#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

I playing next week for the first time in several weeks so I'm pumped! :blob: I'm ready to crank up the 2014 season and golf my arse off :golf2:. I'm healthy as a boar hawg :pig: in a mud wrestling contest so yea, let's get ready for the King boys :bananadance:!

So I'm probably planning to travel down to Orlando on Thursday so that I can have a full day there on Friday and then set Monday aside for a travel day coming home. I guess I'll need to book a room for Thursday night/Friday morning and also for Sunday night/monday morning.
Do these rooms fill up fast? It looks like a massive resort so I can probably wait until we know more about the logistics.

Still a while away from booking anything, but i could be in the same boat for Sunday night. I would probably be looking offsite at a different hotel to save some $$$

I may be with you guys. Would also love to know whether there will be any kind of discounted rate for additional nights, practice round(s), etc for people partaking in the event. I'm still between taking a red eye Thursday or flying in Thursday night, just a matter of timing and whether I can justify the extra cost/vacation day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ole Gray and I are planning to arrive on Thursday. We'll likely stay offsite of the Omni that night using hotel points. I'm thinking staying Sunday night at the Omni make sense, though I haven't discussed that with OG. Would be nice to not have to rush to check out and being able to grab a nice shower and rest up before driving back to Atlanta on Monday.

Ole Gray and I are planning to arrive on Thursday. We'll likely stay offsite of the Omni that night using hotel points. I'm thinking staying Sunday night at the Omni make sense, though I haven't discussed that with OG. Would be nice to not have to rush to check out and being able to grab a nice shower and rest up before driving back to Atlanta on Monday.

I'm retired brother so I'm good with anything you come up with. :thumb: :bananadance:

I will be in town Friday at 12:30. Depending on itinerary I would be up for some golf as soon as I get there if anyone is interested (even if only 9 holes or the par 3 course). I am staying Sunday night as well but fly out at 10am Monday, I will be grabbing a much cheaper and hopefully closer room for Sunday night

I wonder if it would be cheaper to grab a larger villa for those extra night(s) and cram as many hackers as we can and split the costs. If I can find a red-eye out of town on Sunday night/Monday morning it may allow me to come a day earlier as a trade-off.

So many decisions lol.

Yeah, lots of travel decisions to be made. With work and vacation, I probably will have to get there on Friday and leave late Sunday. We'll see what the event itinerary looks like soon, though.

Yeah, lots of travel decisions to be made. With work and vacation, I probably will have to get there on Friday and leave late Sunday. We'll see what the event itinerary looks like soon, though.

#TheKing problems! It will be here before you know it, keep working on those games!

#TheKing problems! It will be here before you know it, keep working on those games!

My preparation begins this coming Tuesday and living in the south, I am planning on hitting the putting green/range/& course several times between now and April :thumb:

I wonder if it would be cheaper to grab a larger villa for those extra night(s) and cram as many hackers as we can and split the costs. If I can find a red-eye out of town on Sunday night/Monday morning it may allow me to come a day earlier as a trade-off.

So many decisions lol.

I hadn't thought of this, the villa is an excellent idea. I'm still debating the whole red eye thing as well, but I know we'll all have at least one extra night and hotels in April in Orlando aren't cheap so this could help out a bunch.

My preparation begins this coming Tuesday and living in the south, I am planning on hitting the putting green/range/& course several times between now and April :thumb:

Get after it OG!! Can't wait to tee it up with you in April!

Get after it OG!! Can't wait to tee it up with you in April!

Looking forward to teeing it up with ya too partner! Like some have said, it will be here before ya know it :blob: :bananadance:

Just FYI:
7y5edy8u.jpg

I was talking to Puttin4bird yesterday and starting devising a winter training routine since my outdoor golf time leading up to the event will be very slim, if any. Have a few solid ideas running through my head and hope to have a plan figured out by the end of the week.

I was talking to Puttin4bird yesterday and starting devising a winter training routine since my outdoor golf time leading up to the event will be very slim, if any. Have a few solid ideas running through my head and hope to have a plan figured out by the end of the week.
I know you didn't ask but I am here if you need any help bro

I know you didn't ask but I am here if you need any help bro
I will be bouncing ideas off you as well. Might just need to make a phone call to you later this week and hear your thoughts as well.

Looks like my plan to be there a week early took a kick in the pants. I have to be in training that week in Oregon. I will probably be flying down on Thursday now. Not too big of a deal, but it would have been nice to get used to the 4 hour time change for a few days.

Skibumgolfer, I will let you know when I head down that way. Was looking at dates yesterday, and probably looking at February or March. Probably going to go to either So Cal or Arizona for a few days as well. I want to have played outside a few times before the event, and that isn't happening up here. I will also be seeking the input of the Panda.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Panda green advice will be key!

Looks like my plan to be there a week early took a kick in the pants. I have to be in training that week in Oregon. I will probably be flying down on Thursday now. Not too big of a deal, but it would have been nice to get used to the 4 hour time change for a few days.

Skibumgolfer, I will let you know when I head down that way. Was looking at dates yesterday, and probably looking at February or March. Probably going to go to either So Cal or Arizona for a few days as well. I want to have played outside a few times before the event, and that isn't happening up here. I will also be seeking the input of the Panda.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Sounds good man, keep me posted! Weekends are gonna be best for me, it will be tough for me to take a day off work the next few months, but if weekdays are the only option I can try to make something work.

Freddie, you may not have been called to play for Team Chad, but Panda swing tips are the next best thing to having the Panda on the squad, thanks bud!!

I'm definitely thinking weekends.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Looking at flights, best price I see is $347 r/t on Alaska Airlines at 12:50pm out of Seattle and getting into Orlando at a little before midnight on Thursday, but you have to fly back at 4:40pm on the return Monday, which is a little crazy, especially because I'd get back to Seattle at around midnight and still be faced with an hour and a half drive home. In order to have a morning departure on Monday, the price jumps to about $475, ugh. Hoping I can get some bonus miles from Delta soon and get free flights though, although the Thursday departure times are less convenient. Otherwise I'm jumping ship and taking Alaska, because comparable itineraries on Delta are at least $100 more across the board :banghead:

Looking at flights, best price I see is $347 r/t on Alaska Airlines at 12:50pm out of Seattle and getting into Orlando at a little before midnight on Thursday, but you have to fly back at 4:40pm on the return Monday, which is a little crazy, especially because I'd get back to Seattle at around midnight and still be faced with an hour and a half drive home. In order to have a morning departure on Monday, the price jumps to about $475, ugh. Hoping I can get some bonus miles from Delta soon and get free flights though, although the Thursday departure times are less convenient. Otherwise I'm jumping ship and taking Alaska, because comparable itineraries on Delta are at least $100 more across the board :banghead:

I'm still contemplating a Thurs -Thurs trip based upon the flights being so much cheaper and finding somewhere to crash. Luckily I have family in the area, or I can head down towards West Palm beach for a few days and leave out of there.

I'm still contemplating a Thurs -Thurs trip based upon the flights being so much cheaper and finding somewhere to crash. Luckily I have family in the area, or I can head down towards West Palm beach for a few days and leave out of there.

Flying around the country can be a bit complicating at times huh? How many times do you get to vacation in Florida? Heck if you have the means, plus family in the area is a bonus, stay seven days and enjoy it all to the max. Your work schedule and all has to accommodate that but sounds like the time off is not an issue.

Flying around the country can be a bit complicating at times huh? How many times do you get to vacation in Florida? Heck if you have the means, plus family in the area is a bonus, stay seven days and enjoy it all to the max. Your work schedule and all has to accommodate that but sounds like the time off is not an issue.

Fortunately I have the time off available for work, I haven't been to FL since I transferred out of college there in 2002. Hopefully it will all work out and I can spend the week.

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!

Would be awesome if you could do that, TeedUp. Spent a week down there in both 2010 and 2011 in March, great place to be in the spring. Wish I could as well, but unfortunately I have a decent amount of vacation time already spoken for next year :(

Back