Status
Not open for further replies.
Glock 19 high on my priority list as well.

swing your swing

My Glock 19 is by far the best pistol I've ever had. It's very easy carrying IWB and that says a lot for my build.

Are there really Glock haters? I think people only hate Glock snobs.

Are there really Glock haters? I think people only hate Glock snobs.

I think it's old school polymer haters than Glock specific.

I know my dad is a wheel gun guy through and through and wouldn't use anything else for self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really a fan of the lack of external safety.

Hard to beat a Glock when it comes to dependability. Was cleaning my 30 the other day and thinking about how nice it is to shoot. I know some don't like the lack of an external safety. I actually know a couple of guys that use these when they carry.

http://www.clipdraw.com/store/index.php?rn=396&action=show_detail

Not sure how I feel about it, but it's certainly an option. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

That's pretty neat. Midway used to sell an external safety kit (not sure if they still do).

I carry a 4" 1911 in my truck always, IWB when I feel the need to. it's heavier and bulkier than what most people would carry but I'm a big dude and the double safety makes me feel a lot better about keeping one chambered. single stack 1911 is thin, too. which makes it work well IWB. That is easily my fanciest pistol, but I think my favorite to shoot is my Beretta PX4. light, *very* accurate, and incredibly easy to tear down and clean. I've never once had a FTF with it, and it's been fired at least a couple thousand times with all sorts of ammo. It's so accurate that I managed a 248/250 score on my CHL (texas concealed carry) exam. My wife actually got 249/250 on hers with the same gun. I will *never* live that down, lol

Very interested in a single stack glock. Not a fan of the .380 round though. Make it 9mm and i'll probably be a buyer. I doubt I would've given the M&P Shield a look if a single stack glock was available. Not many glock haters on this site. Love my glock 23. People on this site are to practical to hate glock.

i dont mind cleaning my pistol but my rifle is a pita

Guns....

i dont mind cleaning my pistol but my rifle is a pita

Lol. Yes, but try cleaning a revolver. My .44 doesn't get too dirty because I only fire a handful of rounds in any one session and the holes are big. But the .22 is a major pita. Always fire a lot of round and it gets dirty. It's a 6-shot S&W and seems like it has 20 chambers in that cylinder. It's stainless steel and looks dirty. Great gun, but I hate cleaning it.

Worst is my 1858 Remington replica. Black powder residue gets everywhere. It's like the thing vomits charcoal. Great clouds of sparks and smoke with a wonderful deep below, but boy is it dirty. Feels like rust just waiting to happen too. I'm always panicked to get it clean ASAP.

Yup, hate cleaning revolvers.

I always thought cleaning the AR was easier than a hunting rifle hahah.
its still a pita compared to a pistol... takes me 10mins to clean my pistol and an hour to clean my rifle... then again i have ocd so when i clean my rifle... i really clean it haha
Lol. Yes, but try cleaning a revolver. My .44 doesn't get too dirty because I only fire a handful of rounds in any one session and the holes are big. But the .22 is a major pita. Always fire a lot of round and it gets dirty. It's a 6-shot S&W and seems like it has 20 chambers in that cylinder. It's stainless steel and looks dirty. Great gun, but I hate cleaning it.

Worst is my 1858 Remington replica. Black powder residue gets everywhere. It's like the thing vomits charcoal. Great clouds of sparks and smoke with a wonderful deep below, but boy is it dirty. Feels like rust just waiting to happen too. I'm always panicked to get it clean ASAP.

Yup, hate cleaning revolvers.
i used to help my dad clean his guns and i actually liked cleaning his .357 revolver haha

I think I finally found an acceptable load for my 22-250.
This pick is my first try with some 40gr nosler at 100 yards. It's a 4 shot group. Looks like three though. 14/01/10/4edy5ehe.jpg[/IMG]
etahetym.jpg

yeah I think my revolver is my easiest gun to clean, and that includes my o/u shotguns (which are stupid easy). I just pull the cylinder and wipe everything down. run a brush and a cloth through the barrel and each chamber and put it back together. 5 mins tops.

u2aryjaj.jpg

This is will be my main load for the 22-250. I've struggled with it but think I may have found it. This is at 200 yards, 29 degrees with a 10 mph at the back wind. I had one get away from me. I can work on the COL now and see if I can get it to tighten up. Pretty happy with this at 200 though. This is with 50gr v-max.

Last edited:
u2aryjaj.jpg

This is will be my main load for the 22-250. I've struggled with it but think I may have found it. This is at 200 yards, 29 degrees with a 10 mph at the back wind. I had one get away from me. I can work on the COL now and see if I can get it to tighten up. Pretty happy with this at 200 though.
wow thats a lot tighter than i can get it at 100yrds... but at 29 degrees the shivers would definitely affect my shot placement haha

wow thats a lot tighter than i can get it at 100yrds... but at 29 degrees the shivers would definitely affect my shot placement haha

Haha. Had to wait a week to get out and test loads. 29 was a warm day. Last Sunday was -18 with -39 wind chill.

I think I finally found an acceptable load for my 22-250.
This pick is my first try with some 40gr nosler at 100 yards. It's a 4 shot group. Looks like three though. 14/01/10/4edy5ehe.jpg[/IMG]
etahetym.jpg

I have groupings like that all the time, I use a pencil and push it through the paper and people think I'm a crackshot. Lol. Kidding, that's really good shooting!

I'm tempted to get one of these R1 1911, especially because of the free storm lake barrel.

Rem1911R1_Rebate_lrg.ashx

Mmk, it's shotgun time it would seem. My dad and I tried to take apart his old CIL 607 made by Savage and one screw (the ONE screw) that holds everything together seems to have absolutely committed suicide on its way out despite being absolutely babied by us. Chances of getting another one are slim to none...

SO! What do I do now? I could get an 870 express and be very operational and successful with basically the tractor of the gun world... or I could ditch my golf funds and save up for a Browning Silver, Remington Versamax, Winchester SX3 at around $1100 each.

Does anyone have any experience with these guns? The 870 has been plagued recently with QC problems but I mean for $370, I can sit there and polish burrs out myself and it'll eventually be fine. When I got my rifle I sat at my kitchen table and cycled the action a few hundred times till it was smooth and buttery so I don't really care that much about it. I just want something that's reliable (reason i was taking this other shotgun apart was because it was stove piping and failing to load... so it was a single shot effectively).

Mmk, it's shotgun time it would seem. My dad and I tried to take apart his old CIL 607 made by Savage and one screw (the ONE screw) that holds everything together seems to have absolutely committed suicide on its way out despite being absolutely babied by us. Chances of getting another one are slim to none...

SO! What do I do now? I could get an 870 express and be very operational and successful with basically the tractor of the gun world... or I could ditch my golf funds and save up for a Browning Silver, Remington Versamax, Winchester SX3 at around $1100 each.

Does anyone have any experience with these guns? The 870 has been plagued recently with QC problems but I mean for $370, I can sit there and polish burrs out myself and it'll eventually be fine. When I got my rifle I sat at my kitchen table and cycled the action a few hundred times till it was smooth and buttery so I don't really care that much about it. I just want something that's reliable (reason i was taking this other shotgun apart was because it was stove piping and failing to load... so it was a single shot effectively).

Get the 870 tactical and the. Add some magpul stuff

Get the 870 tactical and the. Add some magpul stuff

The gun's going to be used for clays, ducks, geese, and upland birds so I don't need all the fancy furniture. Although, my brother's 870 has a magul forend and a shell saddle that are handy, but if I got an 870 it'd be wood.

The gun's going to be used for clays, ducks, geese, and upland birds so I don't need all the fancy furniture. Although, my brother's 870 has a magul forend and a shell saddle that are handy, but if I got an 870 it'd be wood.

In that case go with a versamax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back