Tis the season Giveaway!! READ THE RULES!!!

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
THP is a special place, and I'd like to give back a little.
I will purchase 3 drawstring bags to give away.
I will not choose who gets one, YOU will.

And this is how.

First, post a quick thought about what THP means to you, a short story, maybe an experience, anything, post it and also PLEASE preface your thought with the word ENTRY. And only post one thought.

Then, wait, read them all and THANK your favorite story when it's time. Based on the top 3 thanked posts, those individuals will be sent bags.

Everyone only gets ONE vote (thank), you can vote at any time, but only once.

The first deadline for the stories is next Tuesday night at 11 PM (EST).12/24
Then voting Must be done by 11PM by next Thursday. 12/26.

So, THP thank you for being there for so many people.

So everyone, what is is that you love, what are your stories, experiences?

Wow very cool. I will think about this and respond.

Awesome, CJ. Just awesome.

Does yours count CJ? Haha this is so awesome and the drawstring bags are very nice!

Very cool, MS!

What if someone thanks more than one post? Only the first one counts?

Glad to see such generosity among members. I look forward to seeing the responses. Truly an amazing gesture CJ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drawstring bags are very nice! Someone who can't afford one will be very thankful.

Very cool, MS!

What if someone thanks more than one post? Only the first one counts?

I won't count any of duplicates.
Other than those who thank me (not needed, but I won't be getting a bag) so those who sent in a thank to the first post please vote for someone else also!

So if you vote more than once, you lose your vote except in my initial post.

Very awesome contest, CJ. I will definitely be back in to read the responses and place my ONE Thanks before the end of this.

Do we have to participate to vote? I don't like drawstring bags, but I think what you're doing is awesome and I want to be involved somehow.

Do we have to participate to vote? I don't like drawstring bags, but I think what you're doing is awesome and I want to be involved somehow.

Absolutely no entry needed to vote!
Please vote. This thread should hopefully fill up with great stories!

First off, CJ, this is such a cool thing to do, and I think YOU represent the best parts about THP. That being said, I do want to share why this place is so special to me, and whether I get a backpack or not really doesn't matter because being a member here is more than enough of a reward. Warning, this might get a little wordy, so I'll understand if you don't read it, but I really want to share it.

ENTRY: I joined THP shortly before the 2013 MC because I read on facebook that IceyShanks, a friend of mine from my childhood through high school, was in this golf event. After reading about it, I thought it was such a cool event, and I'll fully admit that my first thought was $500 for a whole set of clubs, where do I sign up?? I joined the forums and started reading a lot and posting a little and trying to catch up on this thing called the Morgan Cup. When the the coverage came out, I watched every round, mostly just looking for Kyle because I didn't know anyone else, and thought it was kind of cool. I watched the celebration coverage and honestly thought it was silly that a bunch of guys (Josh in particular, sorry!) were crying over a golf tournament because I really didn't know anyone, didn't know the significance of the event, or anything about it, and had personally never been moved enough by golf at that point to have those emotions.

Then I started reading all of the recaps, and watching the recap videos (LOVED the recap videos), and noticed a trend that all of these guys from all over the country were talking about friendships and brotherhood, and I started to get a little jealous of these bonds that everyone had formed, and I wanted to make those connections for myself. Since becoming a member, I've figured out why Josh was crying at the MC, and I don't think it's silly when Kevin posts a very personal video recap of the Grandaddy (got a little dusty for me to see such raw emotions); I think it is AMAZING how this community centered around golf has brought so many people together and changed so many lives. I've never met 99% of the members on this forum, but I would do everything in my power to help any one of you if you needed me to; I can't even say that about a dozen people in my own town and I've met many more than that. THP is that diamond in the rough we call the internet because the anonymity usually leads to the lowest common denominator, but not at THP; somehow Josh and Morgan have figured out how to create a community that brings out the best in people, and attracts the best people in the world, and I'm so thankful I get to be a part of it.

TL;DR: I LOVE THP!

Awesome Mr Slice, great Idea and awesome way to give back

First thing...CJ..or is it Barb :) Very cool thing to do..truly shows the spirit of the season and of being a THP'er.

NebGolfer..I don't want to vote just yet, but yours is the leader in the clubhouse, and not just because it's the first post. Truly amazing story, and mine (which I will share soon) is not too unsimilar.

wow...we only get one thanks...that's going to be the toughest thing yet!!

First thing...CJ..or is it Barb :) Very cool thing to do..truly shows the spirit of the season and of being a THP'er.

NebGolfer..I don't want to vote just yet, but yours is the leader in the clubhouse, and not just because it's the first post. Truly amazing story, and mine (which I will share soon) is not too unsimilar.

wow...we only get one thanks...that's going to be the toughest thing yet!!

I want to thank this post, but CJ puts all these crazy rules out so I can't. :)

Personally I can't wait to read all the stories about what THP means to different folks.

This is very cool CJ! Its always great to see members helping members.

What an awesome idea, WTG man!

Ha....this is pretty cool. But looks like you are winning the thanks contest already! Merry Christmas!

Wow..great idea CJ. Glad you figured out your way of giving back...I remember the thread when you were coming up with ideas....N e who I shall submit my thoughts, bare with me as I can be long finger ' ed at times...

I found thp many times during my return to the game of chasing a ball.. it's just as Robin Williams has described it..lol. I truthfully would read reviews on clubs and other equipment as I was looking to update my bag. I truly thought it was a great idea to give avid golfers to test these clubs because seriously we are the ones spending a lot of money and there is no better person to give Un bias reviews.. so I decided to join the forum to try and be a part of this and to communicate with others just as much into this game as me.
Dawg pm'd a couple minutes after I joined. Asking me where I lived and that "we" have a good following in georgia. I put we in quotes because I was already included in something I had just joined. Dawg is also the man who kept the SS thing going and that was somwthing truly amazing. So many people giving ojt of the kindness of their heart and doing research on somebody they probably disnt even know..thp style. So by some weird chance I get votes send my bag to dawg...He deserves it way more than me. There was no newbie talk or you have to earn your stripes before your excepted. It's just a family atmosphere and a showing that real people exist. To show even more of this I've been a part of forums that if you sent a pm to a mod or a owner holy he'll you'd catch grief. I even apologized in the pm and EVERYONE I have pm'd has been more than kind.. I bought a club from cookie and in the package he gave me a poker chip from thp just because. Many will never understand about thp. Many join for a various of reasons. The great part is it doesn't matter why or when you joined, it's about the epic journeys and friendships you obtain for just being yourself...

Great idea and wonderful gesture.

ENTRY
I took up golf in July of 2012, while I was still living in GA, after going to a company tournament. That's when I found THP.
I packed up my clothes, clubs and 90% of what I owned and moved to Dallas, Texas at the end of that August. I knew a few people here but they were old clients and I wanted to branch out and meet new people. I'll add that my wife stayed behind in GA until Jan '13. I was fairly homesick and lonely most of the time. I started reading the forum more and more every night and trying to work on my game all weekend. I mean, why should I be sitting by myself when I could be out meeting new people in my new home? The more I read the forum and interacting the more I noticed members in the area. There was a post about an unofficial outing and I jumped at the chance. Now, I wasn't any good (marginally better now) but I'm a social person and figured what the heck. I stunk up the course but met Dtak, AFWCardinal, Cookie, Niteowl, Nate and a host of other people. I was able to put faces to my "internet friends". Fast forward to the Texas Invitational. I meet even more awesome THPers, JJMorris, JMan, Zenger, JB, GG, Tadashi, Buckjob and a host of others.
As childish as it sounds, every person I met didn't care that I wasn't any good at this game. They didn't care that my drawl is a little different than a Texas twang. I felt like I was instantly accepted into the group and made to feel welcome. As an "outsider", having someone walk up and shake your hand and say "Thanks for joining us" that meant a lot to me.
That's just the people. The move was somewhat hard on my wife, which in turn, made it hard on me. I don't want to think of the amount of rants I've thrown out there from pure frustration of seeing her miserable and knowing I couldn't do a think about it. Every person here offered support, kind words and reassurance. When I see someone post about a death or sickness or troubled times, I might not put it in writing but my thoughts go out to them. We really are a highly dysfunctional family here. We might bicker back and forth put when it comes down to it, we're there for each other.
I've said it a couple of times but some forums I've been active in fizzled out or died because folks just couldn't get along. It's not that way here.
So, that's my story.

A lot of good things going on with THP right now!

What do you love about THP? What's a great story of life in general?

Love reading the stories so far!

THP means a place to go that's full of friends and family where I always feel accepted. THP means friendship. THP means my 2nd home. THP means awesome.

at least to me it does..

I want to thank this post, but CJ puts all these crazy rules out so I can't. :)

Personally I can't wait to read all the stories about what THP means to different folks.

I know right. I almost hit the Thanks tab instead of quote for this.

So many great stories, but that's only befitting the greatest site on the web.

Please hold all your Thanks...ha

Hey, let's get these entries in!

You guys need those drawstring bags right?

Back