UFC/Mixed Martial Arts

I actually got nauseous when they showed the 2nd angle. The crowd went dead silent. Could have done without Weidmans celebrating. Not like he won the fight. Not to mention one of the best fighters of all times career is likely over.

Yeah I put my hand over my screen. Couldn't see that again. Silva is the GOAT, in my opinion... Bones and Aldo could challenge if they keep it up though.

Like, how did his leg not fly into the crowd? WE NEED A DOCTOR'S EXPLANATION!!!!!

I'm a doctor, and I don't want to watch this replay at all.

Silver lining: Silva is about to get some REALLY good pain medication.

For those that watched: was it worse than when the Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware broke his leg in the tournament last year and the bone popped out?

I'm a doctor, and I don't want to watch this replay at all.

Silver lining: Silva is about to get some REALLY good pain medication.

For those that watched: was it worse than when the Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware broke his leg in the tournament last year and the bone popped out?

I say worse because they showed it 15 different times in super slow-motion! Both were awful though.

It wasn't worse than that or Lattimore.

Leg kick, blocked, leg broke and kinda wrapped half way around. Nasty, but not the worst I've ever seen.

I say worse because they showed it 15 different times in super slow-motion! Both were awful though.

Then the director needs to get slapped in the face. No one needs to see so many replays of something like that.

I could post a .gif if anyone wants...

It wasn't worse than that or Lattimore.

Leg kick, blocked, leg broke and kinda wrapped half way around. Nasty, but not the worst I've ever seen.

Yeah, I forgot about Lattimore. That was brutal, too. Did you see Bones Jones' toe after his fight? Not exactly a leg, but still gross.

I could post a .gif if anyone wants...

Yeah, I thought about it, but they can look it up if they want. No one needs to see that on a loop.

Yeah, I thought about it, but they can look it up if they want. No one needs to see that on a loop.
that was my thought as well...especially since I cannot get the image out of my head

Yeah, I forgot about Lattimore. That was brutal, too. Did you see Bones Jones' toe after his fight? Not exactly a leg, but still gross.

Oh man that was brutal. Right up against the mat and POP. He didn't even know till afterwards.

Had to run and wake my wife up to show her the clip of it on YouTube. She wishes I didn't lol..

Sad way for Silva's career to end as I have always enjoyed his fights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I see the still image, it looks like it broke a few inches above the ankle. Might not be totally career ending other than the age factor.

The more I see the still image, it looks like it broke a few inches above the ankle. Might not be totally career ending other than the age factor.

I think he's done. He won't challenge for a title again, IMO. No reason for him to, either. He has nothing to prove.

I think he's done. He won't challenge for a title again, IMO. No reason for him to, either. He has nothing to prove.

Silva almost done, GSP almost done. I mean.. If they promise no kicking...

I saw a video of it online. You know, I'm surprised that stuff doesn't happen more often actually. Those guys are always kicking like that and getting it blocked by the other dude's shin or knee. OUCH!!

Having had a bimallolear fracture in my mid-20's, it was 5 months before I could walk normally again. Two months in a cast, two months of physical therapy, another month slugging it out, then another month after that before I could run, and long after that before I could do a full squat again.

If Silva fights again, I'll be impressed. If he fights again before he's 40 I'll be amazed.

//googles Corey Hill haha

Never saw it, but one leg snapping is enough for me tonight.

Hill's was much higher on the leg, and so looked much worse, but aside from Hill's being so high as to affect the knee, I don't think there's a whole lot of difference. Maybe Silva got lucky and broke the talus and the fibula, but if he broke the tibia and the fibula, I think his fighting days are done. Shame, it looked like he was starting to find his cadence and range against Weidman.

Oh well, Machida middleweight champ, 2014!

Painful even reading about his break and I haven't even seen it. That sucks. Rough injury.

Just got back into cell service area... that was AWEFUL!! how that didn't become a compound fracture is beyond me, that was right up there with the guy I'm the NBA whose shin snapped this year. Ugh.... Weidman had a nice speech saying Silva will always be the greatest though, thought that was classy

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Having had a bimallolear fracture in my mid-20's, it was 5 months before I could walk normally again. Two months in a cast, two months of physical therapy, another month slugging it out, then another month after that before I could run, and long after that before I could do a full squat again.

If Silva fights again, I'll be impressed. If he fights again before he's 40 I'll be amazed.

Dude works hard, it's gonna depend on what the heck broke. As good as he is, I hope it's not career ending. That would just be tragic.

Back