What's the best and worst part of your game right now?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Handicap
The best part of my game lately has got to be putting. For the past 6 months or so, I've been putting lights out and it's been noticed by my playing partners. A bunch of guys have asked me to play in the Fort Bragg Commander's Scramble just because of my putting. I would say that my putting is on par with a single digit handicap player.

The worst part of my game is tee shots. Not just with driver, but anything that I hit off a tee box. I know it's all in my head, but I've seen 36 handicappers that drive better than I do. Finished off my round today pretty well though, so there's promise there at least.

So what saves you on the course and what is your nemesis?

Best part of my game is my short game....anything 125 and in...I am just flushing my wedges right now...probably the main reason I have been shooting decent scores.

Worst part of my game....mid and long irons....pull hooking the crap out of them...I hit driver good and anything 7 iron and down good...in between that I suck.

The last few rounds it has been my shots around the green. Chipping and pitching.

Worst part would be tee shots on par threes. Watching my wife hit par three greens within 15 to 20 feet with regularity shows me I am way behind her in that category.

Best:
1) Short game
2) Driver

Worst
1) Everything else.

My putting is by far the strongest part of my game, always is though. I'm struggling with all approach shots although I'm working on it and showing good signs of improvement. Played 9 last night and only missed one GIR.

Iron play is fantastic right now. Driver and pitches are not so hot. Chipping is fine - it's the partial 54* shots from 20-50 yards out that are bad.

Iron play is fantastic right now. Driver and pitches are not so hot. Chipping is fine - it's the partial 54* shots from 20-50 yards out that are bad.

I'm in the exact same boat. It kills me when I'm hitting the irons so well to be so erratic with the driver. I'm hoping a new shaft (decreased flex from S to R) will help along with some quality range time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not a clue its winter. We'll find out January 16th.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The best part of my game lately has got to be putting. For the past 6 months or so, I've been putting lights out and it's been noticed by my playing partners. A bunch of guys have asked me to play in the Fort Bragg Commander's Scramble just because of my putting. I would say that my putting is on par with a single digit handicap player.

The worst part of my game is tee shots. Not just with driver, but anything that I hit off a tee box. I know it's all in my head, but I've seen 36 handicappers that drive better than I do. Finished off my round today pretty well though, so there's promise there at least.

So what saves you on the course and what is your nemesis?

You and me are on the same page right now to a tee (pun intended). My putting has been getting better and better and with the new PTM I just picked up I honestly think it will get even better. I'm extremely confident in my lines right now.

My tee shots are killing me, brutally. I can spray a driver left or right at a moments notice depending on how I swing (I think I need a heavier shaft than what I have, might tame it a bit) but it's carrying over to my tee shots on par 3's or even par 4's where I use a hybrid or iron to get the layup distance I want. When I miss EVERY par 3 green for the past month because when I stand over the tee shot I just seize up I know it's in my head but I can't seem to cleanse it.

Everything in between is just like always, mediocre. When my tee game is ok I can shoot mid 80's (occasionally dipping into the low 80's) because I can putt and chip well enough to save my messes from the fairway but when the tee game is off it's just depressing.

worst getting off the tee box-second worst is mental and goes hand in hand with my tee game

saving grace is my wedge game

Off the tee, I'm hitting really well. 10 to 12 fairways per round. Also putting really well after adding some lead tape to the putter -might be mental thing more than anything-

Gotta get my approach shots under control. 6 GIR in a round isn't gonna cut it

I am hitting my irons really well so ball striking is my best part right now. My driver is pretty inconsistent right now as well as my hybrid play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worst
Driver off the tee

Best
Probably irons

best- mid & short iron game. puring everything with 7-pw..
worst- driver. getting the yips and not making a confident swing...

Best: probably a tie between putting and driver. I've been absolutely smoking that stage 2 since I got it, although the cold is definitely robbing me of some yardage.

Worst: wedges. Fat, thin, all ugly, all the time.

Best: Long & mid irons. I'm really comfortable with 4-7
Worst: Driver. Pull hooks, slices anything but straight...confidence is just really low atm

Best: walking
Worst: hitting with a club

Seriously...my chipping seems to be really strong right now, but that could change and something else becomes my strong point. My worst has recently become my bunker play. I seem to be too afraid to hit the ball too hard out of fear of overhtting so I hit it soft, usually 2-3 times to get out of the sand. Quite frustrating.

For me it's my long game on the fairway, anything that needs distance on longer par 4's/5's I struggle with. Hoping my newly purchased 4h will help me out. Recently I've been good off the tee and within 150 I can more or less find greens/fringes, but give me 160+ to the pin and I get strife.

I'm happy with my putting at the moment. Improved my avg putts/hole from 2.02 tot 1.79 in the last 6 months. I need to work on my long pitches.

Consistency would be what I need to work on

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Worst. Chipping. I've been working on it and feel it's improving, but it's easily costing me 5 shots or more a round.
Best. Full swing Wedges. If I have between 90-125 into the green I'm feeling pretty good.

Best part - making good contact will all clubs
Worst part. Seem to be pulling 80 of my shots slightly

Best is by far the driver right now, the worst has to be putting it has been for a long time.

Back