May Help with Swing

colby10

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys,new to the board and this is my first post besides my check in post after signing up to the site. No ides if its been posted or talked about but I found a great vid of ernie els and I thought I would share. I was doing Nick faldo's pre hinge drills and thought if u combined the 2 it really felt like a powerful and compact swing. I personally thought if I held that box just explained like Els I could feel I was in a perfect zone to strike the ball. I also Like that u can practice and visually watch that box stay in sync with ur swing and get a feeling for it as well. Just thought I would share cuz I really liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIRQXMMIG4

I could watch Ernie all day long.

My coach uses his swing for my side to side comparisons, he reckons Els has one of the purest swings and an ideal model.

Joe he does have a great swing! I have never had a lesson b4 so this box example made so much sense to me. Felt it kept me stable from backswing to downswing with minimal movement and helped keep my right arm tied into my waist. Then all u have to do is release ur hips and the club came scorching through the zone.

I'm a big Ernie fan and like this short video a lot. It really is a good bit of advice. I struggle with staying connected and maintaining my posture through the swing, and a lot of it stems from not maintaining that box as he points out.

I'm a big Ernie fan and like this short video a lot. It really is a good bit of advice. I struggle with staying connected and maintaining my posture through the swing, and a lot of it stems from not maintaining that box as he points out.

I agree easy. I have watched countless videos on trying to help my swing and this one actually hit home for me. Felt like it totally simplified the swing for me.

It's a great tip, holding the angle is the key to effortless power. What you'll notice is that the butt of the club on the down swing is pointing at the ball once it reaches his hip. If you manage to hold that angle the club will naturally release and strike down and through the ball

It's a great tip, holding the angle is the key to effortless power. What you'll notice is that the butt of the club on the down swing is pointing at the ball once it reaches his hip. If you manage to hold that angle the club will naturally release and strike down and through the ball

Tadashi way to explain it even better. I have always had a problem hitting fat shots..now I can see I was getting the club extended most likely to early in the downswing. I noticed if i hold that box halfway down then release it put me in such a powerful position to "lash" :) through the ball.

:welcome: Colby, great tip there.

Back