Post a picture of your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad for a January day in the PNW.
yse2e7eg.jpg

Come on down! I'll take you fishing on my boat, anchor down and catch some redfish and trout while doing all those things I mentioned.
I just happen to be traveling to Texas for this little event called #OwnTheSecondShot. Pretty sure you are in that as well. Hmmm.....

I just happen to be traveling to Texas for this little event called #OwnTheSecondShot. Pretty sure you are in that as well. Hmmm.....

My boat is 9hrs south of the event at South Padre Island. But with some planning during the summer, we can go catch some these bad boys!
rysave5y.jpg

What are you using for bait? I have always wanted to try ice fishing. Looks like it could be fun. Just sitting there, sipping on some adult beverages, telling stories, waiting for the fish to bite.

Jigging spoons, and minnows.

The keeper walleye I had is a 19" fish, probably 2 lbs.

The one I lost was probably around 27-28" and around 11lbs. She was one sloppy hog!

Gonna go tomorrow, and I'll have my gaff on the ready!

Jigging spoons, and minnows.

The keeper walleye I had is a 19" fish, probably 2 lbs.

The one I lost was probably around 27-28" and around 11lbs. She was one sloppy hog!

Gonna go tomorrow, and I'll have my gaff on the ready!

Hey slice, those little ice fishing rods can handle 11lb fish? Or do they not put up much of a fight since it is cold?

Flew out to the Seattle area today for work and took this from the plane. I'll be here for a few days. I need to bring the clubs with me sometime.

It was -7 when I left home this morning, it's in the 40's here.

jan2014.JPG

Last edited:
Hey slice, those little ice fishing rods can handle 11lb fish? Or do they not put up much of a fight since it is cold?

Correct. But the rods do get a workout, I like to feel bounceing the bottom and a lighter rod lets me do that.
6lb braid as walleye have teeth, usually no problem

Last edited:
ugu4a5y6.jpg

Well it's a chilly 61 out here lol

Dude. Get inside. Its 63 here and I have the heat on.

Pretty sure the Midwest guys hate us right now. Buddy in Chicago got a 1inch in the last hour, can't really post what he said to me.

CJ - If you want to get frozen fish, isn't it easier to buy them at the grocery store? :act-up:

Ice fishing is a blast though!

A 61" sturgeon was recently caught very near to where we've been fishing.

Check it out, cool story, I've added a link to the story through twitter.

This is only one of the many reasons I love New Zealand. This is a veggie stand in the middle of nowhere, on the side of a main road and they're selling new (baby) potatoes. All you do is take what you want and leave the cash (nz$6/R50) in what's called an honesty box. As a South African I know this would never happen there. Not only would the potatoes and money be stolen but they'd steal the trailer too.

This is only one of the many reasons I love New Zealand. This is a veggie stand in the middle of nowhere, on the side of a main road and they're selling new (baby) potatoes. All you do is take what you want and leave the cash (nz$6/R50) in what's called an honesty box. As a South African I know this would never happen there. Not only would the potatoes and money be stolen but they'd steal the trailer too.

Pretty darn cool!

Tap Tap

Around me the same thing is done with sweet corn, I dont know anyone who has been ripped off yet.

It's so nice being able to do this sorta thing without fear of being ripped off. Makes me feel good every time I drive past one of these and more often than not I buy something. I'd rather support these farmers than big supermarket chains.

We have a few of them round my way, too :act-up:

282 yd 3deep lessons are helping
umabugad.jpg

Today I tried to go see my buddy Jeff.

Um....... No.

5a5u3e3a.jpg

enygybyh.jpg
ebupudy7.jpg
. Took my son to the park, off to the driving range. Strange day sunny then foggy very quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife's best friend bday dinner
pa3yrudy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back