Tummy

Reaction score
Handicap
Tryin to figure out this driver and my ballon issues, I went to golfsmith and hit a few , heres the numbers any tips would be awesome, swing speed is down abit from normal 4 days into this damn cold ,I get order a pro launch red stiff shaft , current setup r1 with a stock 55 gram 9 degree

Normal ball flight a slice. Does the ball go left? You're either casting or coming over the top, be my guess.

Launch angle looks perfect. No need to lower that flight.

Moved to Swing Tips.

Your launch angle seems fine to me. The spin is high though.

Your launch angle seems fine to me. The spin is high though.

Judging by the azimuth and dispersion, looks like a slicer.

Start your down swing with your lower body.

Yea normal good swing will fade abit

And what would help getting the backspin numbers down

Hitting the bottom inside part of the ball.

Without video, we really have no clue what you are or are not doing.

You need to stop coming over the top. Work on getting your hands starting inside and starting the downswing with the lower body.

Hard to say without seeing your swing. One easy fix to the spin numbers may be to change your ball to a low spin ball like the Bridgestone B330. That may knock a bunch of spin off without changing anything else.

Based on the numbers you posted your back spin need to come down. The shaft is not a good fit for you.

As for the swing tips, I'd find a shaft before you start doing anything else

Based on the numbers you posted your back spin need to come down. The shaft is not a good fit for you.

As for the swing tips, I'd find a shaft before you start doing anything else

Freddie, why not work on the fault that is causing the high spin then find the shaft?

How do you know the fault?

I don't. But something is causing the problem. And I am not assuming its the shaft. I am not sure why.

I don't. But something is causing the problem. And I am not assuming its the shaft. I am not sure why.

Based on launch angles and the fact that he had a slight fade with high back spin speaks more to the shaft and flex then a swing flaw.

Based on launch angles and the fact that he had a slight fade with high back spin speaks more to the shaft and flex then a swing flaw.

You have a ton more experience than me. I will yield.

You have a ton more experience than me. I will yield.

It's not about yielding bro. I like the thinking but there are so many unknowns about the swing.

It's not about yielding bro. I like the thinking but there are so many unknowns about the swing.

Without video we are both guessing.

I have battled comming over the top my hole time ive played golf ,

I have battled comming over the top my hole time ive played golf ,

A slight fade doesn't constitute a serve OTT move. So you miss both right and left. Or was the shot you were seeing a slight fade

A good drive has a slight fade , I rarely miss left , badshot is a big slice , I have to always think bout the first move and not comming over the top

A good drive has a slight fade , I rarely miss left , badshot is a big slice , I have to always think bout the first move and not comming over the top

You asked how to reduce the ballooning. The back spin is causing that. Based on you launch angle you have a level swing or impact area. I would look into replacing the shaft you have to get the ball flight down.

You asked how to reduce the ballooning. The back spin is causing that. Based on you launch angle you have a level swing or impact area. I would look into replacing the shaft you have to get the ball flight down.

Get the spin down. Not the launch angle. Maybe a shaft with a stiff tip.

Back