#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

I like this idea. I'm having trouble finding a high enough resolution pic or pics to do it. If you find one/some, let us know where you found em!

That's my issue right now, finding a high res pic. Hoping flickr helps. Maybe one of the forum members who played there has a couple if their favorites they could share.

Both courses we are playing are pretty long huh guys? It all depends on the tee box setup but from the tips, it could be take your arse to ya knees tough :beat-up: lol

Spent some time on lunch looking at this, again... Man I can't wait. Hoping to go through the courses a couple more times and maybe come up with some sort of attack plan before going there. I did that for a Ryder Cup tourney last year and it worked out really well.

And I'm thinking we may be playing the tips. Both from what JB said, and I think I remember some peeps talking about someone or some people reaching one of the par 5's in two. I could be totally misquoting all of this, but I thought it was 17, which would work for the National course. If they were making "big deal" about it, my guess is they played the tips as well.

Haha totally. I'm so stoked it's not even funny. That's a good idea about getting a plan together for the courses - thinking maybe I'll print out all the holes and make notes as to my plans. Hopefully be able to bring some of those with me for the event as well.

Yeah, I'm getting that feeling too. Honestly if we are, I'm really gonna have to eat my Wheaties, because with the 496 yard par 4 I mentioned, even if I hit a perfect drive I'm looking at a longer hybrid AT LEAST. I'm not a long hitter by any means, and I'm OK with that because I'm more of a precision player, but I'd be a fool to deny that it puts me at a disadvantage on long courses. If we play tips I hope it's with an alternate shot or scramble format, I'd probably be OK there.

Both courses we are playing are pretty long huh guys? It all depends on the tee box setup but from the tips, it could be take your arse to ya knees tough :beat-up: lol

With your bionic knee I'm sure it will be no problem Bill :thumb:

Haha totally. I'm so stoked it's not even funny. That's a good idea about getting a plan together for the courses - thinking maybe I'll print out all the holes and make notes as to my plans. Hopefully be able to bring some of those with me for the event as well.

Yeah, I'm getting that feeling too. Honestly if we are, I'm really gonna have to eat my Wheaties, because with the 496 yard par 4 I mentioned, even if I hit a perfect drive I'm looking at a longer hybrid AT LEAST. I'm not a long hitter by any means, and I'm OK with that because I'm more of a precision player, but I'd be a fool to deny that it puts me at a disadvantage on long courses. If we play tips I hope it's with an alternate shot or scramble format, I'd probably be OK there.

I've got a strategy plan of how to get ready. It is time consuming and tedious, especially for 2 courses with all the trouble these have, but it can really help a lot.

With your bionic knee I'm sure it will be no problem Bill :thumb:

We will see about that partner :D. I'm excited to go down there and enjoy all the hidden agendas!! Both teams will be smiling like a coyote in a chicken pen :hungry:

I've got a strategy plan of how to get ready. It is time consuming and tedious, especially for 2 courses with all the trouble these have, but it can really help a lot.

What's your plan for the preparation?

I'm working on mine now and really plan to work heavily on my game in March and April. Play and practice is going to be hit or miss for me over the next two months. Inconsistent weather and lots of work travel are going to be a big hurdle for January and February. I'm pretty happy with my swing at the moment so I hope I don't lose to much in this time frame of irregular play. I do plan on taking my putter with me to roll in my hotel rooms. Putting is the area where I need the most improvement anyway.

Once March gets here with warmer temps and more evening sunlight after the time change I'll really put together a precise schedule for practice and play for the last 8 weeks prior to arriving at Championsgate. I'll spend some time then going over the courses too.

I'm not so much concerned about length as I am accuracy... If I learned one thing from the CT invitational last year it was that "target golf" and I DO NOT get along well. Hopefully there are ample landing areas off drives, and not too many blind shots. It didn't seem like it in freddie's write up, but it did seem like there is a ton of things to look out for. I'm sure Captain Harry will have plenty of input on preparations and will put the proper people in the proper spots on the roster for success.

I'm working on mine now and really plan to work heavily on my game in March and April. Play and practice is going to be hit or miss for me over the next two months. Inconsistent weather and lots of work travel are going to be a big hurdle for January and February. I'm pretty happy with my swing at the moment so I hope I don't lose to much in this time frame of irregular play. I do plan on taking my putter with me to roll in my hotel rooms. Putting is the area where I need the most improvement anyway.

Once March gets here with warmer temps and more evening sunlight after the time change I'll really put together a precise schedule for practice and play for the last 8 weeks prior to arriving at Championsgate. I'll spend some time then going over the courses too.

My plan is to take 1 or 2 more lessons to solidify the swing changes I've made over the last two months, but I've so far been pretty satisfied. The weather up here is pretty inconsistent as well, and short days suck, but I'd like to get at least a round and a range/putting practice sesh in a week. I'm also going to try and not play the same course twice consecutively, in order to get my game ready to travel. Once March rolls around, I'll hopefuly have more daylight and I will try to pinpoint my weaknesses at that time and really drill those in my practice to make sure I'm solid for Orlando. And over the next few months, I'm going to devise a game plan for each hole at Championsgate and write it down on a printout. I will have two pretty thick booklets of strategy to take with me in April hopefully!

Well, my game wise, I don't have a big plan in place right now because of the weather. Besides putting a lot, which I've already seen improvement on.

The particular plan I eluded to is something I did last year for a tourney at a course I had only played once in the year prior. I went online and GPS mapped each hole that had trouble or wasn't straight forward, and mapped out my aim points and target lines before going to the course. I brought the map with, with my target lines and distances drawn on there. Going in I already knew my club selections and what shots I was going to take. That's why I said for these 2 courses it could take a while. Good chance each hole would need to be mapped out with shots, except maybe the par 3s. Also don't know which tees we're using yet, although my guess is the tips.

My plan is to take 1 or 2 more lessons to solidify the swing changes I've made over the last two months, but I've so far been pretty satisfied. The weather up here is pretty inconsistent as well, and short days suck, but I'd like to get at least a round and a range/putting practice sesh in a week. I'm also going to try and not play the same course twice consecutively, in order to get my game ready to travel. Once March rolls around, I'll hopefuly have more daylight and I will try to pinpoint my weaknesses at that time and really drill those in my practice to make sure I'm solid for Orlando. And over the next few months, I'm going to devise a game plan for each hole at Championsgate and write it down on a printout. I will have two pretty thick booklets of strategy to take with me in April hopefully!

Nice! I like that thought of trying to play different courses. Good idea on hole strategy too. I'll likely do that as well. Will be interesting to look at each hole and think about how different formats could alter strategy.

My plan is to get some more lessons. I'm hoping to schedule some starting next, but definitely the flowing week. I bought a Sony action camera to couple with my iPad and the V1 app to record and critique my swing. Hopefully will use that to get some feedback from Freddie and others. I plan on practicing at least one thing every night until the event. Even if that means rolling a couple of putts on my putting mat. I have a net setup and a really good hitting mat in my garage. I also will be hitting balls at the golf dome and playing simulator golf as much as possible. Simulator golf is frustrating. One place has great simulators (About Golf), but the hitting area is like hitting off of concrete. Another place has Full Swing ones, but I hit a 180 yard 8 iron on it the other day. Yeah, that's not happening. There is one place that has a full swing setup with E6 software that seems the most accurate, but it is about 50 miles from anchorage. I live basically in between the anchorage and this indoor place, but it is a long drive after work to hit balls and play. I will do everything I can to improve before #theking. My game can be summed up as, not really long, and inaccurate. Woohoo!! My swing has come a long way since this summer. I really need to get outside and play, so I might have to schedule myself a weekend trip in the next few weeks. Arizona sounds nice this time of year. I will make it down to Seattle / Bellingham and get in a round with skibum and hopefully a couple other THPers. Enough rambling now.

This: http://blogs.golf.com/oneoffs/break 80 worksheets.pdf , only it will most likely be stretched to 12 weeks because of weather/travel. In addition, I'm heading back into the gym for strength training and cardio.

I will also have a home-made yardage book to study done by gametime

Great minds think alike :D

My plan is to drink as much beer as possible before tee time :drinks::thumb:..

Spoiler
Just kidding guys :D. I am joining a new course soon and will be working really hard on my short game and putting. I will also be taking a few lessons with my driver so I can get some consistency off the tee :thumb:

This: http://blogs.golf.com/oneoffs/break 80 worksheets.pdf , only it will most likely be stretched to 12 weeks because of weather/travel. In addition, I'm heading back into the gym for strength training and cardio.

I will also have a home-made yardage book to study done by gametime

That's a pretty good plan for working on the scoring clubs.

I'm in the same boat as Danny, with all the snow we've had, it's going to be a lot of putting practice for now. We have a couple of PGA Tour Superstores in the area, so I'm considering getting the annual membership to have access to the practice bays with launch monitors. It's a bit of a pain to get out to them, but I feel it could be time well spent.

Nice! I like that thought of trying to play different courses. Good idea on hole strategy too. I'll likely do that as well. Will be interesting to look at each hole and think about how different formats could alter strategy.

The format will seriously alter strategy on a course like this, I think. I'll probably have a number of different lines on the hole printouts for aggressive and safe strategies, or something like that. Cause the other guy's play will definitely dictate (or at least have an influence on) what you do in match play. It's gonna be fun to think about, and even MORE fun to do in April!

Great minds think alike :D

Must be why we both ended up on Team Chad :cool:

The format will seriously alter strategy on a course like this, I think. I'll probably have a number of different lines on the hole printouts for aggressive and safe strategies, or something like that. Cause the other guy's play will definitely dictate (or at least have an influence on) what you do in match play. It's gonna be fun to think about, and even MORE fun to do in April!

Must be why we both ended up on Team Chad :cool:
We're so on the same page it's awesome. We'll have to compare notes when we get that far.

Google Earth can give you some great views of golf holes. You can pull the screen to more of an eye level view.

Google Earth can give you some great views of golf holes. You can pull the screen to more of an eye level view.

Yeah that's what I've done. It is extremely useful. I found a site that would let me map lines and it would tell me the length of the line, even in yards. I'd pick a point that stood out to start the line by as a reference for when I got to the course. Of course I didn't save the site, so I'm trying to find it again.

Measurelinks.com

We're so on the same page it's awesome. We'll have to compare notes when we get that far.

Most definitely!

Yeah that's what I've done. It is extremely useful. I found a site that would let me map lines and it would tell me the length of the line, even in yards. I'd pick a point that stood out to start the line by as a reference for when I got to the course. Of course I didn't save the site, so I'm trying to find it again.

Sounds like an awesome site, looks like Hawk pinpointed it. Will definitely be using that to help draw my lines.

I can't find the ChampionsGate courses on there...

Yea, sometimes you just have to move the map from another nearby course.

Back