Your Least Favorite Yardage

This weekend just proved that I still hate 25-50 yards. Each time I had that shot it was either 5 yards short or 10 yards past.

If I could just execute that perfect "Phil flop shot" that I make every time in my head, but never in real life, life would be good!

The 20-60 yard shots just grrrr. I need to spend a LOT more time working on these touch shots to get them better.

5-20 yds. 25+ or so I feel like I take a fractional version of the full wedge swing. When it gets closer is when I get into the most trouble. Nothing like taking 4 to get down from 8 yards off the green.

40 yards is very uncomfortable for me, fortunately I usually avoid that distance unless I was in trouble on my prior shot.

40-60 is where I really struggle. I need to start hitting one bucket of balls a week just for those distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 to 60. Feet. Too many three putts from that distance.

I think between 30-50 yards gives me the most trouble.

Anything under 50 or above 200.

Tee shots that require 200 yd carry. I'm not that long off the tee and those shots just intimidate me.

100-110. I'd rather hit 90 or 120 any day. Too many ideas of how the play the shot. I overthink it everytime.

80 yards...takes a perfect shot for me to hit that exact distance and generally I hit it 70 instead.

150-200. I can hit my 6i 200 yards and my PW 140ish on a good day. Never got around to dialing in my 7-9 irons so I usually take a gamble.

Those shots you can't comfortably reach, where you know the 4iron will be short and the hybrid will be way long.

Or the 30-50 yard bunkershot, in wet sand to make it worse.

I don't mind the 4' puts. I do mind the 15' chips downhill with massive break where you feel you'll never be able to stop the ball anywhere even near the hole.

I have a couple of yardages that I don't like:
190-205 yards which just don't work with the set up I carry.
30-40 yard pitch shots, I prefer to have 80-100 instead.

Long second shots on 410+ par 4s. I'm pretty solid with my driver just not terribly long, usually 225-240. 180+ usually means I'm laying up because I just don't have any consistency with anything past 6 iron.

60 to 70 yds has been unusually tough lately, I can't seem to get the spin anymore. I like it to bounce and stop and it's been releasing about 3 or 4 ft.

60 to 70 yds has been unusually tough lately, I can't seem to get the spin anymore. I like it to bounce and stop and it's been releasing about 3 or 4 ft.
That's me too, this is a yardage that just seems to eat my lunch. It used to be a target number, I've since backed that up to 85.

Anything that involves my driver, my severe fade kills me, and then I struggle with anything 80 yards or under but that's to do with the loft of my wedges I think which should be changing in a few weeks when I get a chance!

That's me too, this is a yardage that just seems to eat my lunch. It used to be a target number, I've since backed that up to 85.

Im just not making the clean contact for some reason, I'm going to try some different bounces and see if that helps, the ground here is really wet around the greens.

Im just not making the clean contact for some reason, I'm going to try some different bounces and see if that helps, the ground here is really wet around the greens.
Bounces and grinds changed for me, which did have an effect on my shot making, so some of this is was self induced pain lol. Short game work will be at the top of the list during the colder season here.

120 I struggle with this because it's not a 3/4 with my pitching wedge more like 85% and I can't quite get it with that sweet spot I'm either short or long...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

200. I hit my 5W about 190-195 but can't hit my old 3W off the deck. Hopefully my new Stage 2 helps.

40 yards and 210 yards

KG

Just Tapping Away

The 60-70 yard range has been giving me fits lately...more so because I have not practiced this yardage as much as I should. Something I hope to rectify this year.

Back