A thread for SoCal golfers.

We appear to be down to three:
White Rhino
ironcondor
swampertwo

Anyone in the Inland Empire area want to play Champions Club on Wed. the 18th?? Room for one more..............
Jeff

I'll make it 4

Should arrive in Whittier/SFS on Monday (16th); Will stay over at my brothers and stay in Corona Tuesday night, since it's an 8.am. tee. Depending on how I feel afterward, I'll either make the 4 hour drive to Mesa or stay another night.

Last edited:
We appear to be down to three:
White Rhino
ironcondor
swampertwo

Anyone in the Inland Empire area want to play Champions Club on Wed. the 18th?? Room for one more..............
Jeff

I'm looking at the course layout.... is there a decision on which tees we will play? Beautiful Course.

The whites are punishing enough--I think that's more than enough. White Rhino has played the course 4 times so would be a better "local knowledge source" than I am.
Look forward to seeing you again--and to meet ironcondor and renew with WR.

The whites are punishing enough--I think that's more than enough. White Rhino has played the course 4 times so would be a better "local knowledge source" than I am.
Look forward to seeing you again--and to meet ironcondor and renew with WR.

Yeah... looking at the course sheet, the whites are plenty challenging... Nice looking course... Looking forward to meeting you all there.

1490788_10151903378593401_43291252_o.jpg

I will play whatever tees you guys want!! it won't matter for me at Champions....its the left/right that will be my problem. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah... looking at the course sheet, the whites are plenty challenging... Nice looking course... Looking forward to meeting you all there.

1490788_10151903378593401_43291252_o.jpg

That hole is a bear. Getting proper carry and trajectory is key. Even if you stick the green the ball can go rolling off the back into the water.

I don't know what WR is talking about---that course chewed me up and spit me out....EVERYTHING except the tee boxes was sloped/humped/canted (and I think some tees were, too). Definitely a finesse/course management required play, (too bad I didn't use the "hints to play" before I actually hit shots:angry::banghead:

I'll post a couple pics shortly.

I don't know what WR is talking about---that course chewed me up and spit me out....EVERYTHING except the tee boxes was sloped/humped/canted (and I think some tees were, too). Definitely a finesse/course management required play, (too bad I didn't use the "hints to play" before I actually hit shots:angry::banghead:

I'll post a couple pics shortly.

Ok the course sucked, we all played like crap but we all had a good time cause we were out playing golf!! (Better?? )

LOL.

Like I said, WR....I feel like I am at the dentist when I am playing there. Ultimately will keep you "healthy" and on your toes, but those greens were like root canals. Usually I am relieved to be on a green....not so today. They might as well have been concrete. And the pin placement!!! argggggg make the torture stop!!

Also to be honest...that was some of the better golf I have played (putting aside). I have never hit so consistently straight off of the tee.

I was going to contest "played well"...

Yes, if you've played this course, you know that is an outright lie. lol

Yes, if you've played this course, you know that is an outright lie. lol

No, I know WR. :)

I am going there next week - 26th or 27th.
I recent broke my elbow and will make my return next week.

I'd stay in a cast for a while longer:D if I were you.
They had the pins in "tournament" placement, part way down slopes, right at the top edge of slope, etc. Number 2 was at the extreme back left corner of the green-about 4 feet from the front and left edge, AND on a slope and guarded by a bunker right in front.:angry:

I was going to contest "played well"...

Keep quiet you little bug!!!

Sorry to hear about your elbow, I would not have my first round back at this course… especially the way you play!! :p

About playing The Champions Club at the Retreat, with THPers Jeff, Brian, and Gordon.... a single word comes to mind that covers the course and playing golf with these guys..... WOW!

I did manage to make the 6 hour drive to Mesa, AZ after our outing. All is well. Although.... I will be licking my wounds, from the beating that monster of a course gave me, for a few days. Gonna go play a local executive course tomorrow and see if I can get some of my self-esteem back.

Hey guys I'm in palm desert area.... Just moved here but I can't find a golf range too go to..... I've called 4 and there not open too the public..... Kinda not wanting too play golf here anymore.... Every golf pro I have talked too has been a real douche..... Any palm desert or palm spring people who can show me the ropes?

Hey guys I'm in palm desert area.... Just moved here but I can't find a golf range too go to..... I've called 4 and there not open too the public..... Kinda not wanting too play golf here anymore.... Every golf pro I have talked too has been a real douche..... Any palm desert or palm spring people who can show me the ropes?

You should check out Indian Wells golf resort. The staff there is incredibly amazing! First class service and a true of a kind course. Check it out =]
a2uqahyr.jpg

Handy manny are they open too the public ... It's actually like 6 minutes from my house

Just out in your area at The Hideaway for a THP event. Fantastic time.

When will that be happening I'm totally interested

Back