deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
Anyone else here SCUBA? I was certified (SSI) in 2012 and have done a few dives in the Bahamas with the wife. I hope to go wreck diving at some point, but I need quite a few more "safe" dives before I tackle the crazy conditions found off the NC coast. My ideal vacation would now be a SCUBA trip followed up by golf on my decompression day.

I did when I lived in Australia. It is so much fun. If I lived somewhere like that again I would get back into it for sure.

I got PADI certified in high school and dove off of key west. It was so much fun but I haven't been since. I know johnny mojo is a diver, so hopefully he chimes in here.

Anyone else here SCUBA? I was certified (SSI) in 2012 and have done a few dives in the Bahamas with the wife. I hope to go wreck diving at some point, but I need quite a few more "safe" dives before I tackle the crazy conditions found off the NC coast. My ideal vacation would now be a SCUBA trip followed up by golf on my decompression day.

Been diving off and on since 1985. Here are some pics of a trip to Grand Cayman we did over Thanksgiving.

JM

Some very cool shots JM!

Awesome shots JM! Once the wife delivers our little bundle of joy it's my hope that we can free up some time to dive again.

I got PADI certified when I was stationed in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The diving there was spectacular, and probably spoiled me for what I was able to see on dives when I returned to the states.

I got certified 15 years ago and used to do alot of dives...but haven't been in about 8 or 9 years now.....something else I need to get back into

I got certified 15 years ago and used to do alot of dives...but haven't been in about 8 or 9 years now.....something else I need to get back into

I know what you mean TBT. Every time we go, we can't wait to get back down but then life gets in the way and it ends up being a while before we go again. The Caribbean really spoiled us too. Since the MC is in July and we are coming over early to make a vacation out of it, my daughter and I may look into finding an operator and making a couple of morning dives. We wouldn't bring all of our own gear, probably just rent.

JM

Padi certified in high school and haven't done it in 10 years... Definitely something to get back into. I was thinking about getting classes and certification for my g/f and doing refresher courses and having both of us do it, but it's one of those things that it's hard to find time for.

PADI certified in 1985 and dove regularly until 1990 when life got in the way. Just a typical northern California "Red Triangle diver", though the majority of my dives were at Whaler's Cove, which is a underwater state park, located south of Monterery, CA and at Timber Cove on the northern CA coast. I received my high altitude certification with dives at Lake Tahoe.

JM, cool stuff. I watched the video in the other thread as well. I love diving. My son got certified a couple of years ago and so far every trip we've taken, his dive's gotten cancelled due to weather!! What a bummer, but he'll get something in this year come hell or high water. Well, not high water, that's what cancelled the last dive, 6 - 8 foot waves.

We did a cruise at the end of July. Put together a couple of GoPro Vids and here they are. This was my son's first time to actually be able to go into the ocean and dive. I don't think the freshwater dives will satisfy him anymore.

Awesome vids Tbrons! What outfit did you guys dive with? The round Rock dive looked like you had a pretty nice Wall on the right. Love Wall dives!

We dove with Tom and his folks at Off the Wall Divers. Great group of people and would highly recommend them to anyone going down there.

In a recent crash, we lost all of our Grand Cayman dive trip videos. We still have some really good pics, some of which I posted, but the videos are gone. Oh well, looks like we will have to go back!

Glad you guys had such a good time!

JM

Certified Open water in 2000 and Certified Rescue Diver in 2001. Then life got in the way. Haven't been in years but would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go again. Those videos are amazing. It's a completely different world down there!

TBT, I would say get qualified, but where you live, its hard to justify. LOL,of course you can't get further from an ocean than Kansas City. I got qualified in 88 while I was in the Navy though
JM, that stinks that you lost your vids! Can't take away the memories though. We were on a cruise and due to the time in port with our arrival we had to use Don Fosters. But they were awesome and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I did call Off the Wall and some others too. There are 364 different dive sites around the island so you can dive a different site every day of the year. Sounds like a reason to go back to me.
ncs, I don't know your story, but your singing a familiar song brother. There's a 20 year gap in my dive log. My youngest likes the more adventure sports where my oldest is a more traditional athlete. The younger one couldn't wait to get qualified and I was excited too. I did my refresher while he got certified so we could do it together. Maybe someday you can get back in the water and make some bubbles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

SDI open water qualified in 2004, by 2009 I was Mod 1 qualified on a Classic Kiss Rebreather. In-between those, Advanced open water with PADI, Advanced Nitrox and deco and GUE Fundamentals. Majority of my diving was in dry suits of the coast of Scotland including a couple of trips to Scapa Flow where the German World War 1 fleet was scuttled.

Hung my fins up in 2010. Mid week diving in the UK got harder as the boats couldn't fill up and my dive buddies all had work commitments. Scenic shore or reef diving didn't float my boat as I liked wreck diving.

That's some pretty hefty quals and a lot of money to hang it up all together.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Was a certified PADI instructor for a number of years ... but life happens, and I have drifted away from it the last 8 years.

However, I absolutely love it!

That's some pretty hefty quals and a lot of money to hang it up all together.

My spare bedroom use to look like a dive shop, rebreather, twinsets, single tanks, stage tanks, regulators, drysuits, wings and boxes of spares. Fortunately I didn't lose to much cash when I sold it on.

Maybe now it looks like a golf shop?

Wanted to SCUBA dive since Sea Hunt with Lloyd Bridges was on TV (1958). Life happened and finally got certified in 2008.

Back