Callaway Supersoft Ball

How were you able to hit these prior to release. We're they in a store already?

How were you able to hit these prior to release. We're they in a store already?

He's in Australia, likely had an earlier release date than north America.

I had the oportunity to play a full round with these. Simply put I found my new gamer. I lover the Yellow Supersoft.

It is lower spin than the 2 piece Hex Diablo. They come in White and Yellow. I tried both. First time I played a yellow ball and let me tell you I’m hooked. The SS Yellow is my new ball. I suffer from a mean slice at times of the tee. I hadn’t hit a ball in 3 months so I knew my slice would show up. I was totally surprised. Not one slice. This ball goes SOOOOO STRAIGHT and FAR. And on approaches? Well it spun for me. Maybe it’s my aggressive down on the ball swing. My partners commented on its green side behaviour on my approaches.

Durability. I was shocked. Considering I use Jaws MD groves and I have a vary steep swing I expected to shred these. I tried the SR-3 ball and they suffered some damage in 3 holes. 3 holes that where all bad holes for me so to be fair the SR did get a wedge beatdown that time. But the Supersoft was brand new after 18 holes.

Love hearing about the durability. That is huge.

As a HUGE fan of the Lady Precept and its low compression, these have my attention fully.

My wife bought some of these on Saturday, since I am loving yellow golf balls right now I can see myself stealing some.:devil:

kV5aSFVl.jpg

I had the oportunity to play a full round with these. Simply put I found my new gamer. I lover the Yellow Supersoft.

It is lower spin than the 2 piece Hex Diablo. They come in White and Yellow. I tried both. First time I played a yellow ball and let me tell you I’m hooked. The SS Yellow is my new ball. I suffer from a mean slice at times of the tee. I hadn’t hit a ball in 3 months so I knew my slice would show up. I was totally surprised. Not one slice. This ball goes SOOOOO STRAIGHT and FAR. And on approaches? Well it spun for me. Maybe it’s my aggressive down on the ball swing. My partners commented on its green side behaviour on my approaches.

Durability. I was shocked. Considering I use Jaws MD groves and I have a vary steep swing I expected to shred these. I tried the SR-3 ball and they suffered some damage in 3 holes. 3 holes that where all bad holes for me so to be fair the SR did get a wedge beatdown that time. But the Supersoft was brand new after 18 holes.

Thanks for the info on those.

Last edited:
Definitely will have to try them out. Anything to keep the ball going straighter is a win in my book!

Crazy that there was no marketing. Yet another ball added to my list to try...

So I asked my rep for a little more info on this ball, and all he could tell me was what has already been mentioned throughout the thread. It is intended for lower club head speed but he says that higher speeds would still get a benefit from it due to low spin characteristics. It seems like this ball slipped through the cracks as far as marketing and how much info was passed onto the sales reps, with all of the new products and balls coming I could understand not putting a lot of attention on a $20/dozen ball.

As a HUGE fan of the Lady Precept and its low compression, these have my attention fully.

Sometimes I agree with this guy, but when I do, he is right! JKJ, but if these are anything like the Lady's, will surprise a few folks.

As a sucker for a soft golf ball and a HUGE fan of the Lady Precept, these will DEFINITELY be bought this weekend!!

Consider these to be a HEX DUO ball. Thats what they are after with this ball. The Willson Duo followers.

I wonder what type of dimple aerodynamics they targeted with this ball (ie is it more similar to the SR1, SR2, or SR3 in terms of flight characteristics)

I wonder what type of dimple aerodynamics they targeted with this ball (ie is it more similar to the SR1, SR2, or SR3 in terms of flight characteristics)

I dont think these compare with any of those balls. THose are a multilayer ball.

Supersoft is a Surlyn 2 Peice ball. It's more comparable in performance to the HEX Diablo. But if you have to pick one of the SR balls based on Dimple Aerodinamics alone my guess would be SR-1.

In hand pics of White & Yellow SS.

attachment.php

Super interested in these. My swing speed is consistently around 102-103 with the driver, and I played the Wilson Duo and Lady Precept all fall and loved them.

Consider these to be a HEX DUO ball. Thats what they are after with this ball. The Willson Duo followers.
Suprised it took the major ball makers this long to go after the Duo's market.

I don't have the numbers to back it up, but think the Duo has been a huge hit for W/S. If they've captured as much of the lower priced, mid tier market share as I think they have, the other OEMs had to go this route.

This may not be good for W/S, but it's a great thing for golfers like me who prefer a soft distance ball.

Didn't know how well the DUO was doing. I'm the only one playing it around here. Good to see there is enough of us to get some more options.

38 compression, hummm would be a good cold weather ball, just worried I would compress it to much during the summer in warmer weather.

I dont think these compare with any of those balls. THose are a multilayer ball.

Supersoft is a Surlyn 2 Peice ball. It's more comparable in performance to the HEX Diablo. But if you have to pick one of the SR balls based on Dimple Aerodinamics alone my guess would be SR-1.

In hand pics of White & Yellow SS.
Thanks for the in hand pics. There are several imperfections on the cover of these. Have the balls in your pics been hit already?

Man that yellow is bright (which is a good thing).

Didn't know how well the DUO was doing. I'm the only one playing it around here. Good to see there is enough of us to get some more options.
Maybe JB or one of the staff guys could get some market share #s from Wilson. I'd love to see them.

Thanks for the in hand pics. There are several imperfections on the cover of these. Have the balls in your pics been hit already?

Man that yellow is bright (which is a good thing).
Yes I have played with these. one or 2 holes with the white. 16 holes with the yellow.

As for the Yellow tone, it's taken with an iPhone so it doesn't do it justice. I never played a single yellow ball till I met this guy. I love this ball in Yellow. First time ever I will be playing yellow balls. I'm hooked.

Suprised it took the major ball makers this long to go after the Duo's market.

I don't have the numbers to back it up, but think the Duo has been a huge hit for W/S. If they've captured as much of the lower priced, mid tier market share as I think they have, the other OEMs had to go this route.

This may not be good for W/S, but it's a great thing for golfers like me who prefer a soft distance ball.

While Wilson may consider it a success, it has almost zero marketshare. It's a non-competitor. Between this ball and the new TM ball that is at 33 compression, the Duo is history.

15725vb.jpg

We got them in at the shop today, here the info from the back of the box.

Sounds like a good ball for juniors, too. I've been having my little guy hit anything in the shag bag at the pitch & putt, but a known low compression ball might help him hit it a bit farther than he does now.

Sounds like a good ball for juniors, too. I've been having my little guy hit anything in the shag bag at the pitch & putt, but a known low compression ball might help him hit it a bit farther than he does now.

That's a very good idea that hasn't been mentioned yet, good price point for that too.

Back