What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Absolutely a wonderful ball. Out perform all other balls for me

Today while playing with J4U the greens were rock hard. Prov1s were bouncing off the greens. After about 7 holes I switched to b330 and they were holding better (when I hit the green lol)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That is good to hear. I had no issues holding greens with the B330s today either.

I've been putting and chipping (that counts right?) with the e6. I love the way it feels off the putter face.

I played a Lethal today and fell in love with it, one of the best balls I've played

I actually fount one of these and played it a few holes yesterday and loved it. Very, very nice ball. When they start going on sale I'll probably pick several dozen up.

I actually fount one of these and played it a few holes yesterday and loved it. Very, very nice ball. When they start going on sale I'll probably pick several dozen up.

I got some for Christmas and they are fantastic, very similar to the 330s for me. I still want to try the e5 too.

Been playing the 2014 MG Tour C4 in the winter months and really like the ball. I have shot 70, 73, 74, 74, 76, 76 (not in this order) my last 6 rounds. If my math is right that is a average score of 73.83 and my GHIN handicap is trending from a 6.4 to a 4.4.

I'm a big fan of the ball and the price. In my opinion it falls somewhere between the Pro v1 and the Pro v1-x.

http://www.mggolf.com/balls.asp?ru=r#panel

From the MG Site.

How we built the NEW 2014 Tour C4 to beat the new 2013 Pro V1.
TC4_Layers_new2013.jpg
We started by reformulating the chemistry of the core to produce a much higher velocity than ever before. This was really a key element.
Next, because the urethane cover of the 3-piece Tour C4 is very thin, that core could also be made extra-large. And that, of course, makes your drives go extra long. The aerodynamic 332-dimple design of the Tour C4 also helps deliver those extra long drives. This ball flies straight and high, and lands hot making your drives go longer.
The ultra-soft urethane cover, with improved durability, gives you the high spin you need with your irons and wedges to stop the ball on the green— with stunning accuracy. Off a wedge, the Tour C4 spin rate is in line with the Pro V1 (within 250 RPM). On fast greens you can back the ball up 15 feet or more with either ball. And around the greens, the soft feel of the Tour C4 makes it easier to control and chip the ball closer to the pin for more one-putts.
We also employed state-of-the-art machinery and personnel to make the accuracy of the Tour C4 second to none. To make golf balls that are this accurate requires engineering and manufacturing of the utmost precision. Like car tires that are out of balance, any inconsistency in core placement and density, dimples, cover depth, etc ... will affect the performance of the ball commensurate with the degree of the defect. The extent that Tour C4 eliminates these inconsistencies puts it among an elite few golf balls that comes as close to perfect as is now humanly possible.

18 holes, 3 balls, Z star, D201 and current gamer DX2

Still loving the DX2, Mizuno working out similar performance wise with firmer feel but with improved durability.

Z Star goes further than both, feels significantly clickier off the putter (not bad, just different), blows them both away in durability (which surprises me) and in yellow has amazing visibility.
Played the same Z star for 27 holes and looks better than a DX2 after about 4!
More expensive but if it lasts twice as long, owrth twice the money in my book!

I played two balls for 9 holes today. I have avoided the 330 RXS in the past for fear of too much spin but actually really liked this ball a lot (better than the 330 RX). It was pretty straight, held the greens very nicely and felt great off the putter face. The Lady Precept was interesting. I couldn't feel any difference off the club and I thought it was comparable to the RXS in terms of distance. So on that front I would say great, played like a premium ball. However, I struggled with the Precept on the greens. It felt soft off the putter face to me and oddly I kept running it past the hole. Seems like those two things shouldn't go together but they did. Anyway, if I didn't already have a ton of balls I'd snatch up loads of the RXS at their current $28-ish sale price. I'll probably okay the Precept again, most likely as a winter ball (along with the e6).

I've had a few top flite gamer v2s laying around and since it's rained hard the last two Saturdays, I put them in the bag last Sunday for 9 and again today thinking that since it was so wet, losing some spin around the green wouldn't be a big deal. I think I got a lesson in spin vs distance after playing only urethane balls since the first of the year.
Off the driver, they were no longer, maybe even a little shorter than a pro v1x, but all of my iron shots were going longer. Playing to my normal yardages for approach shots, everything was going to the back edge of the green or over. Obviously the lower spin off the irons was contributing to the longer distances, but I must admit I was a little surprised at the yardage difference I was seeing. Just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, I put a pro v1x back into play on the back 9 and everything was back to where it normally is distance wise. Really opened my eyes to see the difference in distance.

I received some Callaway Hex Control (Costco balls) as a gift and have played them for a few rounds now and am pleasantly surprised. It seems to give me lower driver spin and feels good off the putter. There may not be as much spin off the irons for me but short game stuff around the greens is pretty good anyway. It is much more durable than the Tour Chrome+ They seem to be just as long or longer than Pro V1x (my usual) as well. Surprisingly good balls!

picked up 6 dozen Wilson Duos cheap, in yellow. I'm a fan of the performance, but I have to say that the yellow isn't quite as sharp as other yellow balls I've played recently, namely the Callaway Hex Pro. I have played both of those a lot recently and I keep going back to my trusty e6. it won't stop on the green quite as well as the Hex Pro (about the same as the Duo) but it goes LONG and usually with less sidespin than the other two. I think the Duo is almost as long as the e6, if not identical. but I do seem to get a bit more sidespin. The Hex Pro will spin even more though still not as bad as a typical range ball or something. I've also been gaming some used TaylorMade Pentas lately, usually on holes with water. Great all around ball. I just can't justify the price of them new and I do prefer to buy new. I think the Duo is my best bet for cold days but I'll be going back to the e6 for any day over 5ish degrees. Probably even if it's colder than that, if the greens are particularly soft.

Been playing Bridgestone e6's for the last 3 years or so, it's been pretty much the perfect ball for me.

Might try out something different in 2014 but it's gonna have to be really good to knock the e6 out.

I like the NXT Tour pretty well and have been playing it.

Still gaming e6's pretty hard right now but for a few bucks savings I gave some pink Bridgestone Lady Precepts a shot for some snowball golf action and was not disappointed at all, that ball felt great as well, I'm gonna have to give them a shot when the warm warmer comes back as well

Have been gaming the Bridgestone e6 lately with the cooler weather. Good cool weather ball for me because it is a little softer than my normal B330-RX. Anything below 60 degrees, I pull out the e6.

Yellow W/S Duo. Played 18 with the same ball. Wet ground so the chips/spin were hard to read, and not many stuck, but I thought the ball did well. Hit a cart path once and it scuffed it a little, but nothing major. Played the white Duo on 2 holes and it did better but still a small sample size. Usually shoot 87-92 (shot 91) at this course...but I thought it did well considering the conditions. Glad I have a dozen of yellow and white Duo's....still think my ball is the B330-RX, but I'm good with the Duo's too. Good winter ball.

I got some for Christmas and they are fantastic, very similar to the 330s for me. I still want to try the e5 too.

Hey Trout, I have played the E5 ball as well. Nice ball for the price, but they spin too much if you have a high swing speed. The ball just balloons too much. In my honest opinion, stay w/ the Lethal or the Bridgestone B330 Tour ball.

Hey Trout, I have played the E5 ball as well. Nice ball for the price, but they spin too much if you have a high swing speed. The ball just balloons too much. In my honest opinion, stay w/ the Lethal or the Bridgestone B330 Tour ball.

Thanks Silver, my swing speed is pretty low with a driver hovering right around 94 to 96, I really liked the Lethal a lot and now Callaway has the new balls coming out geared toward varied swing speeds too, so many darn options out there lol.

Thanks Silver, my swing speed is pretty low with a driver hovering right around 94 to 96, I really liked the Lethal a lot and now Callaway has the new balls coming out geared toward varied swing speeds too, so many darn options out there lol.

That's a decent swing speed, imo. We just have to try the new golfballs out, and see how we like them. I'm gonna stick w/ the B330 tour ball and use my Taylormade Pentas for chipping and putting practice.

I played the 330S for a couple seasons in Fla and absolutely loved it, it was really consistent around the greens more so than any other ball I've played. I need to find one ball and stick with it.

I have been gaming the Callaway Chrome in Yellow for the last several rounds, this seems to be my go to ball but I also really like the B330RX's. I seem to get very similar results with both balls. I just hope they keep the Chrome's around when they release the Speed Regime balls.

TaylorMade Penta TP3... still love that thing!

TaylorMade TP5 until the last dozen are gone. It's a great ball and I mainly play with the "practice" stamped ones unless its a competition. Picked up multiple dozens for under $16. I'll figure out what to play once these run out.

TaylorMade TP5 until the last dozen are gone. It's a great ball and I mainly play with the "practice" stamped ones unless its a competition. Picked up multiple dozens for under $16. I'll figure out what to play once these run out.

I love these, I have a stock pile of probably 150 in my garage right now. I won't need to buy balls for at least 3 years lol.

Tappin away

My dad gave me a dozen Nike One RZN balls for Christmas. They don't feel that good, but they perform pretty well.

I got a really good deal on Slazenger Feels so Ive been gaming them for awhile. Before that was nike mojos. All this talk about the Bridgesone e6 has got me thinking though.

Back