The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest--ITS BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has not been my best week, my meals have been ok, but I've been snacking a lot this week for some reason. Hoping not to have a gain the final week!

Starting a weight loss contest with my family on monday...cash on the line time to kick it into gear

The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest--ITS BACK

Starting a weight loss contest with my family on monday...cash on the line time to kick it into gear
I've been thinking of having a little family challenge with my parents. Neither of them are all that active, and I think this could be a sneaky way of getting them (and myself) moving a little bit.

I've been thinking of having a little family challenge with my parents. Neither of them are all that active, and I think this could be a sneaky way of getting them (and myself) moving a little bit.

Yeah isn't anything big...20 bucks a person I think we have 8 or 9 in it

Yeah isn't anything big...20 bucks a person I think we have 8 or 9 in it
Just like in small fantasy leagues, it's not losing the $20 that motivates you...it's the thought of who you might have to hand it to!

Let's see if we can get in 100% of the weights in tomorrow! Make it two weeks in a row!

Finish strong everyone !

Weigh in sent. I was only down 1/2 a pound but I'll take it, I just knew I was going to be up this week. That puts me with a loss each of the 9 weeks, so I'm pretty proud of that.

I went in to this thing with a lofty goal of 30lbs, but I came up just shy with 26lbs. It's really more like 36lbs though, because without this contest I most likely would have gained 10lbs over the holidays instead of losing weight.

Thanks again to Mike for running this whole thing. I would still like to lose another 30lbs, but this contest was just the thing I needed to get me headed in the right direction.

good luck today everyone.

I'm thinking of continuing this thing and will start a new thread in the middle of the week

I'm thinking of continuing this thing and will start a new thread in the middle of the week

I'm glad you said middle of the week, because I'm planning on having a cheeseburger for lunch! :hungry:

Weight sent in, and I'm really upset with myself. Ended up gaining, and that's just not at all what I was hoping for. I know the holidays really hurt, and the frigid temps outside just made me not want to bundle up to go to the gym as often as I should have. I'm going to try and get back on the wagon over the next 7 months and roll into Myrtle in lean, mean, fighting shape, so whether we have another contest or not, I'm dropping some weight.

Mike...so sorry I was distracted and running behind this morning and forgot to do the weigh in this morning. I will get it in this evening for sure, sorry to hold things up. If you get the rest and need to proceed without mine, I understand.

Hope everyone had a good week. This was the first week since Thanksgiving, that I didn't have some sort of snack binge..which means I probably gained 5 lbs..ha

Weigh in sent. I was only down 1/2 a pound but I'll take it, I just knew I was going to be up this week. That puts me with a loss each of the 9 weeks, so I'm pretty proud of that.

I went in to this thing with a lofty goal of 30lbs, but I came up just shy with 26lbs. It's really more like 36lbs though, because without this contest I most likely would have gained 10lbs over the holidays instead of losing weight.

Thanks again to Mike for running this whole thing. I would still like to lose another 30lbs, but this contest was just the thing I needed to get me headed in the right direction.

That's an incredible result, and I agree the fact you did it over the holidays, you should get 1.5 Lb per lost.

I ended up even the last few weeks. Very happy I didn't gain, but I love to see the numbers creep down at least a little. Of course I haven't worked out in about three weeks, so I don't know why I was expecting anything different.

Well my weight is in. The positive is I did drop a little over the course of the contest but not enough. Went in hoping to lose 15 and only lost 5.5. It was a drop during the tough holiday period so thats good. Now to get serious and see if I can lose so more.

Well, my weight is sent in. Originally hoped for about 15 lbs (but really would be happy with any loss at all), ended up around 7lbs. No exercise, just dieting and smarter choices. For the next contest, hoping to get the exercise portion kicked in.

Its really surprising to me how easy it is to throw yourself off. The main things I cut back on were Coca Cola, French Fries, and salt. The salt was what would really get me, was really diligent the first month, and then gradually it slid back to where it was before (everything just tastes so much better with salt!).

Christmas and all of the travelling/eating out/goodies really knocked me for a loop. Easily a 4 lb swing just in the past 2 weeks (and that is with not drinking alcohol, and trying to control my portions).

Thanks for doing this Mike. It really got my lazy butt moving. I fell 2 pounds short of my goal of 20 but losing 18 pounds is a good start. I have 22 more to go before the start of next golf season.

Yes, please! I knew this was gonna be hard over the holidays. I'm locking up the junk food this week & starting over - hope to get the entire family involved in eating better & exercising more.

If you guys start up a new one I'm definitely in.

Well, my weight is sent in. Originally hoped for about 15 lbs (but really would be happy with any loss at all), ended up around 7lbs. No exercise, just dieting and smarter choices. For the next contest, hoping to get the exercise portion kicked in.

Its really surprising to me how easy it is to throw yourself off. The main things I cut back on were Coca Cola, French Fries, and salt. The salt was what would really get me, was really diligent the first month, and then gradually it slid back to where it was before (everything just tastes so much better with salt!).

Christmas and all of the travelling/eating out/goodies really knocked me for a loop. Easily a 4 lb swing just in the past 2 weeks (and that is with not drinking alcohol, and trying to control my portions).

For me - ironically - it's diet coke. I've been drinking liters of the stuff every day & I believe at least three bad outcomes happen:

1) I think I can then rationalize that it's OK to eat something along with it (and it ain't veggies!).

2) It prevents me from drinking a lot of water

3) I also remember reading on the Atkins website a brief mention that in some people, eating nutrasweet slows down their fat-burning metabolism. I just know I'm one of those guys

So - my new year's resolution (one of them) is drink water instead of diet pop. I think that alone will help a lot!

Braddman - eventually your taste buds will change & you won't need nearly as much. It does take time though. I grew up with a family that salted the crap out of everything, but I eventually broke the habit. Now the only thing I put salt on is fresh corn on the cob.

Ok, I did not finish strong. In fact, I went the complete opposite direction than I thought I'd go. Weight fluctuates for me, I didn't do anything different than the past several weeks, so I'm passing it off as a fluke. In fact, I'm just going to blame it on extreme cold temperatures, my body felt the need to fatten up for -40 windchills.

Overall, I still lost weight over the 'contest.' Hopefully I achieved my ultimate goal which was fat loss. I haven't measured my waist this whole time. Nonetheless, I'm moving onto phase II of my offseason, which is muscle gain. Its going to be weird to flip my diet around from about 1600-1800 calories per day to 3000 calories on weight lifting days.

The effect of this contest was kind of strange. I didn't talk much on this thread, just kept turning in those weekly weigh-ins. Yet every time I ate a meal, in the back of my mind was "well, eat smaller or healthier, you have to turn in your weight in X-days." The thought of it kept me going throughout the entire contest.

Thanks for everything Mike, and congratulations everyone!

~Rock

Ended up down a pound from last week for a grand total of 1.5 pounds lost. Awesome stuff, hahaha!

Keep em coming everyone!

I forgot to weigh this morning and will do it when I get home. I didn't do well this time and I need to change my attitude about losing weight. Great job everyone else on losing their weight.

I think I ended up even for the week, down around 22 lbs. overall.

Thanks again to Mike for running the contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back