That's what I'm looking for. I have a crate rfx 30 watt amp now and it just doesn't have that tube tone to it. It does have a tube preamp but that's not giving me the tone I want.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm looking for. I have a crate rfx 30 watt amp now and it just doesn't have that tube tone to it. It does have a tube preamp but that's not giving me the tone I want.

Yeah, you need the whole power tube section, the lower tubes add so much to my tone, i drive the power tunes hard and it gives some sweet breakup. I use a clean boost to push the tubes harder during leads and solos and it sounds like heaven.

I would definitely check out the vox night train, they are much more affordable than the orange, and offer more control for shaping your tone, i just sold a head with a vox cab for $450

Yeah, you need the whole power tube section, the lower tubes add so much to my tone, i drive the power tunes hard and it gives some sweet breakup. I use a clean boost to push the tubes harder during leads and solos and it sounds like heaven.

I would definitely check out the vox night train, they are much more affordable than the orange, and offer more control for shaping your tone, i just sold a head with a vox cab for $450

I have been looking at the blackstar ht-1 1 watt amp also it looks like a nice amp. I've watch a few YouTube video demos of it sounds beastly for a 1 watt head.

I like the price of the night train amp. That plays a lot in choice of a practice amp since I just mess around at home.

Musicians???

I have been looking at the blackstar ht-1 1 watt amp also it looks like a nice amp. I've watch a few YouTube video demos of it sounds beastly for a 1 watt head.

I like the price of the night train amp. That plays a lot in choice of a practice amp since I just mess around at home.

I say get the black star, the most versatile amp I own is my black star Ht-20, the emulated output is great for situations that require it and the tone is unbelievable, I usually drive the clean Chanel, and that alone is sufficient.

I've played it through a 4x12 cab multiple times miced through a PA system and it rocks the house down

Welp, turns out the amp still works. Checkered plugged it in and it hummed right to life. Looked so mashed to me that I didn't bother even trying to turn it on...D'oh!!! It definitely needs a new case though, not sure how much that will cost.

Welp, turns out the amp still works. Checkered plugged it in and it hummed right to life. Looked so mashed to me that I didn't bother even trying to turn it on...D'oh!!! It definitely needs a new case though, not sure how much that will cost.

You don't know how torn I was on telling you. LOL Nah really it was an easy decision. I'll look it over more thoroughly over the weekend and let you know what else I find.

You don't know how torn I was on telling you. LOL Nah really it was an easy decision. I'll look it over more thoroughly over the weekend and let you know what else I find.

Haha thanks man. Like I said even if it works flawlessly I'm at least gonna let you hang onto it for a while and play it, cause I can't use it in my apartment...it's a beast, and if it works it would be a shame for it to sit unused.

I am not learning the guitar by any means but I am looking to pick it back up and this sounds like a crap ton of fun

zepureve.jpg

TTing

I am not learning the guitar by any means but I am looking to pick it back up and this sounds like a crap ton of fun

zepureve.jpg

TTing

It is. I picked this up 3 weeks ago and think I'm averaging 1 1/2 hours on it per day. I have all the songs from the original version as well. Tons of songs and most are way over my skill level. I play both the rhythm parts on electric and other times I play the bass stuff. The Who songs they just released are a complete hoot to play.

Speaking of Epiphone, I used to have a white Les Paul custom like on the box, wicked guitar.
have fun playing it looks like fun.

zepureve.jpg

TTing

Musicians???

LOL this is so fun and surprisingly difficult!!

TTing

is this the game you plug a real guitar into the xbox?

What guitar did you get with it

I'm playing my own fender. You get a patch cord that goes into the USB. You can play your own just like plugging into an amp

TTing

That's cool man, what kind of fender do you have

Dudebros,

Those of you who know me are familiar with my PRS love (and if you're not just go back one page haha). I was surfing the used inventory at my local guitar center and they have one of these in stock for $399:

100968_l.jpg

I've always wanted a Custom 24 in blue, so I was like, "IT MUST BE DESTINY" haha. Long story short, I talked to my g/f and she is down with helping me buy it!

Anybody have any experience with the SE series? I've played the Custom 24 before, but the American made one, so I'm curious how the SE compares. The American one is an absolute dream, but I'm not in a position to be dropping that kind of money on a guitar, so I'm hoping this is a suitable substitute. I have an Epi LP 100 now, but it's definitely a beginner guitar and just doesn't cut the cheese anymore for me and I'm looking to upgrade.

Dudebros,

Those of you who know me are familiar with my PRS love (and if you're not just go back one page haha). I was surfing the used inventory at my local guitar center and they have one of these in stock for $399:

100968_l.jpg

I've always wanted a Custom 24 in blue, so I was like, "IT MUST BE DESTINY" haha. Long story short, I talked to my g/f and she is down with helping me buy it!

Anybody have any experience with the SE series? I've played the Custom 24 before, but the American made one, so I'm curious how the SE compares. The American one is an absolute dream, but I'm not in a position to be dropping that kind of money on a guitar, so I'm hoping this is a suitable substitute. I have an Epi LP 100 now, but it's definitely a beginner guitar and just doesn't cut the cheese anymore for me and I'm looking to upgrade.

Thats a great price man!

I've heard the SE's are still good guitars. Korean made, but still good QC on them, so better than the chinese or vietnamese outsourced manufacturing. All just what I've heard though. Seems like a great price. I'd say buy it, bring it over and lets see how she does. :D

Thats a great price man!

I've heard the SE's are still good guitars. Korean made, but still good QC on them, so better than the chinese or vietnamese outsourced manufacturing. All just what I've heard though. Seems like a great price. I'd say buy it, bring it over and lets see how she does. :D

Thanks dudes! Yeah it's a killer price, but I have to head over after work today and check it out to see if it's too good to be true. If everything jives, I'll be all over that puppy! I've seen a lot of good reviews online, but just wanted to see what my fellow THP guitar-heads thought :D

And John, it will DEFINITELY be coming by for a jam sesh if I pull the trigger haha. As long as it's in good shape I'm sure it'll beat the crap out of my Epi!

DONE

Pics forthcoming :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Sexy PRS baby!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387600196641.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387600196641.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm an old school lefty. Got my 52 reissue butterscotch Tele and a ' 75 Fender Musicmaster bass. Fun fun.

You got it! Congrats! I still haven't found a PRS that I wanted to take home. A friend of mine up north was a recording artist in Nashville and PRS made him a custom single cut away, and I would have loved to take that one but it's one of a kind haha

DONE

Pics forthcoming :D

Back