Tis the season Giveaway!! READ THE RULES!!!

Ok, I have done a few contest entries this week that required a lot of thought, this is one that just requires me talking about THP. How easy is that?

Entry:
I've only been a member here since July, had never even heard of the site before that, and I spend a lot of time on the web. Some of you here know I was a long time member of the other big site, for many years and had never really thought or felt the need to look for another site. Although I had grown a little weary of the general vibe of that site.

Then one day, I saw Chad reference something about this called The Morgan Cup on Twitter. So of course, I clicked on the @Hackersparadise Twitter link and saw the profile which led me to the site...#Boom, my internet life changed overnight.

When I logged on to the site, I of course went to the Morgan Cup thread, since that's what got my attention on Twitter. Then I read more. The thing that struck me as a first time visitor, was that it seemed like all 18,000 members (at that time) were literally close personal friends. Seriously, they were talking about recent rounds together, each other’s families, jobs...etc.

The second thing that struck me was the unbelievable positive attitude of the entire site. I could not find one thread that was filled with hate or ranting on something, (I later found the Rant thread...ha). This could not be, I said to myself, after all, I was online and none of you could hear me. There has to be a thread that is controversial or has people yelling at each other.

So naturally I searched Tiger Woods, there has to be some good hate going on there back and forth right. The thread was/is over 5 years old I believe and I can't tell you how many pages. I read the first 10, which were pretty much the day of his incident. Again, not one hate-filled post.

I skimmed--I know JB, I have since learned that's frowned upon here :)--a hundred or so pages ahead at a time, still not negativity or hate, unbelievable!!

So, I found myself following The Morgan Cup thread like many others. I was at a disadvantage as I didnt' know any of the participants, their personalities, backgrounds etc. Yet, I couldn't wait to see the video coverage of it. Again, I was glued to it, and still did not know anybody really. The closing night dinner remarks by JB had my room very dusty, as I've come to learn to say. Freddie’s comment about "This isn't an internet site, not for these guys. This is a family"...blew me away and I had Goosebumps. Sorry Freddie, if I got a word or two wrong, but I think that was the gist of it. That is now how I feel about this family.

I have still yet to meet any member in person, with the exception of a few local Maryland guys that I "recruited" to the site. However, that will change for sure in June at the SeeMore event, then two weeks later at the OC Invitational. I hope it also changes at either TheKing or TheMorgan Cup itself.

i want to part of the Morgan Cup so badly, just like everyone else. I almost feel I need to go as a volunteer my first year and let some of the other longer-term member experience it. I know that isn't the official thought by any means at all.

Would I enjoy the 14-club sponsorship and be proud to wear any one of those logos, absolutely I would. But if you told me we were going to play with a bunch of clubs found in a local garage sale, I'd still say sign me up. What I really want to be part of is the camaraderie, the fellowship, the team spirit. I want to feel the nerves as I stand over a 4-foot putt knowing our match is on the line and my partner is standing by helplessly watching. I want to feel the excitement of standing by the 18th green watching as the final group of my team comes up the fairway with the cup in balance, and cheer my teammates on with all the energy I have left. I want to feel the utter joy or heartbreak of the post cup hugs and celebrations.

Most of all, I want to be able to listen to Josh and Morgan talk about another cup and what it has meant to them, and to be able to hug them afterward and thank them for establishing this wonderful site.

Morgan Cup and other events aside, the most joy from this site comes from the day-to-day interactions with my new family. I love laughing at Nate’s vines; I love the passion all the staffers have for making this site what it is and taking it to new levels. They care about it, and we probably have no idea how much time and energy they put into this place.

I love how positive so many people are here and i'm going to miss way too many names, but i have to mention..Dawg Daddy, War Eagle, MikeDean, Tequila4Kapp, Icy Shanks, Coers, TyJohnston, TexasHacker, Dev, Cookie,Hawk, JMan, TheCrest, CplJohn, (Barry, I can never get your screen name right and it's not that difficult) MWard, of course MichiganSlice, as just a few who have either reached out to me or make everyday a joy for me to escape the real world pressures.

I've probably gone on long enough, but I hope I have conveyed how much this site has affected me in just the past 6 months. I can't imagine what the years ahead hold.

What an awesome gesture!

JM

Giving this a tis the season for great stories bump. With everything going on didn't want this to fall to low on the list..

I found THP while searching for G20 driver reviews. I saw the user reviews and was intrigued that such a thing existed - not professional reviews, not short snippets from people posting to retail sites, but honest robust feedback over a prolonged time from real people. Awesome. I was intrigued and poked around a little more. Over time I found and participated in more stuff, all of it great. I'm now on here all the time and love it.

My favorite thing about THP is the random acts of kindness among people who really are strangers, but for this place.
> I asked a member to bring me a scorecard from St Andrews and he mailed me a whole packet of goodies.
> I made a public comment about ferrules and two members mailed me product, each refusing payment for the ferrules or shipping.
> A member that I don't think has a lot went out of his way to give me a gift as a thank you for a gesture.
> I put out a request to borrow a driver and a member offered up three drivers, let me choose the one I wanted and wouldn't let me pay for shipping.
> Vegan paid for my round and put together a bag of clubs for me to use so I wouldn't have to pay for rentals while traveling to his hometown.
> c0ncept reached out to me out of the blue while traveling through town and wanted to play; we have developed a nice little friendship out of that one round of golf.
> I expressed interest in a ball and a member offered to send me some.
> d_in_la tried to give me a set of TM clubs so I could use the shafts.

I have had the opportunity to pay it forward - which has been at least as rewarding as receiving - and hope my personal THP ledger is at least close to even. This barely scratches the surface. There are a million other examples among other members. It is awesome and what makes THP such a special place.

Last edited:
Tis the season Giveaway!! READ THE RULES!!!

Awesome gesture CJ.

Entry:
So how did I find THP??? By chance! It all started when my wife said she was purchasing me a new set of irons for my birthday. The catch was I had to read reviews on every set I looked at. So I said to myself, "where can I find reviews, ahh the internet!" So there my search started...I typed RBZ reviews and the first hit I received was from a site called "The Hackers Paradise". At first thought I was reluctant to even to click on the link. Hackers threw me off. Didn't know if it was an internet site where the moment I clicked on the link my personal information was gone. Lol. So I clicked and found out my personal information wouldn't be stolen, BUT every second of my free time would be. From that moment I have found a family that I never knew I had. A great group of guys and gals whom for most I would never meet in person. Finding this community has allowed me to come to grips with some decisions I've made over the last few years. Everyone here is so open to provide opinions, challenges, and utmost compassion. In my opinion without those three qualities this place would be just like all the other sites out there. Josh and Morgan strived to create something special...and that's just what they did and more. There honestly isn't a day that I don't stop by, browse through the forums and leave with a smile or feeling better about myself.

By the way...that was the only club review I read and I purchased the irons.

Thank you THP!

Last edited:
CJ your too awesome for doing this and are one heck of a fella.

THP is truly an amazing place. I joined here like many others looking after looking at amazing club reviews by the amazing members here.

My first event was the unofficial Ohio tour van stop and I got paired with JB talk about nervous. Here I was a newb and a hack teeing it up with the owner of the site and I played awful but was never judged on my game. I met Zenger that day as well a friend who I've opened my house to for him to stay at.

Since that day I've met some amazing people I have shared rounds, drinks and more with. I've driven hrs to tee it up with friends I've met here, shared texts, my home, helped guys move and reached out anyway I could when I thought some body needed anything even if was just a PM. All because every member I've met at an event or gathering has become part of my family.

THP is just truly an amazing place and its not because of the golf or gear yeah they play a role. It's the truly amazing people that belong here and make this place a community, that make THP so special for all of us and makes every other forum jealous.

That's my story and my 3cents

CJ, what a wonderful idea to really bring the extended THP family together ... and that's exactly why my THP story is about: how amazing and supportive THP is to each and every member.

ENTRY:

A quick review of various threads will tell you this, but truly, the members here are always going the extra mile. From the random offers to send clubs, shafts and other golf related items all the way to words of support during the dark days each of us go through in our lives. At the first Bridgestone Invitational in Vegas I was lucky to be paired with Shanep. Outside of the fun we had, we talked about all kinds of things going on in our worlds. I had mentioned how much I will be looking forward to future THP events as it is easy to build those dates as milestones - in my case for my goal of turning my health around. Truly, if I can make another Fall event, I want to be half the man I am now.

Well a couple days ago, during a game of Words with Friends, Shane asked me how I was progressing. I was absolutely floored he remembered after all these months! I cannot express how motivating it was...is.

It isn't always the big grand things that make this place special (although there is lots of that), it truly is the little things. So thank you THP and thank you Shane. That small gesture was huge to me.

Just finished reading the thread, what a great idea MS and a very kind gesture for sure. Some great stories in this thread and I will certainly be looking forward to reading the incoming entries and then trying to decide which to vote for.

Keep em coming!
I just got the bags in today!

What turn around time, fast shipping by GolferGal!

Last edited:
Keep em coming!
I just got the gags in today!

What turn around time, fast shipping by GolferGal!

WHOA WHOA WHOA! That's not what I signed up for...

Come on, guys, get your stories in. CJ is trying to do a really nice thing, and all you have to do is say why you love THP. Let's see a lot more stories today, because the deadline is tonight!

A little bump for a CJ and his generosity.

CJ This is awesome of you to do. Just wanted to thank you. This sort of thing is just the epitome of all that is awesome around here. So many great people and so much love. Truly amazing. Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Ok vote away, all stories will be considered, some I noticed didn't put entry.

Some amazing stories in here...gl all

There are, I will be reading through them tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, time to announce winners.

Everyone who posted their story here will get a bag!!!
(Provided the required quantities are available)

I appreciate those who took the time to tell us what makes THP a special place to you.

NebGolfer
Golferbest
Matthew
CAA_Beat
Tequilla4Kapp
Mmaynard11
GolfinFF
D_in_la

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did let me know!

I appreciate it!
Those who took the time to read through the stories, thank you!

Happy holidays guys, and thanks!

CJ

Way to go, MS!

Dude that's awesome. What a sweet little twist. Well done!

Ok, time to announce winners.

Everyone who posted their story here will get a bag!!!
(Provided the required quantities are available)

I appreciate those who took the time to tell us what makes THP a special place to you.

NebGolfer
Golferbest
Matthew
CAA_Beat
Tequilla4Kapp
Mmaynard11
GolfinFF
D_in_la

Hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did let me know!

I appreciate it!
Those who took the time to read through the stories, thank you!

Happy holidays guys, and thanks!

CJ

CJ, you are just a rock star. I am really shocked more people didn't want to say why they love THP, but I appreciated the opportunity to tell my story. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Very cool M Slice! Awesome!

Slice is another reason THP is THP. There is an abundance of generosity here!

Back