Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed that setup, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut....I may or may not have just pulled the CTL's out of those to start this ponder hahaha

I'd love to get my hands on some Program's but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
I figured as much. I'm also thinking of reshafting my i20s with...something. What's good having equipment if you can't tinker?!

That sounds pretty damn sweet. How does the loft transition go from the 7 to 8? Nice 3 or 4* difference?

Should play to the same loft IIRC. i20s go 33/37.

That sounds pretty damn sweet. How does the loft transition go from the 7 to 8? Nice 3 or 4* difference?

Should play to the same loft IIRC. i20s go 33/37.

Jon nailed it, they fit seamlessly. In reality, I should probably just go i20 all the way through, I've still never been that confident standing over an iron, need to get them adjusted though...wonder if PING will let me send in heads only.

Putting CTL's into i20's (3-7) and s55's (8-P) to make a combo set.

It'll all be a moot point here in a couple weeks, but still, its something I've thought about since the s55's were released.

Along the same lines, I've been dreaming about i25/s55 combo sets all day... #OMFGamazing

Along the same lines, I've been dreaming about i25/s55 combo sets all day... #OMFGamazing

I'm honestly bummed a little with the i25 look, I think the i20's just have a better look in the cavity. Still, need to see them in hand at the Show before I make final judgement.

All this talk of iron reshafting has got the old tinkering itch going. I do like the CFS though. Seem to work well for me.

All this talk of iron reshafting has got the old tinkering itch going. I do like the CFS though. Seem to work well for me.

They're fantastic iron shafts IMO. My only issue is with my transition I get a little overly aggressive and the CTL's with that constant taper seem to offer more stability with similar launch and spin. Both really good shaft options depending on the swing though for sure. PING sticks with them for a reason.

They're fantastic iron shafts IMO. My only issue is with my transition I get a little overly aggressive and the CTL's with that constant taper seem to offer more stability with similar launch and spin. Both really good shaft options depending on the swing though for sure. PING sticks with them for a reason.

It's like you're talking about me... Doesn't help that their web fit system recommends CTLs either. What are you doing for your UW?

It's like you're talking about me... Doesn't help that their web fit system recommends CTLs either. What are you doing for your UW?

It'll be the i20, since I'm a full swinger in that slot I just can't make myself go back to a blade wedge.

It'll be the i20, since I'm a full swinger in that slot I just can't make myself go back to a blade wedge.

Same here. So I guess that means I need 4-9I and two PW shafts... This could get pricey.

I think I'm going to pull the strings this Saturaday. Cobra Baffler XL iron set, new bag, and possible the Baffler or Bio driver. The Bio looks sick and really want to give it a try on the simulator.

Blizzard tomorrow. My Saturday shopping spree may have to be put on hold for another week.

so my golf galaxy is closing in 15 days, and I have $46 left on a gift card there. They're taking out all of their stock though... what the heck do I spend it on?

so my golf galaxy is closing in 15 days, and I have $46 left on a gift card there. They're taking out all of their stock though... what the heck do I spend it on?

Clothes, balls?

Clothes, balls?

I get balls for free at my job, and they've taken out almost all of their clothing racks, and most of what is left is womens.

I get balls for free at my job, and they've taken out almost all of their clothing racks, and most of what is left is womens.

Shoes? ?

Gift cards work on their website. No need to rush and buy something you don't really want

A skirt for your next round of golf... Hand it to the first person who tees off and doesn't hit it past the ladies tees.

Gift cards work on their website. No need to rush and buy something you don't really want

yeah but they have a lot of sales going on in store on what they still have, sales that aren't on the websites..

yeah but they have a lot of sales going on in store on what they still have, sales that aren't on the websites..

Ok, but we have no clue what your store actually has on sale or what they have left, so don't see how we can be of much help

Are soft sided travel bags generally more well received than hard-sided travel bags?

Considering a travel bag for possibly a golf vacation.

Are soft sided travel bags generally more well received than hard-sided travel bags?

If it's soft sided, definitely get a stiff arm just in case.

Love my Ogio Monster travel bag, soft sided but pull the heads off my woods before it goes in and no problems.

My Club Glove Burst Proof is pretty awesome. Not cheap but worth it in the log run.

I prefer a soft sided bag over a hard sided bag simply for ease of use. I borrowed a hard side case a few years ago that didn't fit in the trunk of the rental car, nor did the back seat golf down. I had to put it in the backseat diagonally, then hold it up while slamming the door and getting my arm out. It was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back