on their site, now they have them listed at a special introductory price of $15.99. You can still use the cyber20 discount for a few more days, bringing them down to $12.79.

Nice! That is cheaper then rock flights at Walmart!

Still showing up as $19.99 for me. Or do you have to go all the way to the end of the ordering process?

That is way too good of a price to pass up!

Still showing up as $19.99 for me. Or do you have to go all the way to the end of the ordering process?

No, it showed 15.99 in my cart. Could be because I linked through an email they sent me, I don't know.

If you're wondering about greenside spin, I wouldn't expect much. Not compared to the Chrome at least.

I'm a fan of lower cost 3-piece balls like this, and will likely give these a shot next year just to say I did, but (and hopkins isn't the only company that does it) I don't like when I see them compared to balls like the Cally Chrome. Price is similar, but one is going to deliver a bunch more greenside spin, if that's your thing.

I was wondering that when I first read this thread...the NXT and the One RZN both use a suryln type cover....but the Chrome with urethane cover is a completely different animal....honestly the Chrome was one of the spinniest balls I have played in a long time.

No, it showed 15.99 in my cart. Could be because I linked through an email they sent me, I don't know.

Welp, signed up. If I get that deal I don't see how I can't purchase a dozen.

When I went back to the site it showed $19.99 for me too. I remembered what I did though, I had a gift card in my cart, and when I clicked the checkout button, they offered me the balls at $15.99. From that point you can use the code to get them to $12.79.

When I went back to the site it showed $19.99 for me too. I remembered what I did though, I had a gift card in my cart, and when I clicked the checkout button, they offered me the balls at $15.99. From that point you can use the code to get them to $12.79.

Yup, def works, and can remove the gift card and still get the balls for $12.79.

Purchased. I feel a tad guilty that it may be a glitch in their site, buuuuut I did it anyway :D

It did for me as well, but with the "cyber20" deal it's still a great deal on a dozen balls, I can't wait to try them out!

I am guilty too!!! Just couldn't pass up a dozen balls for $12.79 shipped! Thanks Parshooter36!!!

As much as I love a good deal, I'm going to wait until those that ordered these get them and can give some feedback before I pull the trigger.

You scoundrels. I paid 15.99, but then again who is complaining. Already a steal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, I also paid $15.99. I stumbled on the other deal after the fact.

I also purchased a dozen today....Hey, at $15.99 and free shipping, why not? I hope that it plays nice....this is cheaper than the Wilson Duo's...Now I just have to wait until March or April to play these!!!

If not for the several dozen Gamer Tours and ProV1's to burn through, I'd jump all over these. As it stands, gonna be this guy and the Hex Chrome and the Gamer Tour to duke it out come Spring.

If not for the several dozen Gamer Tours and ProV1's to burn through, I'd jump all over these. As it stands, gonna be this guy and the Hex Chrome and the Gamer Tour to duke it out come Spring.

Buy them anyway...it's only $16

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Buy them anyway...it's only $16

I'm under a trade embargo on all golf-related equipment until after Christmas. Orders from the wife. They did get put on my wish list, though. Since they're the cheapest golf balls on there, I still might end up with a dozen.

I'm under a trade embargo on all golf-related equipment until after Christmas. Orders from the wife. They did get put on my wish list, though. Since they're the cheapest golf balls on there, I still might end up with a dozen.

I got the same embargo from my wife...I did convince her that these were a "stocking stuffer"

No option for shipping anywhere but the States and Canada sucks a bit :( Obviously wouldn't expect free shipping across seas, but no option at all is annoying! Was looking forward to giving these a spin.

Back