Center Shafted Mallet putters for us lefties

Adam Hartzell

Yup, I'm a lefty.
Reaction score
Handicap
Lately my eyes have really been drawn to center shafted mallet putters. Being left handed, it isn't easy finding the perfect club that fits your eyes as well as your putting stroke. I'm well aware of all the current offerings and if Seemore made the z3c in LH or Scotty made GoLo S in LH, I would own both of those. Most likely in a counterbalanced version.

I'm wondering if there may be any older, discontinued models that fit my needs that I just don't know about. I did buy an old Ping C67 for $15 off the used rack that I really like, but I can't help wonder if there isn't something else.

SeeMore SB1
SeeMore SB2
SeeMore M5x CS

I've seen all of Seemore's offerings and I like a few of them. The m3 and FGP Mallet are my current favorites.

I've seen all of Seemore's offerings and I like a few of them. The m3 and FGP Mallet are my current favorites.

As a fellow lefty truthfully it is really difficult to find anything CS. Seemore is your best bet. They have a good variety of LH CS putters. For example, Odyssey's new lines this year will have zero LH CS putters in them. I have long wanted a SeeMore M3. Such an awesome shape. Maybe give an Si3 a shot. Same headshape for the most part of the M3, CS with an insert.

As a fellow lefty truthfully it is really difficult to find anything CS. Seemore is your best bet. They have a good variety of LH CS putters. For example, Odyssey's new lines this year will have zero LH CS putters in them. I have long wanted a SeeMore M3. Such an awesome shape. Maybe give an Si3 a shot. Same headshape for the most part of the M3, CS with an insert.

I've rolled the si3 and didn't like he feel the insert gave. I have not found an m3 to roll so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on one. The FGP mallet should fit my stroke a little better than the m3 does anyway. I have a very straight stroke under normal conditions. If it is off there is a slight arc on the back stroke but straight through after impact.

I know that TaylorMade made the Spider Ghost and the Manta available in CS in LH, but I've always liked the look and performance of SeeMore.

If you haven't rolled one, try the Ping Scottsdale TR Piper C. Really is a great putter.

If you haven't rolled one, try the Ping Scottsdale TR Piper C. Really is a great putter.

It looks identical to the C67 only with an insert. I'll have to find one to try.

There are a couple old school Bettinardi Ben Hogan "Big Ben"s that are center shafted at one of the local shops here. They're old school, and not as coveted as him normal namesake models, but I bought one yesterday, and this thing is buttery smooth. Can't beat it for $40, in my eyes.

I am with Ricky in that there isn't a lot of LH CS putters. I currently have a counter balanced FGP Original and really like the way it rolls.

Lately my eyes have really been drawn to center shafted mallet putters. Being left handed, it isn't easy finding the perfect club that fits your eyes as well as your putting stroke. I'm well aware of all the current offerings and if Seemore made the z3c in LH or Scotty made GoLo S in LH, I would own both of those. Most likely in a counterbalanced version.

I'm wondering if there may be any older, discontinued models that fit my needs that I just don't know about. I did buy an old Ping C67 for $15 off the used rack that I really like, but I can't help wonder if there isn't something else.

AM - give us a call on Thursday and we can discuss. 615-435-8015 - give us 10-15 minutes and we can save you putts! FYI - we do not have Flo working for us. Alex "the Roc" or Cody "pro" will be happy to help. ;))

AM - give us a call on Thursday and we can discuss. 615-435-8015 - give us 10-15 minutes and we can save you putts! FYI - we do not have Flo working for us. Alex "the Roc" or Cody "pro" will be happy to help. ;))

Thanks. I'm tied up all day Thursday, but I will call Friday for sure.

Back