UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

Condit had 15 seconds of being in control of that fight in the third round, then got put on his back. People mistake getting marked up for getting whooped. St. Pierre marks easily. He pretty much always has, though it's gotten worse in the past few fights because a) he's getting older, and wear & tear is cumulative, and; b) the past few fighters he's faced are arguably the most adroit strikers he's encountered.

There's nothing cumulative about bruising and swelling as a result of getting punched in the face. Absolutely not. GSP get's battered because GSP gets battered. He's taken so many punches in his recent fights and does very little damage to opponents. He takes them down and controls them from the top position for (what I would guess) is probably 15-20 minutes of 25 minute fights. He fights safe and he fights boring, and anybody that can deny that is lying. That's my $0.02, though.

There's nothing cumulative about bruising and swelling as a result of getting punched in the face. Absolutely not. GSP get's battered because GSP gets battered. He's taken so many punches in his recent fights and does very little damage to opponents. He takes them down and controls them from the top position for (what I would guess) is probably 15-20 minutes of 25 minute fights. He fights safe and he fights boring, and anybody that can deny that is lying. That's my $0.02, though.

GSP is an outstanding wrestler and a black belt in ju-jitsu why wouldn't he take some one down and control the fight on the ground?

Keep Calm and Golf On.

3.gif

My favorite part is that by now we've seen Anderson do enough stuff that it's still anyone's guess whether he's going to clown or come out to fight. Should be a good scrap. Still think Weidman takes it.

Fight of the night will be Ronda Rousey and challenger Miesha Tate imho.
Miesha_Tate_and_Ronda_Rousey_WeighIn_Strikeforce_10032734.jpg

Ok, who does everyone have tonight?

Rousey/Tate and Weidman/Silva

Ok, who does everyone have tonight?

Rousey/Tate and Weidman/Silva

Rousey/Tate is such a toss up I can't even say. I don't think Silva can be beat two times in a row. I really think Silva wins tonight.

Rousey/Tate is such a toss up I can't even say. I don't think Silva can be beat two times in a row. I really think Silva wins tonight.

Hm, I thought Weidman/Silva was the toss up. Has to be Rousey with an arm bar right?

Glad to see Uriah Hall get a win. He was so fun to watch on TUF.

He was talking about great people who passed. I get that but if you aren't going to mention military personnel you suck. Most Americans have forgotten that we are still at war but that is another topic. I have a very biased opinion but Paul Walker isn't as much of a tragedy as others.

Terrible speech after his win.

Worst speech ever...
I haven't watched UFC in ages and haven't seen Joe Roman since fear factor, not saying he's using test...but wow

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Pulling for Jim Miller because he walked out with CCR playing.

And because he has an awesome last name.

Rousey by arm bar. Not surprising. Tate held her own though. Fun fight to watch.

OMGGGG Silva's leg just snapped!!!! You don't want to see that replay ever.

That. Was. Gross.

OMGGGG Silva's leg just snapped!!!! You don't want to see that replay ever.

Of course they had to show it from 5 angles. That was the grossest injury I have ever seen.

Of course they had to show it from 5 angles. That was the grossest injury I have ever seen.

The absolute worst. I'll never get used to seeing a mortal Spider. Weidman is the man, though.

New move Silva was working on. Kick a man, break your leg, leg the rest of the leg try and knock the guy out.

Holy effing crap

New move Silva was working on. Kick a man, break your leg, leg the rest of the leg try and knock the guy out.

Holy effing crap

Like, how did his leg not fly into the crowd? WE NEED A DOCTOR'S EXPLANATION!!!!!

Like, how did his leg not fly into the crowd? WE NEED A DOCTOR'S EXPLANATION!!!!!

I actually got nauseous when they showed the 2nd angle. The crowd went dead silent. Could have done without Weidmans celebrating. Not like he won the fight. Not to mention one of the best fighters of all times career is likely over.

Wow just wow.

Back