Get fit for a driver
Win over 3 tournaments
Tournament scoring average of +2 per round
Have more fun

My goal is to make at least 3 THP events this year, I am already in the SeeMore Putter Extravaganza so 2 more to go. Hopefully Friday I can lock down the 2nd event at 1 o'clock.
As far as my game I plan to work harder on my 100 yard and in game, I am losing almost all of my strokes there.

My goals for the year are to be a consistent low 80s golfer. Which I achieved my goal from last year to break in the 80's.

I would love to learn how to read and putt greens instead of guessing.

Definitely would like to be able to walk 18 by the end of the year consistently.

Also be a better ball striker and sand shots.
One last thing I played my first 9 hole round last week and I shot a 40 man was I happy to end the year that way.

Play more
Play more
Play more
Actually figure out my handicap(only played 7 real round last year and 3 best ball tournys)
Play more
85 or better

Get my handicap back down to scratch or better and possibly play some provincial team golf.

I just want to have a good showing in our big annual tournament at my home course. The last 2 years have been disappointing at best.

I've added one more goal/committment, no more Taylormade, just can't do it. Their stuff doesn't work for me and it's time to stop kidding myself that the latest and greatest will be different then the last. Of late Callaway is the only OEM where I'm seeing true advancement model over model.

Sorry GDP!

My goal for 2014 is to get my handicap in the single digits and start shooting in the 80's consistently and I also would like to start shooting in the 70's on occasion too. All I really need to do right now is start reducing my mistakes and stay mentally tough throughout the round. I also need to start making more birdie putts too.

My goals for 2014 have changed now that I got selected to be in the Morgan Cup. My goals are:
1. Shoot more scores in the 80's and hopefully ill see some in the 70's.
2. Play more golf with fellow THPers.
3. Practice alot more on my putting and short game.
4. Pay more attention to why I had a bad shot instead of just getting pissed off.
5. Play more scrambles.
6. Play with the work golf league.

If I do all those 2014 is going to be a great year for my golf game.

My goals for 2014 have changed now that I got selected to be in the Morgan Cup. My goals are:
1. Shoot more scores in the 80's and hopefully ill see some in the 70's.
2. Play more golf with fellow THPers.
3. Practice alot more on my putting and short game.
4. Pay more attention to why I had a bad shot instead of just getting pissed off.
5. Play more scrambles.
6. Play with the work golf league.

If I do all those 2014 is going to be a great year for my golf game.

There are some good books on the mental game out there as well. I found it really helps with #1 and #4 on your list.

My main goal is to be scratch and win more than one tournament. I'll get there by:
1) Better putting. My lag putting isn't that bad, but I need to make more 10-footers.
2) Improving my irons. I need new ones bc mine are from when I first started and they are too whippy.
3) Working out and hitting the ball further.
4) Improving mental game

There are some good books on the mental game out there as well. I found it really helps with #1 and #4 on your list.

What are some you recommend?

What are some you recommend?

Golf: The Mental Game and Zen Golf are cheap on Amazon and very short reads. The Mental Game is just a compilation of a bunch of articles put together to help you focus on 3 aspects of the mental game. It's a light read to get you started on navigating the course and preparation. Zen Golf is more touchy feely but gave me some good stuff to clear my mind for preshot etc.

After reading both books I sped up my pace of play a great deal and stay within my game much better. It's still a work in progress as I'm easily distracted during the round.

To play a couple of rounds on R&R. Don't even care what I shoot. Just wanna get out there!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Shoot consistently in the 70's
Improve my putting
Play more
Play more out of province
Must get a new driver
Find that perfect set of irons.

become a better putter.
Enjoy the game - don't get discouraged on bad shots.
Continue improving swing.
Meet some THPers.

First and foremost get back exercising and lose some weight/ gain more flexibility
Shoot Under par in league 6 times
Make more putts outside of 10 ft
Get my 9 hole handicap down to a 3

We have a lot of lucky THPers who have already gotten their 2014 season off the ground. Anyone still want to put their goals up before they get too many rounds in? (Or any rounds in!)

Remember, we'll come back at the end of 2014 to grade ourselves on our goals!

Finally figured out my goal for this year: I want to find a gamer ball. This past year I tried several different balls, but I never really focused on comparing them to each other, and I didn't always keep track of what I used. So they all kind of blend together in my mind.

This year I plan to be more meticulous in tracking how each ball performs, and hopefully I'll be able to find a consistent gamer.

I am revising my goals after talking to the new assistant professional at the course. I think my first priority, being that I am so short is to get fit for every club in the bag. I've been fit for irons and putter, but never a driver, fairway wood or hybrid.

Then after a quick evaluation with him, I think that I am going to start taking my lessons from him every other week. I have seen absolutely no improvement over time with my current instructor, so it's time for a change there.

Become better around the green and especially in putting. also get down to a five hdc.

Have my first round set up for Sunday with some other THPers, so I will get this on the page now:

Drop 4 strokes or more off of my handicap (get to a 12 or lower)

Improve putting to where I average 32 or less putts per round.

Plan to do this is by getting in better shape (twice a week with a trainer, 3-4 times a week on my own for cardio). Range time at least once a week, and hopefully 2-3 times a week. Spend 1 hour+ a week just putting, and 1 hour+ per week on the short game.

looks like sleep will have to wait for 2015.:banana:

Be more consistent on my drives, then try to stay below 90. Had a lot of 91-92 last year, but was only able to break 90 twice. Got new clubs, so hope these will help.

30 putts average would be my goal, this should help me take my handicap down a few strokes

Breaking 80 is still at the top of the list. But beyond that, just to play more consistently. Enough of this up and down, good front/back, bad front/back. Enough of fighting to break 100 one day, and being in the low 80's the next.

Back